Analyst expressions that you can't stand?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so I'm not exactly sure if these "sayings" are fan-generated or analyst-generated, but regardless they seem to be intertwined at this point and every time I hear them I just grit my teeth because I think they are some of the dumbest expressions. My list..

"Team B has nothing to lose!"

It seems like the underdogs, or the teams that "shouldn't be in the playoffs" have nothing to lose. I HATE this expression. So let me get this straight, you're in the playoffs which is the road to the biggest game in the NFL.. and you have NOTHING to lose? Give me a break. No matter who is playing in the playoffs, you certainly have something to lose.

"Team A didn't want it as much as Team B.."

Take Dallas for example losing to the Giants, all the speculation was.. "The Cowboys didn't play as hard, they didn't want it as much as New York did." CODSWALLOP I say! After all the grueling preparation before a game, you cannot tell me that one team wanted it more than the other. If a team gets beat, or even blown out, the team they faced simply played better that day.. it has nothing to do with "who wanted it more".

"The regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs!"

Again, balderdash! The regular season is precisely why the teams who are in the playoffs are there. It might be 0-0 in terms of being a new atmosphere, and more on the line, but you can't suddenly ignore that Drew Brees did what he did, or Rodgers did what he did.. those stats still apply to what you can expect in the playoffs.

Feel free to add to this list, or agree/disagree with me. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts