An update on Jim Bates

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Yeah, the Packers could have hired **** Jauron. He was an alright assistant for the Packers but got ruined when he went to......hmmmm.....oh, yeah Chicago. He lost there, he tried to do the 'interim' thing in Detroit and lost there, now he's going to Buffalo to lose there.

Would he have been a better choice than McCarthy?

Jesus Christ you guys are so blinded by balls in your face you can't read anymore. Where did I say MM was the wrong man for the job? Where did I say you shouldn't get a chance because you've never been a headcoach.

digs said to look at the man's record and I did. He has an average record at best as OC and none as head coach. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have a shot if TT thinks he's right for the job.

Do you guys follow TT around the grocery store to make sure he doesn't slip on a banana peel?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither did he have the talent to reach those heights...as did Holmgren. Kinda like going to a cake baking contest and wondering why the mud pie didn't win the ribbon over Grandma's delicious spice cake made from scratch.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Neither did he have the talent to reach those heights...as did Holmgren. Kinda like going to a cake baking contest and wondering why the mud pie didn't win the ribbon over Grandma's delicious spice cake made from scratch.

Who are you.....Keith Jackson? Whoa Nellie :lol: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I thought a hamster in a wheel was bored.

Zero....I started laughing my **** off when I read this but then I realized I don't know what it means :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to get off this damn computer!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
I thought a hamster in a wheel was bored.

Zero....I started laughing my **** off when I read this but then I realized I don't know what it means :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to get off this damn computer!

Us = Hamster
Computer = Wheel

:)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
De

All I asked you was if you thought this thread would turn into an age argument or general manager argument. You're the one that twists everything into me accusing you of picking TT.

As for your blow up doll comment, well whatever, I guess that's just your way! It's unacceptable, but since you are a NFL commissioner, us less seasoned poster have to accept the abuse.

Carry on De - it's all good!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that DePack has sprouted a man-gina....he gets kinda cranky a few days here and there each month.

Biotch!! LOL

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Bates was confident that his interview went well enough that the job would be his. He thought he was the top candidate going in and he thought his interview was great. He thought he had the job. Thompson didn't treat him bad. Thompson just hired another guy. I still don't get choosing McCarthy over Bates. McCarthy is slowly winning me over with his attitude and his approach but Bates already had my respect.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Jim Bates was confident that his interview went well enough that the job would be his. He thought he was the top candidate going in and he thought his interview was great. He thought he had the job. Thompson didn't treat him bad. Thompson just hired another guy. I still don't get choosing McCarthy over Bates. McCarthy is slowly winning me over with his attitude and his approach but Bates already had my respect.

Agreed.

Another voice with a logical tone!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Now that DePack has sprouted a man-gina....he gets kinda cranky a few days here and there each month.

Biotch!! LOL

You got that right. I am in one pissy mood. Can't get projects out the door. Clients use me as their personal bank....extending their own line of credit and yesterday I found out I need to replace my entire HVAC system and hotwater heater in my home. Add that on top of paying 80 grand in tuition this year and my man-gina is in constant need of ****-pads.

That's right. I'm not ashamed to admit it :oops:

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
digsthepack said:

Biotch!! LOL

You got that right. I am in one pissy mood. Can't get projects out the door. Clients use me as their personal bank....extending their own line of credit and yesterday I found out I need to replace my entire HVAC system and hotwater heater in my home. Add that on top of paying 80 grand in tuition this year and my man-gina is in constant need of ****-pads.

That's right. I'm not ashamed to admit it oops

That's why you're the best De.

80K in tuition? How many kids are in college?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
digsthepack said:

Biotch!! LOL

Two for this year only.....my daughter will be a senior at ND and my son will be a freshman at Gettysburg.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
digsthepack said:

Biotch!! LOL

Two for this year only.....my daughter will be a senior at ND and my son will be a freshman at Gettysburg.
Hopefully they take care of you when your old!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Zero2Cool said:
How did Ted Thompson treat Jim Bates wrong?

I liked Jim a lot. I wanted Jim Bates for HC very very strongly, but I understand some men are not built for HC and are best suited for DC/OC positions. I believe Fritz Shurmur and Jim Bates fall into that category.

Jim's intensity was awesome to see and I bet even better to witness first hand.

With that said, I can't fault Ted for hiring who he thought would be the best HC for the Packers.

The Dolphines seemed to think the same way, when they took Nick Saban instead of Jim Bates for HC, even though they knew his abilities as HC (at least particularly).

good(correct) stuff, you two! I am glad I didnt have to say anything, or I woulda been labeled a TT loving excuse maker.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
bavpb said:
Zero2Cool said:
How did Ted Thompson treat Jim Bates wrong?

I liked Jim a lot. I wanted Jim Bates for HC very very strongly, but I understand some men are not built for HC and are best suited for DC/OC positions. I believe Fritz Shurmur and Jim Bates fall into that category.

Jim's intensity was awesome to see and I bet even better to witness first hand.

With that said, I can't fault Ted for hiring who he thought would be the best HC for the Packers.

The Dolphines seemed to think the same way, when they took Nick Saban instead of Jim Bates for HC, even though they knew his abilities as HC (at least particularly).

good(correct) stuff, you two! I am glad I didnt have to say anything, or I woulda been labeled a TT loving excuse maker.

To be devil's advocate, how do you know that MM isn't one of those guys and how do you know that Jim Bates is?

BTW....you're already labeled!! :wink:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every GM has a feel for the guy they want. The great gm's hire outstanding people because it's part of what makes them great. They not only recognize great talent, they attract it. Only time will tell whether Jim Bates would have been the better choice over Mike McCarthy. As with everything else with TT, I'm on a "wait and see" mode right now. It's too early to tell where this franchise is going or how good it's going to be.

I did like Jim Bates though and would not have minded it if he would have been chosen as the head coach.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Every GM has a feel for the guy they want. The great gm's hire outstanding people because it's part of what makes them great. They not only recognize great talent, they attract it. Only time will tell whether Jim Bates would have been the better choice over Mike McCarthy. As with everything else with TT, I'm on a "wait and see" mode right now. It's too early to tell where this franchise is going or how good it's going to be.

I did like Jim Bates though and would not have minded it if he would have been chosen as the head coach.

Hear hear!!!!! I actually think MM will be a great headcoach for us but that's just a gut feeling.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy strikes me as a fellow who will not suffer fools gladly, and will demand your bes every time you set foot on the field, be it practice or a game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

Time won't tell because if Jim would have been better regardless of how poor our record is the next three seasons, no one can accurately say Jim would have been better than McCarthy.

We won't ever know. All we can do is wonder how good Bates would have been in the same position McCarthy is in and hope McCarthy gets us a few SB rings in the next couple years. NO PRESSURE :)

Members online

Latest posts