Americas Game 66 Packers

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Just watched the Americas Game on the 66 Packers. I enjoy watching the shows on the old teams. There are so many more interesting stories about Character and Shenanigans then you get with the newer teams.

Can you even imagine someone going out and partying until 6am the night of a Superbowl game today? Even after Lombardi had told the team that he would personally see to it that any player violating curfew would never play again. And then having what should have been an MVP performance. When Men were Men.

Also got a kick out of looking at the crowd for the game. Men in suits and ties, women in their Sunday best with corsages and hats.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Yeah it was crazy back then... none of the crowd wearing jerseys or anything... just fedoras and trench coats... but they were loyal though!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it was crazy back then... none of the crowd wearing jerseys or anything... just fedoras and trench coats... but they were loyal though!!!
I too am fascinated when looking at older pictures of sports crowds and seeing all the fedoras and suits.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess football players don't go out partying and drinking anymore. ;)

Anyways, was the '66 show the one with the bit where Bill Curry talks about Willie Davis? It's in either the '66 or '67 show, and it's a phenomonal segment. The shows they do with the current champions in the summer after they just won have not been nearly as good as watching the old timers talk about their memories and how they view their accomplishments after so many years. More candor, more perspective, less segments about Juicy Fruit.

Latest posts