Andre Branch - The Packers Savior

Reaction score
Almost all mock drafts have him going to Green Bay. This guy has been a monster for the past couple of years. This guy has Julius Peppers speed. This guy will come to Green Bay and will singlehandedly help the Packers pass rush problems. Matthews can thank this guy now.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a mock today with him to us in round 1, and Kendall Reyes, DE Uconn, to us in round 2. That would be great.
I also saw this today:

Baylor RB Terrance Ganaway (57)
Ganaway is the first big back on the list, measuring 5-11 and 241 pounds. He's a former Houston transfer coming off a breakout senior season, and Ganaway's blend of size, burst and lateral mobility jumps out at times on film. He's capable of running over defenders or making them miss when he gets into space, but his ability to contribute on third down is a concern.
Still, the Philadelphia Eagles could find a spot for a back like Ganaway. With Ronnie Brown set to become a free agent the Eagles could plug Ganaway in as their more powerful back behind LeSean McCoy, and also use him to spell McCoy when needed.
Louisiana Tech RB Lennon Creer (41)
Creer's college career ended on a down note after he missed the final two regular-season games with a foot injury and was then ruled academically ineligible for the Poinsettia Bowl. The foot injury also seemed to slow him a bit at both the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl. He held his own at both all-star games, but didn't look as explosive as he does on film.
Creer can bounce outside after pressing the line of scrimmage and flashes the ability to make defenders miss in a phone booth. Add in his experience catching the ball, and he's an interesting middle-to-late-round prospect, especially for a team like the Green Bay Packers. Creer's ability to contribute on passing downs and share the rushing workload makes him a good fit for a Packers team that needs help at running back.
Kansas State RB Bryce Brown* (32)
Brown has carried the ball just three times since 2009 and could very well go undrafted. The way he left Tennessee in the spring of 2010 also raises concerns about his character. However, don't be surprised to see a team take a chance on this boom-or-bust prospect late on Day 3.
Brown showed NFL-quality vision, burst and power during his true freshman season in 2009. If he can regain that form he could prove to be a steal, and Baltimore is one possible landing spot. It would be a stunner if Ravens RB Ray Rice is allowed to leave via free agency, but the Ravens still need to add depth. They have the leadership in the locker room to get the most out of Brown, and his hard-nosed running style fits Baltimore's physical style of play.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at quite a few mock drafts, and Branch is only going to the Packers in a small portion of them. Wouldn't mind him being the pick, but would rather get someone else.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kipers latest mock draft (2/15):

Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
The Packers are another team that should be looking for the best value possible at either safety or cornerback, and Smith provides value here. What I like about Smith is his ability to do it all. He's not the world's greatest athlete, but any scout will tell you: At this position, you take the instincts over the athlete 100 out of 100 times. Smith gets great jumps in coverage and will get in passing lanes, but he's also outstanding in run support. You don't lose ground in one area when he's out there.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't see us going with a safety in the 1st round

If Collins career is over, the Packers biggest need becomes a safety. Charlie Peprah is putrid and there is no depth at the position. Without looking, nobod can even name the players behind Peprah and Burnett.

And moving Woodson to safety is a bad idea. He's best in his hybrid role.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Collins career is over, the Packers biggest need becomes a safety. Charlie Peprah is putrid and there is no depth at the position. Without looking, nobod can even name the players behind Peprah and Burnett.

If we have to go with a safety in the first it should be Barron

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anthony Levine, who has the 2nd best # in football, #34!!

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Bruce Irvin as our OLB draft pick, he has amazing 4.3 speed so he can stay with pass catching TEs or slot receivers and from his highlight videos he can get to the quarterback in an instant. Where would you see him being drafted?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Bruce Irvin as our OLB draft pick, he has amazing 4.3 speed so he can stay with pass catching TEs or slot receivers and from his highlight videos he can get to the quarterback in an instant. Where would you see him being drafted?
I'll take him at any point Teddy takes him.
Sounds like he's a likely early 2nd rounder, but Matthews was a likely 2nd rounder too, 3 drafts ago.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
I look at quite a few mock drafts, and Branch is only going to the Packers in a small portion of them. Wouldn't mind him being the pick, but would rather get someone else.
Yeah. When I wrote that post, it was before the combine and his stock probably rose since then.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce Irvin
This guy is an animal. 14 sacks last year. His dreads and Clays locks? Come on. It's not even fair. But seriously watch this video, @ 2:39 in the video imagine him doing that opposite Clay next year.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce Irvin
This guy is an animal. 14 sacks last year. His dreads and Clays locks? Come on. It's not even fair. But seriously watch this video, @ 2:39 in the video imagine him doing that opposite Clay next year.

Man, he looks good especially at 2:29 and 2:45 against Rutgers. He looks to have dynamic qualities, I think some team is gonna suprise everyone and draft him in the 20's. I hope the Packers get a chance at him. He looks like the real deal.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say if Collins is done, safety becomes another "weak position" to go along with OLB, DE and Center. Can't fix all these problems with one draft, which is why we need to take to best value pick here...whomever Ted deems that to be.

If Collins comes back it's going to be huge for us...likewise if he doesn't it's going to hurt a lot to create another position of need on the defense. When does he have that appointment anyways?

D

Dan115

I would say if Collins is done, safety becomes another "weak position" to go along with OLB, DE and Center. Can't fix all these problems with one draft, which is why we need to take to best value pick here...whomever Ted deems that to be.

If Collins comes back it's going to be huge for us...likewise if he doesn't it's going to hurt a lot to create another position of need on the defense. When does he have that appointment anyways?

I think it is this week.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost all mock drafts have him going to Green Bay. This guy has been a monster for the past couple of years. This guy has Julius Peppers speed. This guy will come to Green Bay and will singlehandedly help the Packers pass rush problems. Matthews can thank this guy now.

Scout.com has Branch rated as their #39 prospect in the draft, CBS Sports as #31, and ESPN Scout's Inc. as #20. I think he's a bit of a reach in the first, though I know most mocks have him going there. Any comparison to Peppers is way off IMO...that guy was/is a physical freak and is an extremely rare caliber of player.

IMO we would be better off going with a higher rated player at another position (on defense) who falls to us. The first round caliber pass rushers will be gobbled up by #15-20 like every year, but there are always ILB's, CB's and safeties that will fall.

I worry about using a 1st on Perry, Mercilus and Branch because there are many question marks. Specifically with Branch, there seem to be concern from scouts about his being raw, lack of explosiveness off the snap and ability to hold up against the run.

Don't get me wrong though...I think if they go with Branch I would be happy. He will need a couple years to develop, bulk/strengthen up...but he seems to have the tools to possibly be a good 3-4 OLB. Nothing wrong with a rookie needing some time.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Perry would be the smartest choice because they've always been a reliable college program that churns out good players as Matthews and Cushing can attest to at the LB position.

I like Irvin too but he looks a tad undersized even though he's very explosive and he's had some recent off the field issues.

I've taken a real liking to Mercilus. He looked incredible last season, he has a great build and ability to be a playmaker off the edge and he seems like a very well spoken guy. He's being called a one seasons wonder, but JPP was a one year wonder too in college and he turned out alright.

Members online

Latest posts