An Introduction from Chicocheese.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello! I recently came across this forum for the first time in my 24 year (12 as a Packers fan.) life. I was looking for Super Bowl XXXI on DVD and google pulled this page up. I was simply stoked upon finding it, and decided I just HAD to join!

A little about me: I am from, and currently living in Chico,CA. You may recognize the city from the pregame for Super Bowl XLV...Aaron Rodgers went to my rival Highschool =D I started going to Chico High in 2001, and graduated in '04. When Aaron was drafted I was simply floored! I mean, what are the odds of a guy roughly your age, from your home town being drafted by your favorite football team? I have been a Packers fan since I knew that football was and how to understand it. About 10-11 years old. Based on where I live I guess I should be a Niners or Raiders fan, but I just never was. Maybe it was because EVERYONE here is, and I was just a contrarian. I don't know but I just choose the Packers and stuck with it. I wish I was from Wisconsin =P

Needless to say most of Chico now routes for the Packers/Rodgers. Kind of ****** me off to see everyone hop on the bandwagon whereas I was getting all kinds of boos and hisses for about a decade for being a Packer fan...but hey now I get to see every Packer game in the season instead of maybe 4-5 like it used to be =D Nice little bonus!

I still wear my Brett Favre jersey, and I wear it with pride. No, I don't hate the guy, just sort of disappointed. Yes, I am a Aaron Rodgers fan! A big one! Clay Matthews and ol' Donny D are some of my other favorites, but the team in general is my primary love.

I just want you all to know who this "Chicocheese" guy is, and what he stands for when you see me posting in your threads, sharing my thoughts.

Thank your for taking time to read about me!

--Robby.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Robby.
That's all good, but really, you should part with the Favre jersey.
Send it to some 3rd world country where they need clothing, or use it to start a bonfire.

In my opinion, Favre went to the dark side, and until he asks for forgiveness, he is not forgiven.
Plus he was an a*shole with a capital A to Aaron.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
It would be hard for me not to find Aaron Rodgers' house in the offseason if I were you. Out of respect for his privacy I think I would be able to contain myself though.

Welcome to the forum.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Only thing I knew about Chico was when I went to college in San Frandisco I heard the school in Chico was a big party town.

I wish I was from Wisconsin
Spend a winter here and you may change your tune.

I'm used to it.
We have a joke that there are only two seasons in Wisconsin.
Winter season.
And construction season.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even sure that he still lives here. I would assume he lives in Wisconsin due to practice and games and all that. I could be wrong...and the thought never really crossed my mind until now so thanks, dbain!

Also, as much as Favre was a total d-bag to Aaron and **** teased us every other year about retirement you have to admitt he did some awesome things. But, I am sure this has been debated for a long time and will be for a while yet.

I give all my respect to Aaron, and I have all the confidence in the world in him. HE. IS. MY. QB. I knew last year we got robbed against the Cardinals. There were some bogus penalties and some penalties that never got called. Larry Fitzgerald might have well just brought a gun on the field and shot our defense he committed OPI so many damn times....I guess my point here is that I think we could have gone all the way last year if not to the NFC championship at the very least. This year we got what we long deserved.

Ok, I've gotten off on a tangent. Thanks for the welcome! Let's dominate next year!!!!!! *if there is a next year.*

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I'm used to it.
We have a joke that there are only two seasons in Wisconsin.
Winter season.
And construction season.

We've got the same joke up here in Manitoba. Big reason why I relate to Wisconsinites (if that's the correct term?) !

I wanna go to a Packer game in January!

Damn that's rude of me, ALSO...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :happy0005:

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My name is Jamie, im also 24 and have also been a fan for roughly 12 years. I was born and raised in England and had my relatives (from Wisconsin) always sending me Green Bay toys and even a Farve Jersey. I still claim i was probably the only guy in England with a Farve jersey back then haha.

I live in Oregon now and have watched every minute of every Packer game for probably 4/5 years now and boy has this season been a rollercoaster.

So proud of the way the boys ended the season and my GF surprised me with a #52 jersey today so im giddy like a schoolgirl.

Much love to all Cheeseheads,

Jamie

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly I never did meet Aaron Rodgers. By the time I was driving and had some freedom he was a Golden Bear. I hope that he comes back home sometime soon and there is some sort of event where I can get a jersey signed or something =D

Members online

Latest posts