Andre Roberts (WR, Citadel)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the most underrated prospects in this years draft. Because he played in a small school (it's still division 1 football) he doesn't get much recognition. However Roberts can certainly do it all: catch in traffic check, YAC check, Punt returner check, Kick returner check, consistent route runner check, etc. etc. He's projected to go in the fourth round and I wouldn't mind at all if TT decided to give him a chance there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5rP_BiEdg]YouTube - Andre Roberts (WR, Citadel) Highlights[/ame]

Release: Good straight-line speed and superior quickness. Quick first step off the line, and separates from defenders after a cut or once past the second level with great acceleration. Will need to learn how to beat the jam from pro corners, but won't back away from the challenge.

Hands: Makes the easy catch consistently, and can make difficult catches look easy. Strong hands and good vertical in jump-ball situations, albeit against smaller FCS corners. Can track the ball over either shoulder. Maintains control of the ball after taking a hit down the sideline. Secure with the ball as a punt returner.

Route running: Most receptions come on screens, drag routes or down the sideline. Separates from nickel corners on quick outs, and can stop on a dime after securing the ball to head upfield. Will need to learn the finer points of route-running to find holes in zones from the slot, but his quick feet and sure hands should allow him to excel.

After the catch: Very elusive after the catch, often turning short throws into big gains using quick reverse moves, vision and acceleration. Protects the ball well, and plays stronger than his wiry frame would indicate. Fights for additional yardage after initial contact. Nice first step, cut back and quick acceleration on punt returns, but NFL special teams units will be tougher to gain yardage against.

Blocking: Willing downfield and goal-line blocker, but lacks the size and hand technique to sustain against larger corners. Could give more consistent effort maintaining the inside angle and getting to defenders in the open field. Gets a body on a defender to seal back-side edge when run blocking from motion.

Intangibles: Hard worker on and off the field, as is expected from students of a military school. Quiet leader, well-liked by his coaches. Received the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame's annual Bobby Richardson Sportsmanship Award in May 2009.

NFL Comparison: Harry Douglas, Falcons

The reason why I highlighted "screens, drag routes or down the sidelines" is because the Packers have struggled to implement these routes due to the fact that our recievers are very weak doing so. Adding Roberts would definitely fix that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He, together with Jordan Shipley and Riley Cooper are my favorites Wrs in this draft.

All though, great hands, YAC receivers. No blazing speed, no height advantage, but the 3 can flat out play.

Well, my favorite is Golden Tate, but he's not an option...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He, together with Jordan Shipley and Riley Cooper are my favorites Wrs in this draft.

All though, great hands, YAC receivers. No blazing speed, no height advantage, but the 3 can flat out play.

Well, my favorite is Golden Tate, but he's not an option...

I think Roberts is the only exception here if you're talking about blazing speed. There are plays where I see he flat out burns a CB or safety. I think Roberts has a slow acceleration but once he reaches his top gear he's tough to catch.

Tate is my favorite receiver too and I think he may be a better option than Dez Bryant if you don't want all the baggage. If he falls to the second round I wouldn't mind at all if we moved up to take him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Roberts is the only exception here if you're talking about blazing speed. There are plays where I see he flat out burns a CB or safety. I think Roberts has a slow acceleration but once he reaches his top gear he's tough to catch.

Tate is my favorite receiver too and I think he may be a better option than Dez Bryant if you don't want all the baggage. If he falls to the second round I wouldn't mind at all if we moved up to take him.
Depends. For our 2nd and a 5th, not problem. For more than that...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts