1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

American Idol/The Voice/X-Factor

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I can't be the only one who watches these shows.
    This Jessica Sanchez' song the other night here was THE BEST individual performance I have ever seen on any of these shows!
    My unlce doesn't like her much for some reason (racist?) so he thinks, says she was lip-sinching! LOL.

2. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I'm sure your not the only one but I'm not one who does watch it

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Don't watch the show but did watch the clip. Good range but her voice seemed a little light. Not quite "full." Hard to explain what I mean. It's like her volume maxed out at 8 when a 9 was needed.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I think it's interesting how the AI winner goes on and sometimes becomes a household name.
    Even a really bad singer like William Hung gets 15 minutes.
    Yet the winners of all those other talent shows, including the summer replacement America's Got Talent, are forgotten all about the minute the show is over.

And call me old fashioned but I prefer those who have to work really hard and claw their way to the top instead of just going on a TV show and finding easy instant fame that way.

5. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    Idc how good of a singer you are. If you don't make good music then you lose.

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I will watch the X Factor only if Britney Spears is on there. Don't care what anyone says about her, she was my girl 10 years ago, and I still love her.

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,022
    And these shows may not have the "best" performers on them, only those that have time and drive to do the auditions. Was at grandparents day a few weeks back for my kid's elementary school. They did a talent show as the highlight. This one 13yr old girl, mousy, quiet, fated to be a librarian type just rocked the place with her voice. Nobody, including her parents, knew the voice this girl had. She could win but will never be on these shows though.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I think there is something more genuine of those talent shows.

It's like you don't need to 2nd mortgage your house to go see a big name band like the Stones, Springsteen or U2.
    There's tons of home grown talent right there in the bars and clubs in your town that don't cost a fortune and are just as good if not better than the big time acts.
    The difference is the big time acts went to Hollywood or wherever it was they went to be discovered.

9. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I watched American Idol through the auditions this year because a guy I know made top 48. Then he was cut, so I stopped watching. I usually have these shows on in the background while doing something else - sometimes you get some okay singers.

10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Carrie Underwood will always remain my all time favorite from the show since watching season 2.

*sigh* Carrie.

The good old days.

Not really into anyone this year. I have liked many over the years and did like Scotty last season. David Cook also years before, lol I was semi in love with David Cook....not ashamed to admit it. My mom was a big Adam Lambert fan but I did not really get into him, talented dude though.

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    You see what I did ^ there ^?
    You're right about Carrie. Nobody can ever top her on that show. She was a hidden gem there in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma.

Lambert was pretty good, just screamed to often.

12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I liked Allison during Adam's season. Cute little rocker chick. Yeah, Adam is gay but it was amazing how many girls swooned over him and still do. ;)

Yeah Carrie was/is precious. I picked her out from the beginning.

Season 4 was awesome. A lot of talent. I also liked Bo Bice.

It's rare that AI finds such a pretty girl like Carrie who can also sing and who both sexes like. With so many recent male winners I think they want another female. They want Jessica Sanchez. Nobody was beating Scotty last year.....they never had a male country winner and he was too likable. This year I think Phillip and Colton are leading the votes so far.

Some think instruments changed the show. Once decent looking white guys started to play guitar every other week they stole votes from girls.

I didn't watch season 1 but Kelly Clarkson was/is pretty awesome.

The AI queens; Carrie and Kelly.

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    As you can see, I have watched TOO much American Idol. :)

My first favorite was Clay Aiken actually. Dude could sing. I also was amused at how much he seemed to bug Simon.

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Like many American Idol fans, I am mad about Colton being eliminated.
    He was never even in the bottom 3, til tonight, and they sent him home.

Last week's results were RIGGED.
    So was tonight.

Colton was by far my favorite, and I just lost about half my interest in the show the rest of the season.

I miss Simon!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Colton was suprising. I did not think he was at his best this past week but still.....like you said, never the bottom 3. But a lot of seasons have this situation. He deserved better then 7th place.

I HATE HATE HATE the save. I hated when they started it.

Yes it does seem more rigged/scripted this season to me. More so then usual.

I think Phillip (cute white guy) wins or Skylar (country vote) wins. I know they want Jessica and might try to rig it for her win. I am not into her though and their fawning over her and Joshua is incredibly annoying.

I also miss the old judges.

I thought Colton might make the final 2 before.

My fave off and on all year has been Skylar.

16. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I don't like this season much. I kinda like Hollie lately though.

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975

Yup...I think he had a GREAT voice, but that damn screaming was so damn annoying

18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Anyone else watch the Voice?
    We gave up on it, but tuned in this week for the finale.
    The brother won it, like last year with Javier Colon.
    Both times the guy that I wanted to win, won, so it's good!

Idol is down to what, 3 people? We gace up on that 3 weeks ago when Colton got the boot.
    I heard Skylar was eliminated last week, so now I will watch again.