4. Howton
5. Driver
6. Dale
7. Brooks
8. Sharpe
9. Dowler
10. McGee
How is Jennings ahead of Driver?
And I loved Robert Brooks so much, but he cannot be ahead of Sterling Sharpe no matter what the football criteria is.
I never saw Hutson, Dale, or Howton play.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Jennings ahead of Driver?
And I loved Robert Brooks so much, but he cannot be ahead of Sterling Sharpe no matter what the football criteria is.
I never saw Hutson, Dale, or Howton play.

not my list, its theirs, but Jennings could pass Driver next season for TDs...

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top 10 list of Packers wide recievers.

1: Hutson
2: Sharpe
3: Lofton
4: McGee
5: Driver
6: Brooks
7: Dowler
8: Freeman
9: Jennings
10: Dale

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Packers.com | All-Time Roster | Player | Billy Howton

Why isn't Howton in the NFL HOF? Retired after 10 years as the league leader in pass yardage on really bad teams. (Maybe answered my own query.) Led the league twice. 80 games in Packer career with 5500+ yds is almost 70 ypg. In a 16 game season that's over 1100 yards. And that was before turf and the modern rules and associated aerial assaults.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers.com | All-Time Roster | Player | Billy Howton

Why isn't Howton in the NFL HOF? Retired after 10 years as the league leader in pass yardage on really bad teams. (Maybe answered my own query.) Led the league twice. 80 games in Packer career with 5500+ yds is almost 70 ypg. In a 16 game season that's over 1100 yards. And that was before turf and the modern rules and associated aerial assaults.
But was he a deep threat?

Regarding the list, I didn't watch half of them to answer if it's right or not, so...

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, these articles have got to be just for fun. What are the criteria? Just because a guy is fast doesn't mean he can catch. Just because a guy isn't all that fast doesn't mean he can't be such a clean route runner that he is not a deep threat. Looking at stats and seeing that guys have a good YCA is meaningless because many of the yards per catch may have been part of a catch and run. There are just way too many variables to even evaluate those guys that many of us were never even able to watch. It does make for good speculation/conversation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts