All right! Now Brett's back so how about...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon Walker? Do we trade him? Still?

How will this change the trade strategy?

Do we select more O-line and a top flight receiver or do we hope Walker comes back?

Or do we let Brett do his thing with what we've got and draft Defense?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
regardless that the draft is in like three days, i bet the office is busy trying to get a deal worked out with javon. if they can get a new contract worked out, great. if they can't, great. it's a good thing i don't work in the front office, cuz im through worrying about javon

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Walker is coming back either way. He has burned his bridges here. And he doesn't like Favre, so i don't think he will suit up for GB.
Just my opinion.

967travis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I believe walkers days in green bay are numbered..I still think the kid has great upside, just has to adjust is mindset...with that said do we go after Jackon the wr out of florida, great hands and speed...

Mauk10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before....
"Now that Brett's back" let's switch the first game of the season with the last game of the season. That way Brett can finish his career beating the Bears in Green Bay. Kinda sucks he's gonna have to play his last game in the house of the enemy.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok if JW is out of the equation who will be our #1 reciever, Donald? I think this is a to big of a job for him... Gardner??? a number 2 o3 3 receiver tops..... Boerigter???? Gime a break..

We need some weapons for the ofense !!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD is more than capable of being the No. 1. I don't know why people don't think he can handle the job. Even when Walker was around I always thought of DD as the 1. Jwalk had one good year, DD has been doing it consistently for several. The problem is not who's going to be the 1, it's who's going to be the 2.

Gardner is a legitimate 2. He was a borderline 1 in Washington for a few years. The guy has started in this league for 4 years previous to going to Carolina. He has had a 1000 yard season and a year with 13 TD's. Two years ago Gardner would have been a no-brainer as a 2. His stint in Carolina hurt him dramatically, but he has proven himself as at least a viable #2 in this league.

Boerichter as a 3-4 would be great. His size against a nickel back is a matchup I am salivating over

Fergy is Fergy, he has some experience though it's sad that he has plateaued at a 3-4 reciever.

Lee/Franks both are nice targets and if MM learns to use these guys in the middle of the field, and not just the red zone, Favre has solid recievers all around him.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the year that Walker did awesome Donald was very close to him stat wise. He is capable of holding up the number 1 spot quite well. Number 2 spot is the much bigger question mark. Gardner hasn't shown a whole lot in his NFL career so far but then again he hasn't been a bust. Maybe he can have a breakout year with Favre throwing to him.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is the key. Gardner needs to play well and be a threat so DD can get free.

I like Gardner. He was in Washington where the passing game was screwed up. Ramsey,etc, could never run what Spurrier wanted. It was a disaster. He has reached 1000 yards and 13 TD's in a season before, no reason he can't come close to those numbers once again.That would be awesome.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Ok if JW is out of the equation who will be our #1 reciever, Donald? I think this is a to big of a job for him... Gardner??? a number 2 o3 3 receiver tops..... Boerigter???? Gime a break..

People like you always find something to complain about...

Ted Thompson was obviously trying to force Brett Favre out...last night that fell by the wayside, and now, what is the anti-TT stable's arguement gonna be..."we're trying to embarass brett in his last season"

Give Thompson a break--who was available in free agency, Antwaan Randle El (who signed a large contract), and Jabar Gaffney who went with the Eagles--both of whom signed long before the Walker blow-up occured...

Terrence Murphy getting hurt is completely Ted Thompson's fault, he obviously directed him to get hit with his head hurt just to screw over Brett if he so chose to come back this year

here's how I see our recieving core
Javon Walker-huge question mark, no one knows at this point, even if he returns

Donald Driver-Still Brett's favorite target
Rod Gardner-Had great potential out of college, didnt live up to it with Washington, didn't sign a huge deal so it prob won't go to his head
Marc Boeritger-I've seen him make some big catches for KC
Robert Ferguson-Hopefully he can get away from his apprehensiveness last year and catch some balls in traffic again

People are forgetting that the return of Ahman Green, and the emergence of Donald Lee will account for more passes this year

Having a healthy backfield will account for less times having to throw the ball

I'm not saying reciever isn't a need, but I think given the factors surrounding this offense, we don't need a "#1" either a draft pick, or if not, look for someone decent to be cut after june 1st

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Chamuko said:

Ted Thompson was obviously trying to force Brett Favre out...last night that fell by the wayside, and now, what is the anti-TT stable's arguement gonna be..."we're trying to embarass brett in his last season"

Give Thompson a break--who was available in free agency, Antwaan Randle El (who signed a large contract), and Jabar Gaffney who went with the Eagles--both of whom signed long before the Walker blow-up occured...

Terrence Murphy getting hurt is completely Ted Thompson's fault, he obviously directed him to get hit with his head hurt just to screw over Brett if he so chose to come back this year

Rod Gardner-Had great potential out of college, didnt live up to it with Washington, didn't sign a huge deal so it prob won't go to his head
Robert Ferguson-Hopefully he can get away from his apprehensiveness last year and catch some balls in traffic again

People are forgetting that the return of Ahman Green, and the emergence of Donald Lee will account for more passes this year

I'm not saying reciever isn't a need, but I think given the factors surrounding this offense, we don't need a "#1" either a draft pick, or if not, look for someone decent to be cut after june 1st

Javon....I usually agree with you but you are off on this one. We DO need some weapons at wideout. I think TT will probably get someone to help out. If you are comfortable with Borighter or Ferguson ...God bless you. There is a reason Bo couldn't get a contract better than one year near the minimum.

Lastly, just because Favre is coming back in no way means that TT wanted him back. Favre is much bigger than TT and like it or not TT had no control over whether Brett came back or not. I'm not saying he tried to force Brett out but he did nothing to bring him back. People can draw their own conclusions. I DO think McCarthy is glad that Brett came back.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Chamuko said:

yep and more bubba franks in the redzone, and Gadomania running wild on you, brother.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you are nitpicking over the number 3 reciever? Boeritger should be an upgrade over Chatman at the 3 spot because of his size. It isn't like the Packers are expecting him to carry the team, just be a capable number 3 reciever. We could certainly afford to get a little deeper at reciever. Ferguson does nothing for me and if one of our main guys gets injured we may be in trouble.

I also don't understand how anybody can still say Ted Thompson didn't want Favre back. If the reports are credible that Favre told Thompson that he was going to retire and Thompson told him to take his time to make the decision then that blows that insane theory out of the water. If that happened and TT didn't want him then there would of been his perfect chance to get out of it looking good.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, I'm not against getting another reciever, definitely not, I want Stovall round 2 or Hagan round 3...but I'm not faulting the GM for not doing anything over free agency because the market for recieving has sucked

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
JavonWalker084 said:
Chamuko said:

Javon....I usually agree with you but you are off on this one. We DO need some weapons at wideout. I think TT will probably get someone to help out. If you are comfortable with Borighter or Ferguson ...God bless you. There is a reason Bo couldn't get a contract better than one year near the minimum.

Lastly, just because Favre is coming back in no way means that TT wanted him back. Favre is much bigger than TT and like it or not TT had no control over whether Brett came back or not. I'm not saying he tried to force Brett out but he did nothing to bring him back. People can draw their own conclusions. I DO think McCarthy is glad that Brett came back.

Who were we supossed to get though for Brett. Randel El signed a big deal. Brandon Lloyd was traded for a 3rd round pick. Eric Moulds was traded as well. Johnson signed a pretty nice size contract at all and had his heart set on Carolina.

How about Vernon Davis in the Draft. 4.35 speed.. Can be used as a WR and TE. Can stretch the field. 40 inch vert. That's a nice weapon. I'm sure MM can think of some creative ways to use him. Davis, Franks and Driver would be solid. Then all we need is for one of the 3 WR's Fergy, Boerigter, and Gardner to emerge. Favre alone will probably make them look better. He always has..

At #5 we're in position to take Davis but do we pass on the BPA in Davis (in my opinion) for a very solid outside LB. That's the question right now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
randle el is also smaller than what our QB\Coaches like.

I'm all for getting a WR in the 3rd round (after Hawk and a Guard in the first 2 rounds).

But insane theories is what packerforum.com is all about. embrace it, the theories wont be going anywhere(unfortunately).

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Chris Chester, Charles Spencer, and Greg Eslinger almost certain to fall to 3, I think an offensive weapon is the way to go in 2. Mangold will be off the board, and I feel like Joseph, Jean-Giles, and Lutui are all reaches at 36 overall. WRs Stovall, Williams, and Hagan along with TE Pope would be good pickups here.

Everyone's been raving about how good Vernon Davis is, but Pope is 6'8" with outstanding timed speed for his size and more impressive college stats.

I believe that an offensive weapon should be the priority in 2, because the WR/TE class just isn't as deep as the interior line class.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
JavonWalker084 said:
Chamuko said:

Who were we supossed to get though for Brett. Randel El signed a big deal. Brandon Lloyd was traded for a 3rd round pick. Eric Moulds was traded as well. Johnson signed a pretty nice size contract at all and had his heart set on Carolina.

How about Vernon Davis in the Draft. 4.35 speed.. Can be used as a WR and TE. Can stretch the field. 40 inch vert. That's a nice weapon. I'm sure MM can think of some creative ways to use him. Davis, Franks and Driver would be solid. Then all we need is for one of the 3 WR's Fergy, Boerigter, and Gardner to emerge. Favre alone will probably make them look better. He always has..

At #5 we're in position to take Davis but do we pass on the BPA in Davis (in my opinion) for a very solid outside LB. That's the question right now.

We've been through this. If I mention T.O. whom Brett has also mentioned recently (hmmmm) this thread will go to pot.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
With Chris Chester, Charles Spencer, and Greg Eslinger almost certain to fall to 3, I think an offensive weapon is the way to go in 2. Mangold will be off the board, and I feel like Joseph, Jean-Giles, and Lutui are all reaches at 36 overall. WRs Stovall, Williams, and Hagan along with TE Pope would be good pickups here.

Everyone's been raving about how good Vernon Davis is, but Pope is 6'8" with outstanding timed speed for his size and more impressive college stats.

I believe that an offensive weapon should be the priority in 2, because the WR/TE class just isn't as deep as the interior line class.

Maurice Stovall has comparable size to Vernon Davis and more importantly is used to running wide receiver routes, and even more imporantly we won't spend the fifth pick on him

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mauk10 said:
I've said it before....
"Now that Brett's back" let's switch the first game of the season with the last game of the season. That way Brett can finish his career beating the Bears in Green Bay. Kinda sucks he's gonna have to play his last game in the house of the enemy.

No one has said it's his last season...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has announced earlier that if he wasn't going to retire then this would be his last season. There is always the chance that he could change his mind but I wouldn't really count on it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pope is a good idea in round 2 if he is still around....probally not happening though... dude is 6'7 6'8 somehting like that and fast huge freakin target

stovall would be my pick if not pope in the second.... a freaking offensive lineman that isnt all that good in the second round is ridiculous. we cant overrate players just becasue we want a guard more.... i say either stovall or pope in the second and maybe a small school receiver in the second day.

and if we sniff the playoffs but cant manage a solid playoff run, and brett thinks one more year we can make it to the superbowl... you better believe hes coming back again

Members online

Latest posts