Am i the only one...

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who all thinks we should draft Jahvid Best.... im in love with him.. but dont know the cons

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I don't think it's worth drafting him in the first round. His spinal injury is SCARY and he hasn't been the same player since. If he does fall to the second then it would be worth taking him but I wouldn't risk a first rounder when we have more pressing needs i.e. O-line, Safety, Corner.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
What round would Holliday go in? I'd love to have him, but i'm not sure if I would love it enough to burn a 1 on him.

OP
OP
lancer84

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah definitely... no way in heck should we used a first on holliday...Mays would be a dream pick though

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mays, in Taylor Mays? Please say you're kidding...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFa4aEsZzzw"]YouTube- S Taylor Mays Highlights/Lowlights 2009 USC[/ame]

You don't have to watch beyond 40 seconds to understand what I'm talking about...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would only take Trindon Holiday in the 6th or 7th round since he'd only really be a returner. I'd much rather have Spiller or McCluster who would return and add a new dimension to our offense. Spiller is a 1st rounder and McCluster a 2nd rounder.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I disagree. The Bears took Devin Hester pretty darn high, 2nd or 3rd round, to just be a return man and look what he did in that role before they screwed with it. A dangerous return man is a gamechanger. It adds a spark if the ball is kicked to him, it's a big advantage in field position, it's one of (in my opinion) the most important and undervalued position in football. It affects SO much during the course of the game.

If they think Holliday can have a Hester/Dante Hall/Percy Harvin kind of impact, i'd be fine with taking him high. Not 1st round high, but if he's a gamechanger like a Hester or Harvin, 3rd round wouldn't be out of the question.

Also, McCluster might have played himself into late 1st round during the Senior Bowl from what i've been reading.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Devin Hester being a pretty darn good Secondary player. Correct me if I'm wrong. In all the most recent LSU games I've seen, Holliday only really returned, while Hester was all over the field on defense. The Bears NEEDED a playmaker on offense, so they switched him over to WR. I personally don't think it was a good move, he should be primarily the returner.

I really like McCluster as a prospect, but to see any of the late 1st round teams would be highly unlikely. He did have a phenomenal Senior Bowl showing he can still be explosive despite being "undersized". I'd love it if we got him in the second round, if we don't get Spiller of course. We need a guy like McCluster. A player who is another potential threat, a guy defenses have to plan for.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. The Bears took Devin Hester pretty darn high, 2nd or 3rd round, to just be a return man and look what he did in that role before they screwed with it. A dangerous return man is a gamechanger. It adds a spark if the ball is kicked to him, it's a big advantage in field position, it's one of (in my opinion) the most important and undervalued position in football.
I would love to see the Pack maybe get McCluster in the 2nd round if he is still there. I would not take him in the 1st though. As far as Hester is concerned, the guy ruled being a return guy........now look at him..... He is now a so..so...receiver. Once again....Da Bears screw things up real good. Do they have a Matt Millen clone secretly managing operations down in the basement????

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this thread is about Best, but we have other needs, so I don't really see TT taking him in the first......even if he was there when we pick in the first. NYPACKER mentioned Holliday and I have to say that he can fly. Watched the video, then checked out some other sources. The guy got to the semi finals the olympics. He also ran a 10.07 100 meter dash at the 2007 outdoor track championships. He might have slowed down since then, since he probably gained weight in the past couple years. He is 5 foot 5/160 (sorry.......had to say that). If he got hit by a special teams guy weighing about 235 ........running full speed.........it wouldn't be pretty.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this thread is about Best, but we have other needs, so I don't really see TT taking him in the first......even if he was there when we pick in the first. NYPACKER mentioned Holliday and I have to say that he can fly. Watched the video, then checked out some other sources. The guy got to the semi finals the olympics. He also ran a 10.07 100 meter dash at the 2007 outdoor track championships. He might have slowed down since then, since he probably gained weight in the past couple years. He is 5 foot 5/160 (sorry.......had to say that). If he got hit by a special teams guy weighing about 235 ........running full speed.........it wouldn't be pretty.
Much like Darren Sproles.

Oh, and MJD can't carry the load.

Bunch of BS...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not only me but Packers scouts have taken a notice to Hollidays' abilities as well. However slowly I'm starting to believe more in Dexter Mcculster. We should at least TRY to pick him up. Holliday should only be an option if Mcculster doesn't fall.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only me but Packers scouts have taken a notice to Hollidays' abilities as well. However slowly I'm starting to believe more in Dexter Mcculster. We should at least TRY to pick him up. Holliday should only be an option if Mcculster doesn't fall.
Now that the combine is over.......Holliday probably moved up a little and McCluster might have moved down a few spots.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts