OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The real top of page 2 is all mine
Somebody deleted a post then because i had it when I posted that.

EDIT aha. I used my magical mod powers to see that it was YOU.

EDIT so now I get to post my picks:

Round 1
Tremaine Edmunds Virginia Tech OLB
Derwin James Florida State S
Minkah Fitzpatrick DB
Leighton Vander Esch Boise State ILB
Round 2
D.J. Moore Maryland WR
Isaiah Oliver Colorado CB
Uchenna Nwosu USC OLB
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma OLB
Round 3
D.J. Chark LSU WR
Mark Andrews Oklahoma TE
Michael Gallup Colorado St WR
Round 4
Terrell Edmunds Virginia Tech S
James Daniels Iowa OC
Brandon Parker NC A&T OT
Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame WR
Round 5
Shaquem Griffin UCF S
Allen Lazard Iowa State WR
Ryan Izzo Florida State TE
Nick Nelson Wisconsin CB
Round 6
Durham Smythe Notre Dame TE

Ran out of slots before I got to the end of my player list.

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice effort for a first timer. Just want to point out though, that hitting the 1st and 2nd is the same points as hitting a 6th. Although the early rounds are easier to guess who's available and what the packers are thinking, there are multiple picks in the 4th plus. I personally took a lot more shots at the 5th. My luck they will burn them trading up into the 2nd or something.
Thank you for your effort in helping me. However this is precisely what I anticipated, that the Packers use multiple draft picks of the late rounds to trade up in the earlier ones. This, together with the fact that I indeed know the top 50 prospecs way better than the bottom 1oo, I decided to take more shots at the first 2 rounds.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh all right. I should have known better than to think I could pull one over on the Poppa. I deleted another and you are back on top.

This is starting to sound like the conversation I could hear through the paper thin walls of my hotel room!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My completed board:

1. Vita Vea - DT - Washington
1. Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa

2. D.J. Moore - WR - Maryland
2. Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado

3. DL - BJ Hill - NC State
3. OL - Brian O’Neill - Pittsburgh
3. Tyrell Crosby - OT - Oregon
3. Terrell Edmunds - S - Virginia Tech
3. Jalyn Holmes - DL - Ohio State

4. Josey Jewell - LB - Iowa
4. RJ McIntosh - DL -Miami
4. Quenton Meeks - CB - Stanford
4. Troy Fumagalli - TE - Wisconsin

5. Dane Cruikshank - CB - Arizona
5. Duke Dawson - CB - Florida
5. Quin Blanding - S - Virginia
5. Ethan Wolf - TE - Tennessee

6. Marcus Allen - S - Penn State
6. Trey Johnson - CB

7. Mike Ford - CB

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just getting a good spot at the top of the page. :D

Good luck to all!

Round 1
  • Roquan Smith LB
  • Marcus Davenport, EDGE
  • Derwin James, S
Round 2
  • Arden Key, EDGE
  • Rashaan Evans, ILB
  • Christian Kirk, WR
  • D.J. Chark, WR
  • Simmie Cobbs, WR
  • Isaiah Oliver, CB
Round 3
  • Equanimeous St. Brown, WR
  • Lorenzo Carter, EDGE
  • Auden Tate, WR
  • Braden Smith, G
  • Tarvarius Moore, S
Round 4
  • Troy Fumagalli, TE
  • Jordan Whitehead, S
  • Marcel Ateman, WR
  • Taylor Moton, OT/G
  • Kevin Toliver II, CB
Round 5
  • Chukwuma Okorafor, OT
  • Tray Matthews, S
  • Cole Madison, G
  • Colby Gossett, G
  • James Washington, WR
  • Auden Tate, WR
Round 6
  • Allen Lazard, WR
  • Colby Gossett, G
  • Will Holden, OT
  • Ike Boettger, OT
  • Christian Sam, ILB
  • Quenton Meeks, CB
  • Marcus Allen, S
Round 7
  • Natrell Jamerson, S
  • Brandon Parker, OT

Dang that’s way more than 20 lol

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh all right. I should have known better than to think I could pull one over on the Poppa. I deleted another and you are back on top.
I just read your text again, and just now I noticed that the correct round gives you the round number in points. I'll make sure to take some more jabs in the later rounds then. Till when am I allowed to change my picks? 1 hour before Cleveland is on the clock?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read your text again, and just now I noticed that the correct round gives you the round number in points. I'll make sure to take some more jabs in the later rounds then. Till when am I allowed to change my picks? 1 hour before Cleveland is on the clock?
As soon as the draft starts when the commish says "Cleveland is now on the clock"

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2017. Artur Squires. 12 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/amish-37th-annual-draft-contest.72470/

2016 Pokerbrat 2000 18 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/17th-annual-draft-contest.66050/page-3

2014AmishMafia 13 pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/the-96th-annual-amish-mafia-draft-contest.59575/

2013 Rodell330 13pts
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/draft-contest.51325/

How it works:

Supply 20 names of players and the round the Packers may take them.

Rules:
Select a total of 20 Players
Pick at least 1 player per round
List their name and position.

Correct Player: 3 pts
Correct Player in Correct Round: 3 PLUS the round number pts

Therefore if you go:

Round-Player
1 - Bob wr
1 - Mack pk
2 - Steve te
2 - Ed olb
3 – Chuck wr
4 - Marty s
5 - Pete s

And the Packers draft Ed in the 3rd and Pete in the 5th, your points would be:

Ed (correct player) 3 pts
Pete (correct Player in Round 5) 3 + 5 = 8 pts
11 pts total

"A man should know his limitations." - Josey Wales

I suck at mock drafts, but it's fun to read what others here have come up with.

Good luck to all.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my picks.

1. Harold Landry, EDGE
1. Denzel Ward, CB
1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB

2. Isaiah Oliver, CB
2. Mike Hughes, CB
2. Courtland Sutton, WR

3. Anthony Miller, WR
3. Josh Sweat, EDGE
3. Quenton Meeks, CB

4. Shaquem Griffin, LB
4. Dane Cruikshank, CB
4. Rashaad Penny, RB
4. Dante Pettis, WR

5. Alex Cappa, OT
5. Duke Dawson, CB
5. Hercules Mata'fa, EDGE

6. Nico Falah, G/C

7. Daurice Fountain, WR
7. Dejon Allen, OT
7. Philip Lindsay, RB

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Vita vea. You want to see a dominant GB defense, just add a dominant #1 to the group of Dlinemen we have now... imagine a eager rookie vea coming in fresh, after Clark softens them up... or a mo-dog trying to show who is da alpha. Daniels is already facing strong competition for top spot ...adding vea, it will be a qb massacre. World champion giants type dline. Imo.
1 Cortland Sutton. 6'4" 218. Plays physical. Runs a 4.54 but those tall guys tend to take a bit longer to get up to speed. He would be a big target for #12.
2Justin Reed safety. 6' 207. Ran 4.4-40. Hopefully plays like Hyde, but with that extra half step of speed he lacked. Saves us from spending #14 on a stud safety.
2. Wr Dj moore . 6' ,210, 4.42, and plays scrappy. A bigger faster stronger meaner Cobb.
2.OT Brian O'Neill. He played wr in HS. He played TE as a freshman in college. And now he is a (project) LT who is 6'6" 298 and runs a 4.82 40...but gets pushed around and needs to get stronger... I want to see him go back to being a TE (6th OL) who can also dip out and catch some dump offs... or designed safety smasher plays. :) power blocking TE for when we play dominant defenses... protect #12.
2nd Arden key olb.
2nd Isiah Oliver cb. 6' 201, 4.5 40 but plays man coverage well.
3rd cb Tony Brown. 6' ran 4.35-40 Alabama approved... Eli approved...
3rd Hilton hill cb. Big cb who can play physical. Ran respectable 4.49 for a big guy.
3rd DT/DE Harrison Phillips. 103 tackles. Enough said.
3rd Equanimeous stbrown 6'5 4.48 40. "Super polished route runner" maybe we trade down in second and get him before the 3rd round opens up. #12 is getting bigger faster wrs this year, if I'm the GM...
3rd dj chark 6'2" 4.34 wr...
3rd TE Mike gesicki, aka J.Finley, part 2... 6'5" 242 4.54-40. Long arms, big hands, great body control and leaping ability...
4th BJ hill nt. I want the middle of the draft to be for adding big guys for the trenches. Both sides of the ball.
5th. OT Greg Senat.
5th. OT Brett Toth. Both are small venue ,depth guys who did well at the shrine game. Perfect comp pick types that GB will use at end of 5th round to solidify Oline depth.

6th cb tre Johnson. Skinny, fast. Project player.
6th OT will Richardson. Another comp pick to compete for depth positions.
7th Guard, Brandon mahon.
7th Greg Gilmore dt.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Vita vea. You want to see a dominant GB defense, just add a dominant #1 to the group of Dlinemen we have now... imagine a eager rookie vea coming in fresh, after Clark softens them up... or a mo-dog trying to show who is da alpha. Daniels is already facing strong competition for top spot ...adding vea, it will be a qb massacre. World champion giants type dline. Imo.
1 Cortland Sutton. 6'4" 218. Plays physical. Runs a 4.54 but those tall guys tend to take a bit longer to get up to speed. He would be a big target for #12.
2Justin Reed safety. 6' 207. Ran 4.4-40. Hopefully plays like Hyde, but with that extra half step of speed he lacked. Saves us from spending #14 on a stud safety.
2. Wr Dj moore . 6' ,210, 4.42, and plays scrappy. A bigger faster stronger meaner Cobb.
2.OT Brian O'Neill. He played wr in HS. He played TE as a freshman in college. And now he is a (project) LT who is 6'6" 298 and runs a 4.82 40...but gets pushed around and needs to get stronger... I want to see him go back to being a TE (6th OL) who can also dip out and catch some dump offs... or designed safety smasher plays. :) power blocking TE for when we play dominant defenses... protect #12.
2nd Arden key olb.
2nd Isiah Oliver cb. 6' 201, 4.5 40 but plays man coverage well.
3rd cb Tony Brown. 6' ran 4.35-40 Alabama approved... Eli approved...
3rd Hilton hill cb. Big cb who can play physical. Ran respectable 4.49 for a big guy.
3rd DT/DE Harrison Phillips. 103 tackles. Enough said.
3rd Equanimeous stbrown 6'5 4.48 40. "Super polished route runner" maybe we trade down in second and get him before the 3rd round opens up. #12 is getting bigger faster wrs this year, if I'm the GM...
3rd dj chark 6'2" 4.34 wr...
3rd TE Mike gesicki, aka J.Finley, part 2... 6'5" 242 4.54-40. Long arms, big hands, great body control and leaping ability...
4th BJ hill nt. I want the middle of the draft to be for adding big guys for the trenches. Both sides of the ball.
5th. OT Greg Senat.
5th. OT Brett Toth. Both are small venue ,depth guys who did well at the shrine game. Perfect comp pick types that GB will use at end of 5th round to solidify Oline depth.

6th cb tre Johnson. Skinny, fast. Project player.
6th OT will Richardson. Another comp pick to compete for depth positions.
7th Guard, Brandon mahon.
7th Greg Gilmore dt.

Of the list. First couple days dream line up. Defense gets the back breaking dline rotation, and quality insurance for the foreseeable future. Olbs get a blue chipper with baggage, to add to the rotation. Another Alabama player in the secondary, who happens to run a 4.35 40, at over 6' tall. And add a dominating target for #12 with a unblockable megatron-esque TE... Follow that up with a couple Olinemen in the 5th, like Senat, and Toth. If I wanted to consolidate picks more and get one more from that list of 3rd rounders. I'd take the 6'2" wr chark who ran 4.34... #12 needs that deep threat back.
1. Vita vea... Oline kryptonite.
2. arden key. Edge
3a. Tony Brown cb
(4th both traded to move back up to 3rd)
3b. Mike gesicki TE.
3c Dj Chark WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers took Vea. After the signing of Wilkerson, that would be a total luxury pick and unfortunately, a luxury the Packers cannot afford at the moment. They should be able to grab a top 10 non QB, RB, OL that fills one of their bigger needs at CB, Edge or WR.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers took Vea. After the signing of Wilkerson, that would be a total luxury pick and unfortunately, a luxury the Packers cannot afford at the moment. They should be able to grab a top 10 non QB, RB, OL that fills one of their bigger needs at CB, Edge or WR.
Wilkerson is signed for 1 year. Daniel's is going to decline. You have to think 3-5 years ahead in the draft. If you are sacrificing quality for an immediate need, your team will be in the crapper in no time. It's not a luxury, but a neccessity

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wilkerson is signed for 1 year. Daniel's is going to decline. You have to think 3-5 years ahead in the draft. If you are sacrificing quality for an immediate need, your team will be in the crapper in no time. It's not a luxury, but a neccessity

Well I would say Clark, Adams and Lowery on the rise, so that kind of counters any slippage by Daniels. We don't know where Wilkerson will be in a year. I mainly said it was a luxury based on the positions that already have open holes this year and even bigger ones next year, as well as being positions that have been declining steadily over the past 2 years (OLB/CB)

D

Deleted member 6794

While it's definitely reasonable to think about the future current needs have to be factored into a selection as well. With the Packers having several glaring holes to fill on the roster drafting a defensive lineman at #14 doesn't seem to be a smart idea this year.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Would Daniels have trade value this season if we are comfortable with the line without him and maybe get a DL at 14?

D

Deleted member 6794

Would Daniels have trade value this season if we are comfortable with the line without him and maybe get a DL at 14?

That's an interesting idea, the Packers should only think about it if they could acquire an elite cornerback or edge rusher in return though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is worth more to us, I wouldn't trade him. Rarely does a rookie DL make an impact. If we draft Vea, he gives are starting trio breathers so they all stay fresh. I would expect Vea to be dominant leader by year 3 and ready to start. You cant have enough DL guys. It goes back to the axiom that NFL games are won or lost in the trenches.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's definitely reasonable to think about the future current needs have to be factored into a selection as well. With the Packers having several glaring holes to fill on the roster drafting a defensive lineman at #14 doesn't seem to be a smart idea this year.
The only way to contend for a superbowl is to have great players. I would rather draft a great player than just a really good player at a position of need. That just doesn't make your team a contender. Not in the short run or the long run.

D

Deleted member 6794

He is worth more to us, I wouldn't trade him. Rarely does a rookie DL make an impact. If we draft Vea, he gives are starting trio breathers so they all stay fresh. I would expect Vea to be dominant leader by year 3 and ready to start. You cant have enough DL guys. It goes back to the axiom that NFL games are won or lost in the trenches.

I'm not advocating for the Packers to draft Vea at #14 as I think there will be other prospects available presenting a better value but the team would still have a decent defensive line with Clark, Wilkerson and Lowry.

The only way to contend for a superbowl is to have great players. I would rather draft a great player than just a really good player at a position of need. That just doesn't make your team a contender. Not in the short run or the long run.

In my opinion the Packers chances of winning a Super Bowl would increase by acquiring a great cornerback for Daniels though.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Vea is my favorite player that is likely available at #14 (of course assuming Chubb, Ward, Edmunds, and Derwin James are gone), I just do not think this pick makes any kind of sense for the Packers unless Pettine plans to make this a 4-3 defense. Which honestly, I would not hate that idea given our current roster scenario. I think this is a highly unlikely scenario, but if it was the plan I would absolutely love to select Vea at #14. If all the above are gone at #14, I think its best to trade back if you are not going after the receiver (Ridley). Patriots could trade us #23 and #43 (MAYBE even get #31 instead) and that could land us a CB (Josh Jackson/Javier Alexander/Carlton Davis/Mike Hughes), WR (Sutton/DJ Moore/Callaway/Chark), and Edge-OLB (Harold Landry/Rashaad Evans/Leighton Vander Esch) in the first and second rounds. If this is the scenario my vote is:
#23- Address Edge/OLB (Rashaad Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, Harold Landry in that order based on availability)
#31/#43- Address CB (Josh Jackson/Carlton Davis/Mike Hughes/Javier Alexander in that order based on availability)
#45- Address WR (Courtland Sutton/DJ Moore/DJ Chark/Callaway in that order based on availability)

Dream scenario? Maybe, but also quite possible at the same time. I think realistically if we walk out of round two with Leighton Vander Esch, Josh Jackson and DJ Moore, Packers fans should be thrilled.

Last edited:

Members online