All Time Favorite Packer Players?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who and why are your top five all time Packers players? Anyone who includes Anthony Dilweg should be banned, immediately! ;-)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in no particular order,
Brett Favre - I became a Packer fan when I was 11, in 1994. So, there ya go.
Aaron Rodgers - Stud
Sterling Sharpe - Could've been an all-time great
Ahman Green - My family is all Cornhusker fans, so we were psyched to see him go to GB
Charles Woodson - probably my all-time favorite football player. I liked him at Michigan. That one-handed sideline pick blew my young mind. Heisman. DPOY. Ageless. Dude's amazing.

Oh, and Anthony Dilweg, of course.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In no order, Sterling Sharpe, Gilbert Brown, Ahman Green, Aaron Rodgers, tie between
Greg Jennings and Clay Matthews
That's pretty damn close for me too, but for sure I put Donald Driver in there, and want a mention for John Jefferson, albeit short-lived.
Chuck Cecil has to be mentioned as well. Nick Collins and LeRoy Butler too.

But Reggie White is for sure in the top 5 for me too.... maybe #1.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Robert Brooks as a kid. I would say Donald Diver is probably my favorite of all time, the guys smilin from ear to ear every time he's on the field. Besides him I'd have to say Clay Matthews and Jordy

L

Lunchboxer

Bart Starr,Reggie White,Charles Woodson,Willie Davis,Al Harris,Ahman Green

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, LeRoy Butler. Next 5 Donald Driver, Nick Collins, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Al Harris

lambeausouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, Robert Brooks, Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, Don Majkowski and Jordy Nelson.

Hard to pick just five. Really hard. I like Clay, Greg Jennings, Ahman Green and Dorsey Levens a lot, too. Deep down, I still like Brett, too, but I'm still ticked at how he handled his exodus from Green Bay.

Hmm, I liked Reggie, Leroy, Paul Coffman and Lynn ****ey a lot, too.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
top three for sure would be Donald Driver, LeRoy Butler, an Al Harris..I would have to add Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings.

Wow that was harder then it looked!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
too many to name but here's my top 10

Herb Adderly
Bart Starr
Jim Taylor
James Lofton
Al Harris
Ahman Green
Sterling Sharpe
Reggie White
Greg Jennings
Aaron Rodgers

Randy S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the winter of 1966 I was stuck in Milwaukee, WI because of snow. I was on my way from Ft. Gordon, GA to visit my family in Menominee, MI before shipping out to Viet Nam. While talking to the ticket agent about when the airport would reopen and or when flights might start to come in a man leaned over my should. The man said he heard I was trying to get to Menominee, MI via Green Bay and wanted to know if I wanted a lift. Being in uniform, Army broke, I jumped at the chance because my father only had to drive to Green Bay. The man said he had a friend from Cherry Aviation flying down to pick him up and I could fly with them up to Green Bay.

What a wonderfully flight for a 18 year old. We talked football since I played the same position in HS, about the Army, my family and life in general. Arriving in Green Bay he gave me his address and asked that I write when I got to Viet Nam to let him know how I was doing which I agreed to.

Fast forward 4 months. I took the time to write him and told him what it was like, where I was stationed in VN and what unit I was with. About a month later I received a package from him. Inside was a personalized football to my unit from the 1966 Green Packers. This wasn't a production run because it had some additional notes on it besides the players / coaches autograph

We wrote each other from time to time until his address was destroyed in an attack and I didn't know how to reach him back then.

When I left VN 23 months + later the company commander presented me with the football. 44 years later I still have the football in case along with a copy of my stock certificate.

My favorite Green Packer is BART STARR, a man I will never forget what he did for me, my fellow soldiers in VN and not to forget what he gave hundreds of thousands of Green Bay Packer fans over the years.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Bart Starr is STILL the man, character, integrity, leader. Jim Taylor, Reggie White, Paul Hornung, Ray Nitchke. Just to name a few. So many great players. I'm old hence the older players.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Naming the top 5 isn't easy. If I just go by the players since "71" (the year of my birth)In no particular order it would be Reggie White,Sterling Sharpe,Rodgers,CM3 & Favre. My next 5 would be DD,Jennings,Nelson,Woodson & Ahman Green.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Taylor is the nicest packer I have ever met.

Don hutson is a favorite of mine.

Reggie, while I disagreed with him as far as personal views go was also one of my favorites.

Of the current packers of course DD.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my top 5 favorite players:
1. James Lofton
2. Chuck Cecil
3. Wayne Simmons
4. Leroy Butler
5. Edgar Bennett

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As of now:
1. Brett Favre
2. Donald Driver
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Reggie White
5. Greg Jennings

HM: LeRoy Butler

These are people I visualize playing as I am just 27...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bart Starr - Been through the mill in life and is still a class act.
Reggie White - Great man all around.
Dave Robinson - Gracious man let my boys hold his Super Bowl rings.
Donald Driver - Proof positive a man can overcome his past.
Vince Lombardi - (not a player) Great man who also was on the cutting edge of civil rights.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White - also one of my favorite humans
Don Hutson - One of footballs greatest ever. He was the Gretzski/Jordan of his day in that he dominated and rewrote the record book.
Ray Nitchke - A great player with a great attitude, yet he was such a kind/easy going guy in his later years
Bart Starr - another outstanding human and who was a leader of so many great championship teams
Tough for #5 Can make a case for Herb Adderly, Jerry Kramer, Jim Taylor, Paul Hornung, and Willie Davis. Will go with Willie as he might be underrated of all the NFL greats.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts