AmishMafia - Final mock

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Shea McClellin OLB Boise, 6'3", 260. Want, in order: Brockers, Upshaw, Cox, Gilmore, Mercilus - but I think all these guys are gone. I like SHea, sounds like a great kid who is interested in being great, and he has the physical tools. Lets see what he can do. Other options on the same level: Reyes, Still, Jones, Perry, and Sanu - if Shea is gone.
Derek Wolfe, 5T Cincinnati, 6-5 1/8, 295 - Late bloomer who showed significantly developed last season. He may develop even further to become an impressive force.
Mike Martin, 5T/NT Michigan 6-1 3/8, 306, Strong hard nosed brawler. He's going to have to learn more technique to be more effective. He impressed at the Senior Bowl and I think that means something to TT.
4a.
Nate Potter OT/G Boise State 6'6" 298 : Perhaps one of the most improved college players over last season. And I think that also means something to TT. He wasn't good at start of the season but had progressed to a point where he was. Kind of projecting that he is just developing now and will continue to improve. Can play inside or out. Has frame to put on some more weight.
4b.
Brandon Hardin S Oregon State 6'3" 217 pounds Amazing athlete, missed last season with an injured shoulder. If he checks out, he can be a great pick at this point in the draft. Was thought to be a 2nd rounder before the injury.
4c.
Chris Greenwood, CB Albion 6'1" 210 4.43 - 43" veritcal! Long shot here. Very raw but an amazing athlete. If he can get up to speed, he can contribute at some point. Seems like a great kid also.
Lennon Creer RB 6'0" 215 Louisiana Tech Might not be available here - but there are a bunch of RBs in his class in this draft class, a few of them should be available here
Lucas Nix OT 6'5" 315 Pittsburgh. As a fellow Pittsburgh guy, MM will appreciate bringing in this hard working big fella and hoping he develops
7b.
Jacory Harris QB Miami 6'4" 200. Jacory hits the jackpot and gets to be the Packer Backup aka: QB Starter Prep School.
7b.
DeQuan Menzie CB 5'11" 202 Alabama - overshadowed by his teammate, DeQuan did a great job.
7c.
Chris Galippo ILB 6'1" 241 USC Need some depth there in a year or 2.
7d.
Ryan Houston FB 6'2" North Carolina. We are very short at FB. The logic is obvious - 3 FBs on roster - Superbowl. 1 FB on roster - One and done in playoffs.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding your first pick, I'm starting to lean back toward Nick Perry after a while. Perry had the fastest time of any OLB at the Combine and is recognized by most as a great potential pass rusher.

He dropped out because he was labeled as a tweener and not quick enough for OLB and too small for DE in a 3-4, but I have heard more reports contradicting the idea that he won't or can't make a smooth transition to OLB in a 3-4. After Mercilus and Upshaw, I would put Perry ahead of McClellan as a pick.

McClellan is starting to get overhyped whereas Perry has been underhyped for weeks now.

Your other picks rounds 2-5 look pretty intriguing. I like Wolfe in round 2.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the hype is a media thing. I don't thing GMs move much on their opinions. But it is probably true that the media hype is based on leaks from front offices. I recall TT saying that he watches game tape and arranges his board, changes it based on combine and pro day, watches more tape, and puts the board back to where it was to begin with.

This is a very tough pick, toughest since TT has been here. There are a dozen players that represent BPA and are at positions of need.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Shea McClellin OLB Boise, 6'3", 260. Want, in order: Brockers, Upshaw, Cox, Gilmore, Mercilus - but I think all these guys are gone. I like SHea, sounds like a great kid who is interested in being great, and he has the physical tools. Lets see what he can do. Other options on the same level: Reyes, Still, Jones, Perry, and Sanu - if Shea is gone.
2. Derek Wolfe, 5T Cincinnati, 6-5 1/8, 295 - Late bloomer who showed significantly developed last season. He may develop even further to become an impressive force.
3. Mike Martin, 5T/NT Michigan 6-1 3/8, 306, Strong hard nosed brawler. He's going to have to learn more technique to be more effective. He impressed at the Senior Bowl and I think that means something to TT.
4a.Nate Potter OT/G Boise State 6'6" 298 : Perhaps one of the most improved college players over last season. And I think that also means something to TT. He wasn't good at start of the season but had progressed to a point where he was. Kind of projecting that he is just developing now and will continue to improve. Can play inside or out. Has frame to put on some more weight.
4b. Brandon Hardin S Oregon State 6'3" 217 poundsAmazing athlete, missed last season with an injured shoulder. If he checks out, he can be a great pick at this point in the draft. Was thought to be a 2nd rounder before the injury.
4c. Chris Greenwood, CB Albion 6'1" 210 4.43 - 43" veritcal! Long shot here. Very raw but an amazing athlete. If he can get up to speed, he can contribute at some point. Seems like a great kid also.
5. Lennon Creer RB 6'0" 215 Louisiana Tech Might not be available here - but there are a bunch of RBs in his class in this draft class, a few of them should be available here
6. Lucas Nix OT 6'5" 315 Pittsburgh. As a fellow Pittsburgh guy, MM will appreciate bringing in this hard working big fella and hoping he develops
7b. Jacory Harris QB Miami 6'4" 200. Jacory hits the jackpot and gets to be the Packer Backup aka: QB Starter Prep School.
7b. DeQuan Menzie CB 5'11" 202 Alabama - overshadowed by his teammate, DeQuan did a great job.
7c. Chris Galippo ILB 6'1" 241 USC Need some depth there in a year or 2.
7d.Ryan Houston FB 6'2" North Carolina. We are very short at FB. The logic is obvious - 3 FBs on roster - Superbowl. 1 FB on roster - One and done in playoffs.
Absolutely love the first 3 picks to bolster the sick, pathetic pass rush. That alone would make the coverages look a lot better.
Harris, Greenwood, Menzie all have the ideal size to become assets in the DBackfield.
Greenwood could turn out to be a stud.

I'd pay money to make this draft come true.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do. I think Crick is a good player, but he is too small and will have to bulk up with some muscle before he has an impact. Then he has more injury concerns than Wolfe. Wolfe is ready to go now and his upside is slightly better, but they are very comparable.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
2. Derek Wolfe, 5T Cincinnati, 6-5 1/8, 295 - Late bloomer who showed significantly developed last season. He may develop even further to become an impressive force.
3. Mike Martin, 5T/NT Michigan 6-1 3/8, 306, Strong hard nosed brawler. He's going to have to learn more technique to be more effective. He impressed at the Senior Bowl and I think that means something to TT.
4a.Nate Potter OT/G Boise State 6'6" 298 : Perhaps one of the most improved college players over last season. And I think that also means something to TT. He wasn't good at start of the season but had progressed to a point where he was. Kind of projecting that he is just developing now and will continue to improve. Can play inside or out. Has frame to put on some more weight.
4b. Brandon Hardin S Oregon State 6'3" 217 poundsAmazing athlete, missed last season with an injured shoulder. If he checks out, he can be a great pick at this point in the draft. Was thought to be a 2nd rounder before the injury.
4c. Chris Greenwood, CB Albion 6'1" 210 4.43 - 43" veritcal! Long shot here. Very raw but an amazing athlete. If he can get up to speed, he can contribute at some point. Seems like a great kid also.
5. Lennon Creer RB 6'0" 215 Louisiana Tech Might not be available here - but there are a bunch of RBs in his class in this draft class, a few of them should be available here
6. Lucas Nix OT 6'5" 315 Pittsburgh. As a fellow Pittsburgh guy, MM will appreciate bringing in this hard working big fella and hoping he develops
7b. Jacory Harris QB Miami 6'4" 200. Jacory hits the jackpot and gets to be the Packer Backup aka: QB Starter Prep School.
7b. DeQuan Menzie CB 5'11" 202 Alabama - overshadowed by his teammate, DeQuan did a great job.
7c. Chris Galippo ILB 6'1" 241 USC Need some depth there in a year or 2.
7d.Ryan Houston FB 6'2" North Carolina. We are very short at FB. The logic is obvious - 3 FBs on roster - Superbowl. 1 FB on roster - One and done in playoffs.
I like how you didn't draft but one safety and no center, save the position for next year when the talent/depth will be available.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drafting a good safety may now be necessary with Collins definitely gone.
First of all, I think Hardin might be the 3rd best safety in the draft. This is a really bad year for safties. Taking Smith with the 1st I think is the only other option and that is a poor one. Drafting for need is the easiest way to make your team mediocre. We need to draft the best players if we are to continue our success. Besides, our biggest need is still DE IMHO. Having better play there will give the LBs more opportunities and result in the Safeties not having as much pressure on them. I think our 2nd biggest need is now Safety, and third is OLB. Because S sucks this season, and DE and OLB are strong - I still expect those 2 to be the first 2 positions we draft.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
First of all, I think Hardin might be the 3rd best safety in the draft. This is a really bad year for safties. Taking Smith with the 1st I think is the only other option and that is a poor one. Drafting for need is the easiest way to make your team mediocre. We need to draft the best players if we are to continue our success. Besides, our biggest need is still DE IMHO. Having better play there will give the LBs more opportunities and result in the Safeties not having as much pressure on them. I think our 2nd biggest need is now Safety, and third is OLB. Because S sucks this season, and DE and OLB are strong - I still expect those 2 to be the first 2 positions we draft.
Couldn't have said it better myself (granted I switch DE and OLB)

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself (granted I switch DE and OLB)
I go back and forth. I think DE is more important, but we have better talent right now in DE. Wilson, Wynn, FA guy, and Neal - at least 1 or 2 of these guys will step up. But I want to move Pickett to backing up Raji at NT. I want both of those guys to have less snaps. Our OLB is almost as important, and our drop off in talent after Clay is pretty big. There is a chance DeSoto or Jones picks up his game, but the rest with Zombo and Walden I think are going to be average at best.

OLB and DE are closely tied. Better play from the DE makes the OLB's job much easier. Maybe I should just say they are equal needs.

Members online

Latest posts