Analysis on everyone else's picks

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the picks on defense I thought TT missed on some guys that could've helped immensely. nix , Boeland and Skov were there to be had but he chose to pass on them all :-/ in the right locker room Nix can be a huge factor and Skov just plays hard all the time and Borland is just a football player. Love his motor and intense play and that type of attitude is contagious. Think that was a huge mistake not to take him.
You advocated taking Nix over Haha. A top 10ish prospect at arguably the Packers greatest position of need and you preferred a fat/lazy 3rd round talent. You also were demanding Skov. A player that all 32 teams passed on an average of 8 times each.

Nix over Haha as a leader? I don't think so. Haha was a strong leader on the best defense in the country. Some people think that the combine numbers is the absolute measure of a players athleticism, it isn't. Dix is a great athlete, great student of the game and his dedication and leadership will be a big boost to the Packers. Additionally, with Burnett not having to worry about playing next to a liability, he will be hopefully be able to return to what he was developing into, a very good safety.

D

Deleted member 6794

Addai was a good solid back and having a good kicker who is proven provides solid points. Just saying, they were better off than we were..... our QB situation sucked worse, hands down.

Addai rushed for 433 yards that season. he was decent in 2007 and 2008. Every team has a good kicker in today's NFL (except the 2012 Packers of course).

BTW it's a moot point. Caldwell will take over a talented Lions team and he has shown he 's capable of winning with one.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Caldwell is to much of a kitten to try to tame that nasty bunch of scum bag Lions. Much less try to get players like stafford to give up being a gun slinger or Suh to give up being a dirty player....... and they didnt do much in the way of getting anything to shore up that pass defense. The Lions are like the browns IMO, not much you can do with a pile of ****, even if ya frost it..... it is still a frosted turd.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm, I think us and MN had the best drafts. MN got a premier OLB and a franchise QB in round 1, both of which they sorely needed, and the Packers got arguably the best FS in the draft, two great WR prospects to fill out a depleted WR core, a solid pass-rushing OLB prospect with some ILB potential, and 2 players drafted for their high ceiling.

Both Bradford and Abbredaris were projected to go higher than they did, so the Packers got excellent value on those 2 picks. Don't see how you can say that the Packers had a bad draft,and most of the talking heads think they had a very good one.

Wait did Mn grab a qb in the first round other than Teddy Bridgewater? Who is this franchise quarterback of whom you speak?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll confess that I was a little down on Dix at first, but the more I read about him the more I like him. You have to love a kid that shows up to the draft dressed like a bellhop with a crooked bow tie. He only needs a slightly bigger gap in his front two teeth and then we just need Morgan and Sam to grow dreads again and Ha Ha could be the front man in our Jazz Quintet.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You advocated taking Nix over Haha. A top 10ish prospect at arguably the Packers greatest position of need and you preferred a fat/lazy 3rd round talent. You also were demanding Skov. A player that all 32 teams passed on an average of 8 times each.

Nix over Haha as a leader? I don't think so. Haha was a strong leader on the best defense in the country. Some people think that the combine numbers is the absolute measure of a players athleticism, it isn't. Dix is a great athlete, great student of the game and his dedication and leadership will be a big boost to the Packers. Additionally, with Burnett not having to worry about playing next to a liability, he will be hopefully be able to return to what he was developing into, a very good safety.

No man, I never said take Nix over HaHa!! Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm referring to the later rounds bro. nT was a need that's all I'm saying good Lord.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No man, I never said take Nix over HaHa!! Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm referring to the later rounds bro. nT was a need that's all I'm saying good Lord.

You are correct. It was Whatthehell I was bantering back in forth with on draft day. My apologies.

Louis Nix a 330 pound Defensive Tackle was there. With injuries and lack of production we're thin here. And I really have a huge problem getting THE Safety that Auburn torched on the ground (San Fran does this well) in the Iron Bowl.
This was posted after the pick.

Not to toot my own, but I responded that the Packers would pass on him in the 2nd as well. I then predicted he would go in the mid 3rd. I think the Packers would have only taken him in the 4th round. I doubt he amounts to much in the NFL.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait did Mn grab a qb in the first round other than Teddy Bridgewater? Who is this franchise quarterback of whom you speak?

Bridgewater was IMO the #2 or #1 QB in the draft. Depending on if bortles pans out. He's a good QB and the Vikes sadly saw that. Wish they would have targeted Manziel. I think bridgewater IF he starts the whole season is in the running for rookie of the year and Greg Jennings goes back to his packer state. With a good QB throwing him the ball, he may be a pro bowl candidate again. Unless they still run the legs off Peterson at his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Vikings will be a lot better than a lot of you guys are anticipating. They have weapons for whoever the qb is. Can't over look them because of what they did last yr...it's a new season. Even with no QB in the past AP still kills us so take that into account.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not being negative at all dude. All I'm saying is the Lions had a stellar draft and we basically got two guys I've never heard of. The game isn't played on paper but they will challenge us. On a positive note the first time we play we should be at full strength as it's early in the season! Can't say the same about the 2nd game knowing our history.

Again that's just your opinion...many analysts believe we had the superior draft among the division.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Bridgewater was IMO the #2 or #1 QB in the draft. Depending on if bortles pans out. He's a good QB and the Vikes sadly saw that. Wish they would have targeted Manziel. I think bridgewater IF he starts the whole season is in the running for rookie of the year and Greg Jennings goes back to his packer state. With a good QB throwing him the ball, he may be a pro bowl candidate again. Unless they still run the legs off Peterson at his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like you said, that is just your opinion. Bridgewater clearly was NOT even close to the best. He put on a limp wristed showing at his pro-day. He used the excuse "I had a bad day", already starting with the excuses does not look good. I think it was the pressure of that day that got to him.....wonder if he will have more pressure than a pro day in the NFL...??
The only thing that may save him is mobility, he may make some plays with his legs, but once he takes a few good shots (RGIII), he will stop that running crap. His passes were not crisp, he was off target, He could barley generate a spiral on the ball ( duck bombs), he got confused about direction (because "left" and "right" are difficult). He will be the prototypical bust, just watch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just like you said, that is just your opinion. Bridgewater clearly was NOT even close to the best. He put on a limp wristed showing at his pro-day. He used the excuse "I had a bad day", already starting with the excuses does not look good. I think it was the pressure of that day that got to him.....wonder if he will have more pressure than a pro day in the NFL...??
The only thing that may save him is mobility, he may make some plays with his legs, but once he takes a few good shots (RGIII), he will stop that running crap. His passes were not crisp, he was off target, He could barley generate a spiral on the ball ( duck bombs), he got confused about direction (because "left" and "right" are difficult). He will be the prototypical bust, just watch.

I think Bridgewater is probably the only guy in the league who is frustrated the Metrodome isn´t there anymore. I don´t think he´ll be succesful playing outside in Minnesota over the next two seasons. While his stats looked great at Louisville but were padded by operating in a system that relies heavily on short, lateral passes. In addition Bridgewater won´t make a lot of plays with his legs in the NFL.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Lions have a lot of talent, if they´re capable of playing disciplined over an entire season they could challenge the Packers.
I've been watching pro football since 1963 and not once have I ever considered Lions and disciplined football synonymous. Could that change? Yes, but looking at the character of the players alone, I think they still have some work to do.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
On the most recent Sidelines show, Jason Wilde said his buddy who works for ESPN in Cleveland has a reliable source who said the Browns had Bridgewater on their card ready to submit at pick #22 when the owner insisted Manziel be the choice. And he was rewarded with more than 2,300 season tickets sold within 24 hours according to the team president. And Manziel jerseys were the number seller after the draft, too. If this is true, the question of course is long-term did the owner do the team and himself any favors.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lions have destroyed us in the draft thus far stop hating on their picks. Their fans should be excited. In Green Bay I hear crickets. Never even heard of two of these guys.[/quote
lions have destroyed us in the draft thus far stop hating on their picks. Their fans should be excited. In Green Bay I hear crickets. Never even heard of two of these guys.

I agree with you. Before they draft anyone, they should ask themselves "Wait, are we sure that that whiny guy from Canton has heard of this guy?!?!" I'm sure you'd heard of Nick Collins and Josh Sitton and Jordy Nelson and okayed those picks, right? After all, if some amateur who trolls the internet looking at mock drafts for a few months after the super bowl doesn't know how to build a team, then no one does!

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the most recent Sidelines show, Jason Wilde said his buddy who works for ESPN in Cleveland has a reliable source who said the Browns had Bridgewater on their card ready to submit at pick #22 when the owner insisted Manziel be the choice. And he was rewarded with more than 2,300 season tickets sold within 24 hours according to the team president. And Manziel jerseys were the number seller after the draft, too. If this is true, the question of course is long-term did the owner do the team and himself any favors.

This is interesting. Here is the story I heard. Manziel texted the Browns staff to draft him. Seemed odd to me when I first heard it.

M

melvin2345

Just want to say real quick, the Packer forum has some of the most reasonable members when compared to the other NFCN forums. This coming from a 20+ year Lions fan. I lurk all 4 teams forums, and you guys, as a whole, are really the only ones who take time to actually learn about the other teams and make comments based on reality instead of just chanting "Our team rules, everyone else sucks!".

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just want to say real quick, the Packer forum has some of the most reasonable members when compared to the other NFCN forums. This coming from a 20+ year Lions fan. I lurk all 4 teams forums, and you guys, as a whole, are really the only ones who take time to actually learn about the other teams and make comments based on reality instead of just chanting "Our team rules, everyone else sucks!".
Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks!
Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks!
Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Our team rules, everyone else sucks! Especially the Detroit ***** cats and midgets of the midway. A special hatred out to our SB52 hosts to the west.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lions- I absolutely love Ebron, he was the last person I wanted Detroit to get because I wanted him! We don't have a single backer who can cover him. I expect a shoot out in both games and I Hope this pass rush is a factor. Great pick IMO and I'm speaking from a fan of football and not hating because I'm a Packers fan and they are the Lions like some of you will.

Vikings- Anthony Barr was one of my favorite defenders in the draft. He's a freak athlete and will bring athleticism to their defense which lacks it. I think he will have about 5 sacks but still be a bit raw in pass coverage . He could be very good in a couple yrs and reminds me of Kendrick's from Philadelphia who I wanted last year.
Lions-That coveted TE3 position.
Vikings-Don't like Barr's fit in a 43. Also, comparing Barr to Kendricks? No wonder I have you on ignore.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lions-That coveted TE3 position.
Vikings-Don't like Barr's fit in a 43. Also, comparing Barr to Kendricks? No wonder I have you on ignore.

I think Ebron will be a huge addition to the Lions passing game, not sure what makes you discredit the TE position.

I agree with you on Barr not being a great fit for a 4-3 defense. The pick was especially strange as there are way more 4-3 DE coming out of college, there´s no need to draft a 3-4 OLB and move him around.

M

melvin2345

I think Ebron will be a huge addition to the Lions passing game, not sure what makes you discredit the TE position.

Last year Detroit lost 6 games by 4 or less points. The average of their 9 losses was by 5.8 points per game. I can understand why they have made the moves that they did. Adding Golden Tate takes some pressure off of Calvin Johnson. Adding Ebron will spread out defenses even further, especially since he plays more like a slot receiver than a TE. For the most part, the defense was good enough to keep them close, so if they can improve the offense, that might be enough to get a few more wins. Put simply, convert 1 possession from each loss last year from a turnover into a TD, and they are 13-3 instead of 7-9.

That, however, was last year. I can only hope Caldwell and the new coordinators bring some discipline and a stronger focus on fundamentals to the team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Detroit lost 6 games by 4 or less points. The average of their 9 losses was by 5.8 points per game. I can understand why they have made the moves that they did. Adding Golden Tate takes some pressure off of Calvin Johnson. Adding Ebron will spread out defenses even further, especially since he plays more like a slot receiver than a TE. For the most part, the defense was good enough to keep them close, so if they can improve the offense, that might be enough to get a few more wins. Put simply, convert 1 possession from each loss last year from a turnover into a TD, and they are 13-3 instead of 7-9.

That, however, was last year. I can only hope Caldwell and the new coordinators bring some discipline and a stronger focus on fundamentals to the team.
Things are definitely on the upswing for the Lions. Hate to see it, I miss Matt Millen. I think Ebron could be the best TE in football in a few years - he has some amazing talent. Pairing him with Calvin will be difficult for defenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts