Amish Mafia assume GM duties

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The job is still open, and I have yet to hear I am NOT being considered, so I am gearing up. Here are my plans so far:

Free Agents

Resign Burnnett (don’t think this will happen or it already would be done)

House – we need more bodies

Dial - a year of offseason to see what he can do

Rodgers – we don’t have a lot of other options at TE

External
OLB Shaquill Barrett. Not sure Denver can resign him. I expect them to put 2nd round tender on him. I would pay it if Barrett isn’t demanding too much money. I do not expect this to happen - someone will break the bank for him.

WR – Allen Robinson Was amazing early in his career and after the 2nd season looked like a sensation. Injuries have plagued him since, so this is a big risk and he will probably resign on a prove it deal. I think we may lure him with an incentive laden deal – he might as well prove ‘it’ with a great QB helping him. Doesn't work I move on to Moncrief.

DRAFT
1.14 We want Arden key OLB – I know what you are thinking, he will be gone in the first 5 picks. I don’t think so. I think he carries a lot of risk, but is worth it at this point. He had 2 injuries, shoulder and knee that cost him games last season. He also had some off field issues as well. Add to that, he up and left the team last year, which has never been explained. One more thing, he had some weight issues last season. Normally, I would pass on this guy for those reasons, but I also understand that he really loves football and has newly dedicated himself to it. I don’t think it is just for the big payday, but there is a lot of risk with this pick. I think it is 50/50 he will be here.

So, we are on the clock and Key is gone so we are eyeballing Clellin Ferrell or Josh Jackson with the pick. Buffalo calls and wants to trade up to get in front of Ravens and Cardinals. Both of whom have a need for a QB. 4 QBs are already gone and the last elite prospect (still higher ranked than Trubisky) is left. In the end we trade with the Ravens who offer up a third to move up 2 spots. Buffalo was offering their 1st, 2nd and a 5th, but we can still get our guy at 16 so we play it safe and trade with Ravens.

So the pick is . . .

1.16 CB Josh Jackson. It’s a bad year for CB so desperate teams may draft him early, but I think he will be there. We can pair someone with King from last season, then we may be set for some time. Would rather add to the pass rush, but Jackson will be a very good player.

Trade up Give up 2.13, 3.35 and 5.13

2.01 ILB/OLB Rashaan Evans – Alabama – we need to get more athletic/fast at LB. Evans can play OLB and ILB. Would try him first alongside Martinez – I think it would be a great combination that compliments each other.

2.13 Traded [would have taken WR Equanimous St. Brown]

3.12 OLB Marcel Fraizer – change of position coach seemed to set him back this year. Started playing better towards the end of the season despite high expectations going into the season.

3.19 [from Ravens] TE Dalton Shultz – Stanford – Can do it all, and is a pretty good blocker. Was in a run focused defense, so he doesn’t have much for numbers.

Compensatory
3.35 [traded]

4.14 CB Jaylen Dunlap – Illinois – Solid physical type CB. Great in press coverage. Seemed to play better against better WRs.

5.13 Trade

Compensatory
5.34 CB Michael Joseph – Dubuque – I know, 3rd time going to the well, but we need some fresh blood there. Joseph is boom or bust. Played very well against inferior competition. Will need to add 10 lbs of muscle to handle the NFL beating. There are about 20 CBs in the Dunlap – Joseph range. We have to take our shots and hope at least one pans out.

Compensatory
5.35 C/G Scott Queesenberry – UCLA – Decent athlete should do well. Packers like OL guys who are flexible. Queese should be dependable and could develop.

Compensatory
5.37 QB Kurt Benkert - Virginia - Good arm and accuarcy. Not much of an athlete, but then Tom Brady isn't either. I don't think Hundley left many people with a lot of confidence, but we will see what he has next year.

Packers trade up giving up their 6th and 7th round picks

6.2 NT Daylon Mack – Texas A&M - Big man with some athletic skills. Should have stayed in school another year. We need some depth behind Clark so we don’t overplay him.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd sign Tre Boston he's 3 years younger than Burnett and more of a ball hawk and likely could be had for about the same money. If I can't do that I resign Burnett even though it hurts to say that because I like Burnett. I just think Boston would allow hhcd to be more of a strong safety and Josh Jones to be near the line of scrimmage as a ilb in the slot.

I'm good on house and dial I think they can be upgraded but if I picked one I keep house

I'd sign trumaine Johnson to a 4 year deal at 12 million per. I like him coming out of college and was hoping Packers would draft him. He'd give the Packers a nice group of diverse cornerbacks with king, Randall, a new rookie or 2 and whoever can stick out of Rollins, Hawkins, pipkins, etc

I'd sign Richard Rodgers as hell be cheap and he's a quality 2/3 who has great hands and good chemistry with the qb.
I cut Lance Kendricks

I'd sign Jimmy Graham to a slightly bigger deal than what martellus Bennett signed for last year 3 years 24 million

I'd think about signing Barrett but I don't know much about him

I'd sign Allen Robinson to a 2 year 10 million contract after restructuring their contracts to about 7 m for 2018

I'd sign clay Matthews to a 2 -3 year contract extension to lower his cap number and per year to around 7/8 million.

I keep bulaga and start him on pup in 2018

I'd take this fanspeak mock I just did with the NFL mock board

#14 G Quentin Nelson Notre Dame
Potential Hof guard gives instant boost to the already promising running game
#45 WR Christian Kirk Texas A & M
Dynamic returner and receiver he pushes Davis off the roster and is a ridiculous #5 receiver this season and a 2/3 in 2019 depending on what happens with nelson Cobb and Robinson.
#76 OLB Marcell Frazier Missouri
Same as what you said, he's got a chance to contribute right away as a pass rusher
#102 CB Jc Jackson Maryland
Off the field concerns push him down the board he's got size speed and athletic ability just has to have made decision he wants to make a lot of money in the NFL
#116 LB Tremaine Edmunds Virginia tech
Can play inside or out in this scenario I envision him next to Martinez in the base and rotating in as a outside rusher
#152 WR Antonio Callaway Florida
Another guy who falls because of off field stuff. Also a dynamic returner and a pretty similar receiver to Kirk but having 2 playmakers like that is never a problem.
#173 WR Dj Chark LSU
One last receiver this guy is just as fast as Kirk and Callaway and he's also a dynamic returner but he's got some height to him at 6-3.
#175 DT Bj Hill NC State 6-3 315
Has good size speed and quickness would really solidify the dline rotation along with clark, daniels, lowry and adams
#177 OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia
A size speed prospect who could develop into a nice pass rusher
# 190 TE Ian Thomas Indiana
A speedy te who can threaten the seam a good number 3 to Richard Rodgers and Jimmy Graham
#233 RB Kerryon Johnson Clemson
Another fast player who has good size a nice player to complete the running back room
#241 FB Dimitri Flowers
Another Oklahoma fullback to compete with ripkowski

And we're gonna have to pay Clark 10 m a year but that's still 3 years away and that's a good thing because it means he's an elite player

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

1.14 We want Arden Key OLB – I know what you are thinking, he will be gone in the first 5 picks. I don’t think so.
I just looked at this tape, which I assume was from his sophomore year:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Burst, search, destroy whether standing up or hand in the dirt, right side or left side. This guy was (is?) a rare talent headed for the top 5 but for the issues you noted from his junior season which can't be overlooked.

He has high potential to blow up the Combine. Medicals and interviews will likely peg his position.

One of the more interesting possibilities at #14.

I see you've gone off him in favor of an ILB with questionable speed. Have you gotten conservative in your 2 weeks older age. ;)

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just looked at this tape, which I assume was from his sophomore year:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Burst, search, destroy whether standing up or hand in the dirt, right side or left side. This guy was (is?) a rare talent headed for the top 5 but for the issues you noted from his junior season which can't be overlooked.

He has high potential to blow up the Combine. Medicals and interviews will likely peg his position.

One of the more interesting possibilities at #14.

I see you've gone off him in favor of an ILB with questionable speed. Have you gotten conservative in your 2 weeks older age. ;)
I will probably change my mind a dozen times on the matter. Certainly all the skills are there. I would tend to take bigger risks than most. But i am of the belief the biggest impact to our defense is Pettime. We don't need to risk a bust to have a good defense. Like I said, a person would have to sit down with him and see where he is at. Chances are handing him a couple million dollars isn't going to help him focus on football.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares about "off the field" stuff. That's why wolf didn't take moss and that was a terrible decision. Decisions should be made on whether you think the guy can play football not whether he smokes weed or shows up late to meetings or whatever else. As long as he's not doing stuff where it's likely he's gonna get a lengthy prison sentence why does it matter? You can't take Arden key at 14 because he just isn't that good

H

HardRightEdge

Who cares about "off the field" stuff. That's why wolf didn't take moss and that was a terrible decision. Decisions should be made on whether you think the guy can play football not whether he smokes weed or shows up late to meetings or whatever else. As long as he's not doing stuff where it's likely he's gonna get a lengthy prison sentence why does it matter? You can't take Arden key at 14 because he just isn't that good
He wasn't that good as a junior for the reasons cited above. But one would easily have projected him there as a sophomore. And there lies the question.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a dozen guys with amazing physical talent that never make it for every Aquib Talib. Somehow that bastard has avoided prison.

A player who is busy with women, drugs and the thug scene is not focused on becoming a better football. Amazing physical talent will make you a star in college but will not carry you in the pros.

Seriously, the guy doesn't focus in college, what is he going to do when he becomes a millionaire? A lot of things that will not make him a good football player.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Key being late to meetings indicates he doesn't focus on football. That's a bad recipe for success in the NFL.

Members online