and now the Eagles

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with your assessment of the LB's. Dhani Jones is a waste. Trotter is slower than he was but is still solid. Matt McCoy= Brady Poppinga a hihg motor but limited athletic ability.

Your safeties are good but your corners are weak.....even when healthy.

Didn't mean to call all eagle fan jagoffs....just the ones that came here last season........and 90% of the ones I know personally.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't we just be friends?.

Eagles for me slip into like them better than most teams but dont really matter to me column. I can respect any team and any Team fans, hey I mean they watch the games with same excitment s we do for out teams.

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles offense is achored by Donovan McNabb, who has been razor sharp this year, and a solid offensive line.

Stallworth has been a happy addition, he goes long, he goes short, he goes medium.... he drops balls. If that guy caught everything that hit him on the hands, he would be one of the best in the game right now. He is having an excellent season so far, and he might even grace the Pro Bowl, or at least be a Pro Bowl Alternate. Reggie Brown, the split end, had a solid rookie season, and he has had some very good sparks this year. Greg Lewis got a bad rap last year becuase he was playing a starting spot when he's really a perfect slot guy. He's quick, can go over the middle and can make a cut. Everything you want in a slot guy, but not really a solid starter.

LJ Smith is coming out of his shell, which he did early last year too, before McNabb got hurt. Once McNabb was hurt, his numbers dropped damatically. This year, though, he is proving that he can be one of the NFL's best recieving tight ends. The #2 is Matt Schoebel. His consistency in the recieving game is his weakness. He throws some solid blocks, but has some solid drops. That was corny and didn't rhyme but we can move on. He has plays like the 60 yard catch against the 49ers, or the wide open drop in the endzone vs. the Giants. I mean, this went between his hands and the ball was moving no faster than 10 mph. He also had nobody within 6 yards of him.

Westbrook is reminding everyone why they voted for him into the Pro Bowl 2 years ago. he is a flat out athlete. Just becuase he's a great reciever, doesn't mean he can't run. He's showing everyone that this year. Tapeh, the fullback, is the best fullback we've seen athleticwise in a while. Andy Reid has been running FB runs his year, which he hadn't done a single time in 2 or 3 years. Tapeh is a 3 out of 5 as far as blocking. Not great, but he doesn't whiff. Buckhalter and Moats are the backup tailbacks. Moats is a Westbrook clone and Buckhalter is a Westbrook with power.

The offensive line has always been a thing Andy Reid has put stock into. William Thomas and Jon Runyan are two guys who have been aroun and still have a lot of ability, even in the low 30's. Jamaal Jackson filled in for Fraley last year, and he has the ability to read and pick up a blitz, which Fraley couldn't. This was a reason the Eagles struggled against 3-4 teams. Andrews is a pro bowl caliber Guard and he is on the SI young players to watch list. Herremans is another guy who filled in for an injury last season at LT, and he is moved to be the starting LG. This line has been solid for both running and passing.

Donovan McNabb hasn't run in the open field like he used to, but he can still scramble in the pocket. He can now read defenses better, find recievers better, and mkae better descisions. He doesn't need to be a rushing QB now that he has learned to attack defenses through the air like he has. Pocket Presence and ability to avoid a rush is a skill that is very handy no matter how well you can pass or read a defense.

OP
OP
C

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
1. Brett Favre NO Intercpetions
2. Ahman Green hold on to the football
3. Defense Backs make Interceptions
4. Defensive Line Hurry them or STOP them
5. Offensive Line Keep on blocking

If the Pack can do that than hey I think they sure should win
With this recipe, I don't see who we can't beat!

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I disagree with your assessment of the LB's. Dhani Jones is a waste. Trotter is slower than he was but is still solid. Matt McCoy= Brady Poppinga a hihg motor but limited athletic ability.

Didn't mean to call all eagle fan jagoffs....just the ones that came here last season........and 90% of the ones I know personally.
Woah, corners are weak? Are you joking? No really, I want to know if that was a joke. The 4 starting DB's were considered the cream of the crop for the NFL before the season started. Lito Sheppard is a speed/playmaker type guy, and Sheldon Brown only allowed 3 deep passes in 04 and 05, playing every single down. There was a site where a fellow Eagle fan used that fact last year while arguing with a fan from another team on the EMB last year. Don't know where that site is.

I don't know what Eagle game film you've been watching, but McCoy has a lot of athletic ability. Dhani doesn't give up big plays, or create big plays himself. I wouldn't call that a waste.

That's fine about you calling Eagle fans jagoffs, it's a bad rep that unfortunately a small minority has created. Wherever I post, all I hear about is how Eagles fans are classless. I've grown to live with it, and not care what other fans say, since most don't know the real truth that every fan base has just as many bad apples.

It's funny how NFC East fans, the ones who we share a stadium with the most, don't really point out our class level that often, but fans that we hardly ever see have this idea that every single Eagle fan is classless.

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Isn't Jevon Kearse out for a while too? Their defense is getting old.
Just Dawkins and Kearse are the only ones over 30, and Kearse just turned 30 like 2 weeks ago.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

90% is a solid assessment...mainly because i get "why do you like the packers youre not from green bay" from the eagles fanbase, that is, when the eagles are winning...needless to say i didnt hear a lot from them last season (weeks 7 and on)

I could never picture another team's fanbase driving me to hate a team as much as the Eagles fans have done my entire life, in case you guys havent noticed, my typically insightful posts where I provide solid analysis are being replaced with incoherent rants which is a product of the Eagle fan environment that I have grown up, and am still stuck in...monday night is my season...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
furferret2 said:
DePack said:

Woah, corners are weak? Are you joking? No really, I want to know if that was a joke. The 4 starting DB's were considered the cream of the crop for the NFL before the season started. Lito Sheppard is a speed/playmaker type guy, and Sheldon Brown only allowed 3 deep passes in 04 and 05, playing every single down. There was a site where a fellow Eagle fan used that fact last year while arguing with a fan from another team on the EMB last year. Don't know where that site is.

I don't know what Eagle game film you've been watching, but McCoy has a lot of athletic ability. Dhani doesn't give up big plays, or create big plays himself. I wouldn't call that a waste.

That's fine about you calling Eagle fans jagoffs, it's a bad rep that unfortunately a small minority has created. Wherever I post, all I hear about is how Eagles fans are classless. I've grown to live with it, and not care what other fans say, since most don't know the real truth that every fan base has just as many bad apples.

It's funny how NFC East fans, the ones who we share a stadium with the most, don't really point out our class level that often, but fans that we hardly ever see have this idea that every single Eagle fan is classless.

I live in the philly area and see every single game........but I don't watch them with dark green glasses on. Their corners SUCK. The only reason they did OK a couple years ago was because of the pressure the Dline got. Last season they got average pressure on the QB's and the corners got torched. Go back to 04 all you want......this is 06.

And c'mon with McCoy....everybody knows why the Philly fans love him. But he is an average LB at best.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
DePack said:

90% is a solid assessment...mainly because i get "why do you like the packers youre not from green bay" from the eagles fanbase, that is, when the eagles are winning...needless to say i didnt hear a lot from them last season (weeks 7 and on)

I could never picture another team's fanbase driving me to hate a team as much as the Eagles fans have done my entire life, in case you guys havent noticed, my typically insightful posts where I provide solid analysis are being replaced with incoherent rants which is a product of the Eagle fan environment that I have grown up, and am still stuck in...monday night is my season...

Hates:

I am sorry for your distaste of my fellow Eagle fans and know this well since my wife (Bills fan) feels the same way. I want you to know that I have been a classy and respectful Eagles fan since '72.

I have seen a progressive erosion of tolerable behavior with many of the younger fans here ... and find it impossible to take my kids to the games, etc...

I study the nuances of this great game with great detail and respect anyone else (you) who does same. The Packer fans are impressive and it would be nice if many of our fans would mirror. Please know that there are some Eagle fans out there that get it ...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1960worldchampions said:
Hates:

I am sorry for your distaste of my fellow Eagle fans and know this well since my wife (Bills fan) feels the same way. I want you to know that I have been a classy and respectful Eagles fan since '72.

I have seen a progressive erosion of tolerable behavior with many of the younger fans here ... and find it impossible to take my kids to the games, etc...

I study the nuances of this great game with great detail and respect anyone else (you) who does same. The Packer fans are impressive and it would be nice if many of our fans would mirror. Please know that there are some Eagle fans out there that get it ...

Glad to hear you are a respectful fan 1960, you are certainly welcome to talk football here anytime!

That's a shame about not being able to take your kids to games, I don't know what I would do if Lambeau got that bad, it would be a sad day indeed!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheppard and Kearse are out and Hood is doubtful. Philly NEEDs to get pressure on BF or he will torch them.

GB has shown great improvement in protection from game one to game three and ALL of these teams have had stout defenses and a talented "D" line.

It's not a coincidence that NY made a huge comeback after Kearse's injury or that the 49'rs were also successful against them. His lose will affect the rest of the defense ability to pressure because he pushed QB's to them often greatly assisting the overall sacks they produced.

We handle Cole and the blitz and we will be fine.

Hopefully the Monday night spotlight will wake up Harris, Woodson, Collins, and, Manuel and they will not give up so many big plays. They will get their yards passing the ball. If we can keep the big plays from ending up in the endzone like we did in the second half last week we have a great chance of winning this game.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
1960worldchampions said:
Hates:

Glad to hear you are a respectful fan 1960, you are certainly welcome to talk football here anytime!

That's a shame about not being able to take your kids to games, I don't know what I would do if Lambeau got that bad, it would be a sad day indeed!

Ryan:

Good to hear that kids are acceptable at Lambeau...

My problem is many of the seats around mine are sold on a weekly basis via E-bay or Razorgator for high $$ and the idiots who come to the game feel it is "an event of a lifetime" - hence they are typically drunk and out of control... The Eagles have been cracking down on this by revoking season tickets from the seat owners, but it hasn't impacted my section/situation yet. There used to be a time when you could count on pre-season games to be much tamer, but even these games are now problems and it is impossible to take kids.

It sounds like Lambeau is vastly different. It goes to show you the difference between Midwesterners and the East coast, huh?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1960worldchampions said:
Ryan said:
1960worldchampions said:
Hates:

Ryan:

Good to hear that kids are acceptable at Lambeau...

My problem is many of the seats around mine are sold on a weekly basis via E-bay or Razorgator for high $$ and the idiots who come to the game feel it is "an event of a lifetime" - hence they are typically drunk and out of control... The Eagles have been cracking down on this by revoking season tickets from the seat owners, but it hasn't impacted my section/situation yet. There used to be a time when you could count on pre-season games to be much tamer, but even these games are now problems and it is impossible to take kids.

It sounds like Lambeau is vastly different. It goes to show you the difference between Midwesterners and the East coast, huh?

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't consider going to the Vet a once in a lifetime experience! Now the next time the Eagles come to lambeau (which should be what, 30 years? :p) I would certainly recommend bringing the kids up for a game. There is so much history and so much to do up there it's great!

Yeah at the game you will get a little razzing because you will be wearing Eagles gear (and I'm sure there will be the occasional drunk) but it's really not too bad. A few years ago I took a friend that is a hard core Dolphins fan to Lambeau for a MNF game. People around us, razzed him a little, he fought back, everyone had fun. There was one or two drunks that had something to say, but once I told them to shut up and that he was there with a season ticket holder, they went off into their little drunken stooper and eventually get themselves removed from the stadium

There is always a few bad apples... but the fans at Lambeau certainly treat other fans better than some of the other stadiums I have been to... We heard about it most of the game at the old Mile High during a preseason game 5 or so years ago... all in all not too bad, but they needed to chill, it was preseason!

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I live in the philly area and see every single game........but I don't watch them with dark green glasses on. Their corners SUCK. The only reason they did OK a couple years ago was because of the pressure the Dline got. Last season they got average pressure on the QB's and the corners got torched. Go back to 04 all you want......this is 06.

And c'mon with McCoy....everybody knows why the Philly fans love him. But he is an average LB at best.
The corners certainly don't suck. This season they have looked jus above average, but you can't say they suck. How many deep balls did Sheldon Brown allow last year? There is a source that claims TWO! Two deep balls in an entire year. Last season's poor individual performances were becuase of the D line. In man coverage, it is extremely difficult (play DB myself) to cover a WR for a prolonged period, especially when the WR starts doing his own moves and break off the routes. In zone defense, when you give a QB that much time in the pocket, he will find the hole in the zone. Every zone has at least 1.

McCoy has played for three games buddy, three. He has been great. Eagle fans are the first ones to point out when a player sucks and the OLBs used to suck real badly for years. McCoy plays hard and he plays smart. He's still learning. Against the Texans, he bit on a play action, REALLY hard. He left a hole int he middle, and Moulds caught the ball without any pressure, and Mcihael Lewis was at a bad angle to make the stop, leading to a tocuhdown. I haven't seen McCoy really make similar mistakes since then.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
furferret2 said:
DePack said:

The corners certainly don't suck. This season they have looked jus above average, but you can't say they suck. How many deep balls did Sheldon Brown allow last year? There is a source that claims TWO! Two deep balls in an entire year. Last season's poor individual performances were becuase of the D line. In man coverage, it is extremely difficult (play DB myself) to cover a WR for a prolonged period, especially when the WR starts doing his own moves and break off the routes. In zone defense, when you give a QB that much time in the pocket, he will find the hole in the zone. Every zone has at least 1.

McCoy has played for three games buddy, three. He has been great. Eagle fans are the first ones to point out when a player sucks and the OLBs used to suck real badly for years. McCoy plays hard and he plays smart. He's still learning. Against the Texans, he bit on a play action, REALLY hard. He left a hole int he middle, and Moulds caught the ball without any pressure, and Mcihael Lewis was at a bad angle to make the stop, leading to a tocuhdown. I haven't seen McCoy really make similar mistakes since then.

Hey thanks for Football 101

Go preach on 700level.com

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've enjoyed reading these posts by Eagles fans. The past few years, we've had nothing but a bunch of cretins showing up on the board when the Packers play the Eagles, so it sure is refreshing to hear some real football talk from Philly fans.

It sounds like the Eagles are bouncing back from last year's nightmare season. I'm surprised that Stallworth has been so good for you; he never did much in New Orleans. But the Eagles have a decent O-line and one of the better QB's in the league, so it is a good place for a receiver to make a name for himself.

I am hoping this will be a good game, but it's impossible for me to feel optimistic about playing in Philadelphia. Too many bad memories, and they're all from the past three years. It will be interesting to see if the Packers go into that shotgun-heavy offense that they used against the Lions, or if McCarthy will finally live up to his word and make a serious effort to establish the run. I think the former is more likely, but who knows, maybe the running game is due to bust out.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I am hoping this will be a good game, but it's impossible for me to feel optimistic about playing in Philadelphia. Too many bad memories, and they're all from the past three years. It will be interesting to see if the Packers go into that shotgun-heavy offense that they used against the Lions, or if McCarthy will finally live up to his word and make a serious effort to establish the run. I think the former is more likely, but who knows, maybe the running game is due to bust out.

we can establish the run against a diminished philadelphia front if we can diversify from what we tried in the first three game...mistake free football will keep us in the game...and as been said...on national TV this is our chance to show that we're not 'pushed over' yet

Reaction score
For what it is worth:

Among the notables on their injury report were cornerbacks Roderick Hood (heel) and Lito Sheppard (ankle), who were listed as doubtful and safety Brian Dawkins (concussion), wide receiver Donte' Stallworth (hamstring) and running back Brian Westbrook (knee), who were listed as questionable.

SOURCE.

If those players are indeed out, then we have a realistic shot at beating them....

OP
OP
C

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Westbrook was questionable before the Niners game. He looked O.K. during that 71 yard TD run and/or 188 yards receiving! Unless Westbrook is listed as paralyzed( and I hope this never happens )I would not discount him...ever. For the most part I think the injury report is rarely accurate.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updates from Philly are reporting that BWest, Stall and Dawk WILL be playing and Lito likely (only if he looks OK on Friday - weekend). I am personally glad that we have had a long week to heal.

The Pack will need to counter plan for our heavy Dline pressure on Monday night. I have a feeling that our blitz package will be conservative until we have gauged the Dline's pressuring success. The run defense has been the best I have seen in quite some time and I question whether AGreen can accomplish his usual output this time around... Keys for Pack success will rest on #4's shoulders. He is coming off of a great effort and it will be interesting to see if he can keep it going...

Our offensive line is affording DMac lots of time to throw and he has been outstanding spreading the ball around. Our run game appears to have been given a boost due due to two of your DT's being out.

Enjoy the game and may there be no injuries!

Members online

Latest posts