An observation/prediction

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so due to injury and decent play 2 of my predictions have come to fruition so far. We have Corey Linsley starting in week 1 against Seattle, and Jeff Janis is more than likely making the team. With that in mind I'm going to make another slightly less bold prediction.

With the Packers having to go down to 53 by tomorrow, and with no swing O-Lineman after Barclay and now Taylor have gone down, I believe they'll go down to 52, and maybe even 51. If they go to 52 they'll try to pick up an experienced backup that can play multiple positions on the O-Line. This is the more likely of the scenarios. IF they go down to 51, I think they'll also try to upgrade at the tight end position because I think once you get past Bostick who is hurt and Rodgers who is probably going to start there isn't much meat at this position.

What are your thoughts?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ok so due to injury and decent play 2 of my predictions have come to fruition so far. We have Corey Linsley starting in week 1 against Seattle, and Jeff Janis is more than likely making the team. With that in mind I'm going to make another slightly less bold prediction.

With the Packers having to go down to 53 by tomorrow, and with no swing O-Lineman after Barclay and now Taylor have gone down, I believe they'll go down to 52, and maybe even 51. If they go to 52 they'll try to pick up an experienced backup that can play multiple positions on the O-Line. This is the more likely of the scenarios. IF they go down to 51, I think they'll also try to upgrade at the tight end position because I think once you get past Bostick who is hurt and Rodgers who is probably going to start there isn't much meat at this position.

What are your thoughts?

Ask yourself this question ? Would TT actually make such a bold move ? Answer honestly and you answer your question . :tdown:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

What are your thoughts?
Maybe trade the 3rd QB? Doubt your scenarios though. Possibly when Tretter returns, an extra OL is cut loose and then maybe someone else comes in.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Maybe trade the 3rd QB? Doubt your scenarios though. Possibly when Tretter returns, an extra OL is cut loose and then maybe someone else comes in.

Ask yourself this question ? Would TT actually make such a bold move ? Answer honestly and you answer your question .:tdown:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Ask yourself this question ? Would TT actually make such a bold move ? Answer honestly and you answer your question .:tdown:
Yes he would.
A}
If he perceives a need and
B}
his trading price is met and
C}
he feels that it is a clear upgrade to what is on the roster and
D}the cap hit is tolerable.
Will he? I doubt it as those 4 conditions are hard to meet in his mind. C is probably the biggest hurdle as he feels he can always find better and with B his value of other talent is usually below the sellers.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josina Anderson from ESPN reported that OL Adam Gettis, cut by Washington, is coming to GB tomorrow for a workout.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask yourself this question: Has TT already had a history of making bold moves? Answer honestly and you will realize why your post misses your intended mark.

Latest posts