All this Randy Moss but what about Darrell Jackson?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darrell Jackson

Jackson had over 900 yards and 10 touchdowns in 13 games. He has questionable hands but he is a good fit in the west coast offense. Ted Thompson is familar with him and maybe a 2nd day draft pick is enough to get him as Seattle I believe wants to clear up cap.

Jackson is expected to be on the trading block. Packers and Seahawks have a history of making deals.

I think this is something to look at.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is news I am happy to hear, Jackson would be a much better player than moss.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can't hang onto the ball why should we waste a trade on him?

I didn't see him have much trouble holding on to the ball. Although I didn't watch the seahawks much.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson does have a bit of a dropping problem, and doesn't exactly have vertical speed. Not a bad player, though.

Reaction score
Doesn't he have a tendency to get injured though?

He is a big time player, when Engram and K-Rob weren't around 2 years ago, D-Jack stepped up (and got me some great fantasy points :D ).

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you guys make him sound bad. Although his stats look nice.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
One name sounds better to me than Jackson or Moss... JOE HORN:) Talented and motivated, plus won't be a long term cap nightmare that Moss or Jackson might be.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson and Horn are both good receiver. If I had to chose though I'd say Horn.

1 Driver
2 Horn
3 Jennings
4 Martin

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andre Rison was a nice acquisition who chipped in at the end of his career, along side of young/unproven reciever Antonio Freeman, who bloomed first-second year

Driver, Jennings, Horn...this could work a lot, and Horn has height and leaping ability, he'll be a more prevalent end zone target...72 career td's

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horn wants a big pay day. The only way he'll leave New Orleans is if he can get good market value. I'm not sure at his age if he's worth that. I rather have Jackson or Moss over Horn.

If Horn can't find good value on the market then he'll probably resign with New Orleans.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think he burnt that bridge by criticizing Sean Payton... :lol:

The Saints GM said the door is open. Horn does have a strong connection with the people of that city and the city itself.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think he burnt that bridge by criticizing Sean Payton... :lol:

The Saints GM said the door is open. Horn does have a strong connection with the people of that city and the city itself.
Yeah........but when you criticize the head coach, you don't score any points. He might be resigned, but how much will the coach try to get a little payback on him for his comments?

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing Horn and Jackson, Jackson missed a lot of games 2 years ago due to injury and 3 last year. Horn missed 3 two years ago but missed 6 last year. Jackson is 6 years younger than Horn (35) but does drop about 10 percent of the passes thrown to him.

Horn's Stats from STATS.com

Jackson's Stats from STATS.com

I think Horn's problem may have been more of a youth movement on the Saints. Colston came out big early in the year and Bush covered for him when he got hurt late in the year. Brees seemed to have a better chemistry with the 2 rookies so the "old man" got pushed out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah......and Horn is 35? Thats getting up there for a WR. Of course Jerry Rice was pretty good in later years. I just don't know if he would be worth alot of money though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts