1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

An AADP special report... Stay off the Toliet..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    :lol:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...ostviewed.woman_on_toilet_attacked_by_rat.php

Woman on toilet attacked by rat

A disabled woman in Deptford was horrified after being bitten by a rat which came up through her toilet while she was sitting on it.

Maxine Killingback, who lives on her own, jumped up in shock when she felt the rat bite the top of her leg and fell over onto the floor, hurting her back.

After drowning the rat herself using a plunger and barricading the toilet to stop other rats which were trying to get out, she phoned Greenwich Council only to be told she would have to wait three weeks for them to come and sort out the problem.

The 55 year-old, from Armada Court, Creek Road, Deptford, was too afraid to go back in the bathroom and fled the flat to stay with her partner in Woolwich following the incident on March 17.

She said: "You don't expect to sit down to spend a penny and be bitten by a rat.

"It just felt like someone had put a needle in me.

"When I jumped up it seemed to still have a hold on me."

Ms Killingback, who has rheumatism in her legs and back, said the rat was still trying to get out of the toilet after she fell on the floor.

She tried flushing the toilet chain twice but the creature came back each time.

Ms Killingback said: "It was a big, black one, seven or eight inches long.

"It was trying to climb up but it kept sliding back down. I put a plunger down the toilet but it kept trying to get out."

Ms Killingback, who says she has a nervous disposition, then jammed a bleach bottle next to the plunger and kept it there until the rat had drowned.

She said: "Then there were more coming up, I could see their noses poking through the gap.

"I just put two big boxes of washing powder and other things on top of the toilet to block it and shut the bathroom door.

"I've never known anything like it.

"My next door neighbour came in to verify what had happened because I thought I was going mad."

Ms Killingback phoned the council but was told it was not an emergency and she would have to wait.

She said: "I didn't know what had hit me I really didn't. I'm so upset."

After returning to the flat last night (March 18) Ms Killingback says she has already seen three rats in the kitchen.

She said: "I'm petrified and I don't know what to do. I can't wait three weeks can I?"

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's a miracle!

This is especially alarming for AADP because he sits down to pee.

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    :shock: :lol:

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Congrats Trom!!!

It is a rare occasion that I literally laugh out loud when by myself, but you made me do that with your zinger!

5. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I agree.. well played..

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Could be nominated for "zinger" of the year.

7. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  8. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you just can't get any better!

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank god she wasnt a guy hanging a rope for them to climb!!

10. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Were the rats wearing scuba gear or what?!?!?

[​IMG]

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this is gonna end up being one of those threads...thats awesome.

[​IMG]

AADP is going to have nightmares.

12. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    LOL... I didn't see that picture in the search.. awwwww. AADP will be pinching it off for a week to avoid the toilette.. :rotflmao:

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats NOT a rat.
    That picture must have been taken at Montana Bob's house.........thats a SQUIRREL!!! :wink:

14. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoa there.....I know the difference between rats and squirrels. Rats have long tails and beady eyes and ears that stick up, and squirrels have long tails and..............aww, sh_ _!

Cheesey, stop messing with me. I'm old and senile and I can get angry pretty darn easily. If I could only remember what I'm getting angry at.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I used to squirrel hunt. I would get a mess of them, and slow cook them and make a stew. One night i was making squirrel stew, and my wife asked me "That smells good. What is it?" I said "Tree Rat stew!"
    (She was SOOOO mad at me!!!)
    Bob....looks like the squirrels at your place gave up on the old fireplace to gain entrance........now they are making a water assualt!
    (It will just wait there, until it sees some nuts, and then go for them!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (OH....i'm SOOOO BAD!!!) :wink: :D

16. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I downloaded a free GIF editor.. so I thought I would play around a little.. need some more work.. but here is a "first" compilation..

[​IMG]

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

LOL thats awesome!

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "RATS!" (get it?)
    I wish i knew how to do that!!
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    So do I, :lol:

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i love this thread

21. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You laugh, you heartless people.

I'm telling you, if your homes ever become rat infested then you'll see how those things torment you.

It's actually kinda funny you'd post this article at this time Pack93z, we recently had a rat that ran into the bathroom. Had to set traps at the door, and eventually caught that little sucker.

Fortunately there aren't nearly as many rats in the apt. as there used to be. VICTORY HAS BEEN MINE!!!!! :twisted:

But yeah, back to the main point: why must you insist on making me cry and shutter in sheer terror?

22. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    The other pics of rats coming out of the toilet made me cringe, but this one was funny, good stuff.

In reality, that's probably how I do react when I see rats. No joking, those things friggin creep/scare me to no end.

23. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    When I first bought my current house it was in foreclosure and hadn't been lived in for about 2 years.. it was cheap and had a good turnaround potential.

In the process of remodeling the house, I was under the house redoing some of the supports and ripped out a beam.. out comes this pissed off rats... with nothing other than my hammer I defended myself... the claws on a rip hammer are deadly let me tell you.. scared the crap out of me when the friggin thing came diving out of the space.. But I got the last laugh..

AADP.. I couldn't live there.. mice are bad enough and I trap them every fall in the garage.. couldn't live with them in the dwelling... nope it would be trap city. :lol:

24. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0

:|

Thanks for the story Pack93z, you really know how to comfort a guy.

:twitch:

25. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    LOL... well if it helps, I buried the thing in the new concrete footers.. :p

Is the rat problem in Toronto that bad or does your building just have the problem?

I have a friend that basically passes out at the sight of snakes.. so for hunting season one year a couple of the guys put a mechanical snake in his bunk.. classic terror.. see it could be worse. :twisted: