Andre Rison is a deadbeat?

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andre came up here to Toronto to play and was benched for all the Playoffs including the Grey Cup game. I don't really follow the CFL but I was excited when he came to Toronto but he was a big bust. As good a player as he is a father now I guess if he can't even make it in the CFL.
Later
Leopardmech

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He shouldn't had to pay that much child support. He wasn't making that much money and they kept his set rate at a extremely high portion. I know first hand how that works, the state/gov't whichever enjoys ******** the father hardcore. Nothing you can do bout it but pay what you have to and be a man and father for ur child.

OP
OP
V

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Zero...I gotta side with you on the issue of child support and the way the government sets it up....

We'll have to compare war stories about that issue sometime.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never had to go through that child support thing........but it only costs so much to raise a kid..........no matter if you make 20 grand a year, or 20 million, the amount to raise a kid is the same. WHY should the "child" support go up, if the Dad's pay goes up? Isn't he then supporting the ex-wife more then the kid? Just my opinion.
Oh.....i should add.......i'm dead set against these deadbeat Dads........i saw on TV where some leave Wisconsin to get out of paying FAIR child support. They caught up with a guy that owes 30 grand, and owns his own business in Texas! Now, a guy like that should be DRAGGGED back here to pay what he owes! He helped make the child, he SHOULD pay fair support.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happily married 20 years but have many friends divorced.

I agree that the father's income should factor but it seems to me that the mother should have to account for the money somehow. Seems to me that 100 per cent does not go to the kids. I could be wrong.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh god - a thread about Child Support.......yuck!!!!!!!

I love my boy to death. We spend 4-5 days a week together. I coach his football,baseball and basketball team and have gotten him every weekend for 9 years. Only missed 2 and thats when I went to Hawaii and Jamboree in the Hills.

BUT........

When I walk into the child support office they just ASSUME I am some kind of deadbeat dad because they deal with people like that all day. Last year they called me in to raise my child support 20.00 and I was like "are you friggin kidding". I take care of him when he is with me and buy him clothes, etc, but most importantly Packers Tickets!!!

I am about to engage in a nasty custody battle for him because his mom is a headcase. Ok, I will quit ramblin......

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
20? Mine got raised over a hundred jus because the mom wanted more money after she had her second kid (with a different guy).

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
I'm happily married 20 years but have many friends divorced.

I agree that the father's income should factor but it seems to me that the mother should have to account for the money somehow. Seems to me that 100 per cent does not go to the kids. I could be wrong.[/quot

I started to but I'm not going there now that I think about it.

Your 2nd to the last sentence is 100% correct.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I could make all you men cry with my child support story...Trust me I have cried many many times over it...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Used to be in Wi, they took a % of your gross income EVERY WEEK... So if you worked 20 hours of over time that was figured into it..Now it is a fixed % for each week.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the poor stooge who was ordered by the court to pay child support for a kid that he did not even father? Wifey went out and got knocked up by some guy and as soon as the kid was born he had paternity checked as he had concerns. Judge had different thoughts on the matter.

Dear God...the world is full of these nightmares...pay through the nose to support the child and then watch the ex move 2000 miles away just to hurt the poor seed donor.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
How about the poor stooge who was ordered by the court to pay child support for a kid that he did not even father? Wifey went out and got knocked up by some guy and as soon as the kid was born he had paternity checked as he had concerns. Judge had different thoughts on the matter.

Dear God...the world is full of these nightmares...pay through the nose to support the child and then watch the ex move 2000 miles away just to hurt the poor seed donor.

sounds pretty familir to my situation :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts