An Opposition's View

falconfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys tough loss last week I really want you to beat the Succaneers, but it seems like it is the right time to play you considering your injury situation so with that said

I was Just looking for some people to answer a few questons to report back to the falcons board

1) What will the outcome of the game be?
2) Which player should we fear most?
3) Which player do you fear most?
4) What record do you think you will finish with this season?
5) What record do you think Atlanta will finish with this season?
6) Considering you have now seen Rodgres play 3 and abit games have his performance's been good enough for the packers not pick up a vetran backup?

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take a shot.

1)Packers 13-10 without Rodgers...23-10 with him.
2)Greg Jennings with Rodgers....Grant without him
Defense...The only guy making plays for us now.....Charles Woodson
3) Abraham on D....Turner on O
4) 6-10
5) 5-11
6) Absolutely not. It was irresponsible and arrogant of our GM not to get some kind of insurance.

But be careful on this site.....apparently the GM is off limits with some of these guys!

Packerbacker87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think too many Pack fans "love" Ted Thompson at this point. The support that he generates is mainly due to our loyalty to the franchise, and not necessarily him. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other team in the NFL that doesn't have some sort of veteran QB either starting or on backup. While I do believe that Rodgers is the team's future (especially if we see the Rodgers of games 1 and 2 more often)...it is foolish to have absolutely no depth behind him. However, even before the season began, I thought that the Packers would have a successful season if they went 8-8 with Rodger's first year as QB. Now, it seems like it's going to be a struggle to get to that record with the schedule that they have, and the injuries that they've been faced with. However, it is still EARLY in the season, and the Pack can still rebound.

P.S. We also have to remember that the Pack went 8-8 two years ago, and 4-12 the year before that...with Favre as QB and a similar team to what they have now. Anything can happen.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3 with the youngest team in the NFL to 8-8 at best? Somebody has to go.

Don't want to get offtrack. What do you think of my answers to Falconfan?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6) Considering you have now seen Rodgres play 3 and abit games have his performance's been good enough for the packers not pick up a vetran backup?

1) 21-17 Packer with Aaron 17-3 without.
2) Jennings.
3) Turner
4) 9-7 If Aaron only misses one game.
5) I think the same is a possibility.
6) Should have had one a long time ago.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
falconfan said:
Hey guys tough loss last week I really want you to beat the Succaneers, but it seems like it is the right time to play you considering your injury situation so with that said

I was Just looking for some people to answer a few questons to report back to the falcons board

Finally got a respectful opposition on here. damn cowboy fans were about to drive me crazy that week.

1) With all the injuries I still believe the pack pulls this one out at home 27-17
2) Id fear Donald Driver this week. All the talk about how Jennings has done and Driver has been quite with not getting much luck going his way. So fear driver and watch our for the YAC because he is the best of the best.
3) Would have to say Abraham. loved the trade getting him although has had bad luck with injuries. Can't forget Turner and Roddy White either. Roddy White quietly going about his business as being a solid receiver.
4) 10-6 long as no more serious injuries take place
5) Looking at their schedule scares me. That is CRAZY STRONG! Although future looks bright I'm gonna have to say 6-10
6) Not even gonna get involved in this question. At this point even after I disagree with a lot that has gone on recently I'm gonna have to just have to say if they fell Flynn and or Brohm can get the job done then I believe them. Yea they have not looked good but how do we not know that they wouldn't step in and get the job done? we don't and until that happens I'm gonna have to side with them. Rodgers play no doubt has been good. Just has to keep learning and doing a better job of knowing whats coming at him on blitzes and call out the adjustments.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your lucky im a huge Falcon Fan also, born in Atlanta.
But my football life was in GB, gotta support the Pack in this one.
24-21 Packers
Greg Jennings, he is the #1 reciever in the NFL and has played consistent against tough opponents. Atlanta's secondary is horrid so a double team there might be helpful.
John Abraham, tearing it up this year with 6 sacks, will be interesting with the Packers OL a mess.
10-7, if were lucky
8-8, I think it clicks for Matt Ryan 2nd half of the season.
6) Considering you have now seen Rodgers play 3 and a bit games have his performance's been good enough for the packers not pick up a veteran backup?
Its all coaching, He needs to try and not when the pressure collapses, throw it away. I dont think we will need any veteran especially with the quality on the market now, this question should have been asked 4 months ago when guys were available.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
Gbstock
Your right on. 13-3 to 8-8 is criminal and should not be overlooked

I disagree. In the current NFL it is VERY difficult to consistently win 10 or more games every year, only a few teams have done it recently. Indy did with peyton I think, but with Rodgers having so few starts, a few setbacks had to be expected.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
angryguy77 said:
Gbstock

I disagree. In the current NFL it is VERY difficult to consistently win 10 or more games every year, only a few teams have done it recently. Indy did with peyton I think, but with Rodgers having so few starts, a few setbacks had to be expected.

I think the "criminal" point in veretax's post was that it didn't have to be Rodgers.

Sorry, I meant angryguy's post!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBstock said:
Veretax said:
angryguy77 said:
Gbstock

I think the "criminal" point in veretax's post was that it didn't have to be Rodgers.

Sorry, I meant angryguy's post!

Right, we could have had ____FILL___IN____THE____BLANK___QB___ and still would have the same record. I'm not sure this is Rodgers fault, or even Thompson's fault, its a matter of statistical trends I think.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it. But if we DID have __ Fill__ in ___the___ Favre___QB___ ,the rest of the season would look brighter.

Members online

Latest posts