1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Andre Roberts (WR, Citadel)

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by NYPacker, Apr 18, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    One of the most underrated prospects in this years draft. Because he played in a small school (it's still division 1 football) he doesn't get much recognition. However Roberts can certainly do it all: catch in traffic check, YAC check, Punt returner check, Kick returner check, consistent route runner check, etc. etc. He's projected to go in the fourth round and I wouldn't mind at all if TT decided to give him a chance there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5rP_BiEdg]YouTube - Andre Roberts (WR, Citadel) Highlights[/ame]

The reason why I highlighted "screens, drag routes or down the sidelines" is because the Packers have struggled to implement these routes due to the fact that our recievers are very weak doing so. Adding Roberts would definitely fix that.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    He, together with Jordan Shipley and Riley Cooper are my favorites Wrs in this draft.

All though, great hands, YAC receivers. No blazing speed, no height advantage, but the 3 can flat out play.

Well, my favorite is Golden Tate, but he's not an option...

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I think Roberts is the only exception here if you're talking about blazing speed. There are plays where I see he flat out burns a CB or safety. I think Roberts has a slow acceleration but once he reaches his top gear he's tough to catch.

Tate is my favorite receiver too and I think he may be a better option than Dez Bryant if you don't want all the baggage. If he falls to the second round I wouldn't mind at all if we moved up to take him.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Depends. For our 2nd and a 5th, not problem. For more than that...