Amish 37th annual draft contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In an unrelated matter, where the heck has Wimm been the past few days?
Watching Wapner and Jeopardy! Guessing TT kept him up pretty late all 3 nights in the war room and he is finally catching up on his sleep.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for running this contest, Amish! I'll personally thank you at the all you can eat Ramen Noodle awards banquet where I'll pick-up my 2nd place award.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks for running this contest, Amish! I'll personally thank you at the all you can eat Ramen Noodle awards banquet where I'll pick-up my 2nd place award.
At least second place isn't like .....having to kiss Amish's sister. ;)

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for hosting the event Amish. A great had was time by all!

See you next year!

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was visiting family in Mountains where reception is unheard of. Not sure I understand how I won but I'll take it! Wanted King for awhile now and am confident he becomes next Richard Sherman. Thanks for the Fun Amish, already looking forward to next years draft!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was visiting family in Mountains where reception is unheard of. Not sure I understand how I won but I'll take it! Wanted King for awhile now and am confident he becomes next Richard Sherman. Thanks for the Fun Amish, already looking forward to next years draft!
Congrats again Arthur, I'm not sure if others realize it, but the impressive thing about your victory is when you last changed your list.....March 15th! Most of us clowns were scrambling around the day before the draft finalizing our picks. I guess what they say about the squirrel is correct. ;)

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats again Arthur, I'm not sure if others realize it, but the impressive thing about your victory is when you last changed your list.....March 15th! Most of us clowns were scrambling around the day before the draft finalizing our picks. I guess what they say about the squirrel is correct. ;)
Hey I appreciate that man. Well the way I see it is you have everything you need really to predict where abouts a player will be drafted after combine/proday. Make my picks then and stick with my gut and resist changing at last minute. Good call with the Williams pick. And I also had Nate Gerry on my list. I think he will be a solid saftey.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey I appreciate that man. Well the way I see it is you have everything you need really to predict where abouts a player will be drafted after combine/proday. Make my picks then and stick with my gut and resist changing at last minute. Good call with the Williams pick. And I also had Nate Gerry on my list. I think he will be a solid saftey.

Yeah I really liked Gerry. Saw him play quite a few times for Nebraska. I think I remember reading that PFF has him listed as the 2nd best Safety in the draft, for what that is worth. I think the Eagles got a guy with a lot of potential, they are planning on moving him to linebacker, so will be fun to watch what he does. I predict he will be one heck of a special teams guy, until he gets comfortable in the position. I also think he would have been an upgrade over Joe Thomas for the Packers. I hope some of negatives I read about Yancey (picked 9 spots ahead of Gerry) turn out to be wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I really liked Gerry. Saw him play quite a few times for Nebraska. I think I remember reading that PFF has him listed as the 2nd best Safety in the draft, for what that is worth.

FYI PFF had Gerry ranked as the 12th best safety and overall the 99th prospect in this year's draft, significantly ahead of Josh Jones.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FYI PFF had Gerry ranked as the 12th best safety and overall the 99th prospect in this year's draft, significantly ahead of Josh Jones.

I had to fish for where I read that they had him at #2, I guess the article is wrong or I misinterpreted what it was trying to imply. ;)

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Nate-Gerry-was-the-second-best-safety-in-college-football-52589944

"Even more impressive, Gerry was ranked as PFF's second-best safety. Only behind LSU star Jamal Adams, who was selected sixth overall in the 2017 NFL Draft."

D

Deleted member 6794

I had to fish for where I read that they had him at #2, I guess the article is wrong or I misinterpreted what it was trying to imply. ;)

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Nate-Gerry-was-the-second-best-safety-in-college-football-52589944

"Even more impressive, Gerry was ranked as PFF's second-best safety. Only behind LSU star Jamal Adams, who was selected sixth overall in the 2017 NFL Draft."

It seems that Gerry earned the second highest PFF grade of all safeties during the 2016 season but as I've mentioned before they ranked him as the 12th best prospect at the position entering the draft.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Wondering if there's going to be an Amish 38th annual Draft Contest this year

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wondering if there's going to be an Amish 38th annual Draft Contest this year

I can't speak for Amish, but this being an even year on the calendar would probably make it something like the "Amish 98th Annual Draft". That Amish math is really tricky and involves slide rulers, electric home heaters and buggies, I haven't figure it out yet. :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
Reaction score
In that case count me in!
I really like the old school way of doing things and the “98th annual” innately implies a musty, drafty kinda feel. Of course, this is certainly only an option with Amish’s permission and an official Commencement speech and all ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In that case count me in!
I really like the old school way of doing things and the “98th annual” innately implies a musty, drafty kinda feel. Of course, this is certainly only an option with Amish’s permission and an official Commencement speech and all ;)

Don't forget about his announcement of the prizes! He always seems to duck his way out of awarding the prizes to the winner! I believe last year there was talk of an all expense paid 2 week trip with Erin Andrews on the line. I'm sure he is upping that and this year, maybe a trip with Danica Patrick?

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2017. Artur Squires. 12 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/amish-37th-annual-draft-contest.72470/

2016 Pokerbrat 2000 18 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/17th-annual-draft-contest.66050/page-3

2014AmishMafia 13 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/the-96th-annual-amish-mafia-draft-contest.59575/

2013 Rodell330 13pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/draft-contest.51325/

How it works:

Supply 20 names of players and the round the Packers may take them.

Rules:
Select a total of 20 Players
Pick at least 1 player per round
List their name and position.

Correct Player: 3 pts
Correct Player in Correct Round: 3 PLUS the round number pts

Therefore if you go:

Round-Player
1 - Bob wr
1 - Mack pk
2 - Steve te
2 - Ed olb
3 – Chuck wr
4 - Marty s
5 - Pete s

And the Packers draft Ed in the 3rd and Pete in the 5th, your points would be:

Ed (correct player) 3 pts
Pete (correct Player in Round 5) 3 + 5 = 8 pts
11 pts total

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Edmunds ILB
Denzel Ward. CB
Isaiah Oliver. CB
Rashaan Green DE
Terrel Edmunds S
Mark Andrew's TE
Quentin Meeks CB
Will Richards OT/G
Trey Quinn. WR
Kylie Fitts Edge
Tony Brown. Cb
Issac yiadon. Cb
Godwin igwebulki. S
Dalton Schultz TE
Jaylen Dunlap. CB
Michael Joseph. CB

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who merged this thread and why?

Should we merge the 2016 draft thread with the 2017 and the 2018 ones too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts