Already on Super Bowl 51.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll never know how much Rodgers calf affected him. But to blame his sub standard performance solely on his calf when he had played so well the week before strikes me as weak.

D

Deleted member 6794

296 players polled, hard to not put some value on it. I don't think things are as bad as they once were, but I would be curious if the choice of playing in GB has lost us a FA in recent history.

I'm sorry but I don't care about what players answer to a random poll. At the time Wolf was the Packers GM there was no shortage of free agents wanting to play in Green Bay and I highly doubt that if the deal offered by the Packers is the best on the table a lot of players would reject it because of the weather conditions in Wisconsin.

If money is equal, the cold and city is probably something that could sway a player.

I'm sure most rich 20 something year old guys would enjoy San Diego or Miami over Green Bay during the winter.

True, but those guys opting for the party life instead of football end up being busts.

Certainly, but that shouldn't affect the actual throw or performance of the leg. Again, he threw the ball fine the week before, and then 2 weeks after Seattle beat us, I saw with my own eyes Brady throw 4 touchdowns and 300 yards on them.

The Seahawks entered the Super Bowl with Sherman and Thomas being severly beat up and lost Jeremy Lane to a terrible arm injury early in the game. Brady picked on Lane's replacement, Walter Thurmond if I recall correctly, all night long, throwing for three TDs to receivers being covered by him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Reminder, this team was horrible without Rodgers in 2013, but with him, we are capable of beating anyone and winning Super Bowls. He put us on his back in the Super Bowl and the game at Atlanta that playoff run.

But we can't win a Super Bowl with him making big mistakes like that in the playoffs.

It's true the Packers normally have to rely on Rodgers playing well in the playoffs to win but the 2014 NFCCG is a terrible example as there's no way the team should have lost that game even with #12 struggling.

The other Int was a refs mistake (should have been a free play), but also a poor decision and/or pass. Number one, it was Davante Adams, number two, it was against Richard Sherman. But despite all that, if the pass was thrown earlier or further, it probably is either a simple incomplete pass, or perhaps Adam's first and only long touchdown pass.

I put the blame on the first interception solely on the refs missing the defense jumping offside. Absolutely fine with Rodgers taking a huge risk throwing that ball thinking he's got a free play.

We'll never know how much Rodgers calf affected him. But to blame his sub standard performance solely on his calf when he had played so well the week before strikes me as weak.

The Seahawks secondary is far superior to the Cowboys one, that made it was easier for him to play on a high level.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks entered the Super Bowl with Sherman and Thomas being severly beat up and lost Jeremy Lane to a terrible arm injury early in the game. Brady picked on Lane's replacement, Walter Thurmond if I recall correctly, all night long, throwing for three TDs to receivers being covered by him.
Sherman and Thomas were injured during our game with them, and we were unable to take advantage of that.
Despite finding excuses to take away from what Brady was able to do in that game against Seattle and their pass rush, Legion of Boom, etc. that doesn't take away from the fact that Rodgers was able to throw the ball just fine against Dallas, but somehow the calf was the reason for his 2 Ints, missed TD?

This reminds me of the FavreBots who never ever allowed any blame to be on him, even for a throw like this Int which cost us a Super Bowl that I had tickets to, in Glendale, just like last year!
2 out of 3 times I have had Super Bowl tickets, we have lost in OT of the NFCCG. Only the 2010 Super Bowl, here in Dallas, did we make it through, which was not the one we were expecting.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

His devout apologists blamed the cold temps.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sherman and Thomas were injured during our game with them, and we were unable to take advantage of that.
Despite finding excuses to take away from what Brady was able to do in that game against Seattle and their pass rush, Legion of Boom, etc. that doesn't take away from the fact that Rodgers was able to throw the ball just fine against Dallas, but somehow the calf was the reason for his 2 Ints, missed TD?

This reminds me of the FavreBots who never ever allowed any blame to be on him, even for a throw like this Int which cost us a Super Bowl that I had tickets to, in Glendale, just like last year!
2 out of 3 times I have had Super Bowl tickets, we have lost in OT of the NFCCG. Only the 2010 Super Bowl, here in Dallas, did we make it through, which was not the one we were expecting.....

Sherman and Thomas were injured late in the NFCCG and Rodgers didn't get a lot of chances theowing at them as the coaching staff for some reason didn't know about them being injured and decided to run most of the time in the fourth quarter.

There's no denying Rodgers didn't play well in the NFCCG and the second interception was terrible but mostly blaming the loss on him after what happened within the last five minutes is ridiculous.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stop buying Superbowl tickets, you're jinxing us :) I did the same, bought a big new plasma to watch the Superbowl on, and bought it just a bit early and watched them lose to the Giants on it instead. I still haven't forgiven myself.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Stop buying Superbowl tickets, you're jinxing us :) I did the same, bought a big new plasma to watch the Superbowl on, and bought it just a bit early and watched them lose to the Giants on it instead. I still haven't forgiven myself.
Ok you two, off the bandwagon!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
296 players polled, hard to not put some value on it. I don't think things are as bad as they once were, but I would be curious if the choice of playing in GB has lost us a FA in recent history.
Check the timing of that poll. If it coincided with the article, the Packers were coming off a 6-10 season and were 6-4 at the time of the poll (or 5-4 or 4-4 depending how old the poll was). The author writes she’d hate to see the Packers “fall back into the pariah category” … “especially if the Packers fail to make the playoffs”. Of course they were a season away from winning a title. With the uncertainty surrounding the Packers at that time, 38-39 of 296 players wouldn’t want to play in Green Bay? Ask ‘em what if the Packers offered the most money and see how that affects the number. Ask ‘em what if the Packers were the only team interested in you with a realistic chance of winning a title and see what happens. Not a big deal IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Check the timing of that poll.

For what it's worth....a more recent "poll". Again, I am not claiming to believe these polls, I am just throwing it out there for discussion.

http://totalpackers.com/2014/08/guys-still-dont-want-play-green-bay/

Personally, I believe the success of the Green Bay Packers organization in the last 20 years has helped change the desire to play in GB in a positive way. But its easy to understand, that if you throw that out of the equation, a player may be more inclined to want to play in a city that fits their life style.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For what it's worth....a more recent "poll". Again, I am not claiming to believe these polls, I am just throwing it out there for discussion.
This time it’s 6% and the metric is the 'team would have to double their salary'. Again not a big deal. BTW the author writes the Packers are “lumped in with some real undesirable franchises”. Any statistician want to analyze lumping 6% in with 23%, 19%...?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This time it’s 6% and the metric is the 'team would have to double their salary'. Again not a big deal. BTW the author writes the Packers are “lumped in with some real undesirable franchises”. Any statistician want to analyze lumping 6% in with 23%, 19%...?

6 players out of 100---maybe these were players that were shunned on draft day, or during FA? Maybe they hate Capers? Or was a q/b that knows he wont play.

So many variables to consider to give any real credit to that poll

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, but the first 6 games were a lot of Rodgers. Defense played well this year.

Actually it's more like the first 3 games. And the D actually played great in weeks 2 and 3 of those games and the offense never really looked right after the Chiefs game.

The only game I'll give Rodgers and the offense credit for winning on their own was week one against the Bears ( an argument could be made for the SD game also). Every other win I either give credit to the defense or a combination of the two units.

The D outplayed the offense this year. Making the point that we saw Rodgers was good enough for a few wins by himself this past season implies the opposite.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it's more like the first 3 games. And the D actually played great in weeks 2 and 3 of those games and the offense never really looked right after the Chiefs game.

The only game I'll give Rodgers and the offense credit for winning on their own was week one against the Bears ( an argument could be made for the SD game also). Every other win I either give credit to the defense or a combination of the two units.

The D outplayed the offense this year. Making the point that we saw Rodgers was good enough for a few wins by himself this past season implies the opposite.

That's an excellent opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts