ALL recent another head coach options merged-- preMM firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to a radio show one day and they were talking about being up in Green Bay and asked if they could see Rodgers Brace. Now maybe I heard them wrong, but I swear one of them said it weighed 92 pounds! If that is true, I'm shocked he could even still run.
Yikes! Had to have a couple of big benign fluid capsules removed from behind my knee a few years ago. Had pushed my ligament way around my knee, and the bones out almost an inch. Anyhow, the brace I got after was all nylon and some kind of carbon fiber/plastic composite. Couldn’t bust it with a sledge hammer. Weighed about a pound or so at most. My ortho doc at the va was an old ex pro hockey player and a pro team doc. He said it was the same brace pro athletes get. Just thinkin.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
awwww, passive aggressive turns aggressive. Shocking LOL

You come in here saying the QB is fine, the team is fine, we're not winning so it's the coaches fault. I pointed out you may have missed a few important details and you come back with some childish quips about therapy and benevolence LOL I could only assume you forgot to turn in your creative writing assignment. Anyway, I've been called worse and if you can't handle a few comments back, don't start.
Buffy, I challenge anyone on here to go back and get the same interpretation. You seem to be a nut who lives in their own la la land, probably has no friends... just people appeasing you and trying to find an excuse to get away, and... you’re still just an ***.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffy, I challenge anyone on here to go back and get the same interpretation. You seem to be a nut who lives in their own la la land, probably has no friends... just people appeasing you and trying to find an excuse to get away, and... you’re still just an ***.
oh, ok LOL

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw.... no broke collar bone and a pretty much intact team this year....if the teams not good enough.. the coach put it together... if the team is good enough and not winning... the coach isn’t doing something right. Bottom line.

Clearly you're implying the strength and conditioning coach is to blame?

LOL any more assignments you'd like to post?

Reaction score
Not just his mechanics, but his brain as well. That knee has been on his mind a lot I would imagine and he has had to figure out ways to do his job wearing a heavy brace and the fear of having it hit on almost any play.

THIS! I believe that his knee is maybe at 90% physically. More than good enough to be great. However! I think the mental part is what has kept him from looking like himself. The knee is in his head if you will. If he can move past that mentally, expect his accuracy and decision making to be much more precise and quicker.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh, ok LOL
Gotta admit Buffy... you got me laughing at what a complete little crazy moron you are.
Hey... unlike you... I can afford a plane ticket. Want to meet and discuss things? You know... man to Buffy...might be fun.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta admit Buffy... you got me laughing at what a complete little crazy moron you are.
Hey... unlike you... I can afford a plane ticket. Want to meet and discuss things? You know... man to Buffy...might be fun.
you got me, in addition to having no friends, can't afford a ticket out of LaLa land, and being a crazy moron, I also have to lie to chicks to laid, I'm a pathetic loser. The saddest part is, I never learned to read. You on the other hand are obviously a well adjusted adult who responds well to a little criticism.

anyway, why don't you get that ticket and make like a tree, and get outta here :)

If you'd care to explain what you really meant by your statement I quoted earlier feel free because this moron interpreted as you blaming the coach, bottom line.

Reaction score
Knock it off you two this is embarrassing. Anyway back to Favre becoming the next head coach... kidding!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knock it off you two this is embarrassing. Anyway back to Favre becoming the next head coach... kidding!
you've obviously never been de-pants'd after swimming in the pool. this is nothing. I've done way worse, but I would never do something like suggest Favre become our next head coach

Reaction score
you've obviously never been de-pants'd after swimming in the pool. this is nothing. I've done way worse, but I would never do something like suggest Favre become our next head coach

LOL I had to do something to liven up this forum. Its been a slow week!

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you got me, in addition to having no friends, can't afford a ticket out of LaLa land, and being a crazy moron, I also have to lie to chicks to laid, I'm a pathetic loser. The saddest part is, I never learned to read. You on the other hand are obviously a well adjusted adult who responds well to a little criticism.

anyway, why don't you get that ticket and make like a tree, and get outta here :)

If you'd care to explain what you really meant by your statement I quoted earlier feel free because this moron interpreted as you blaming the coach, bottom line.
Pretty much the response I expected buff. Glad you can admit to your faults, but probably better telling them to a qualified shrink than football comment board.
Ya know Buffy, opinions are opinions. I don’t mind people having opposite opinions or disagreeing. Actually can reflect, draw conclusions, and learn from others ideas. And as I’ve been around the block in life from this side of the tracks and the other side... I certainly know the difference between some good old trash talk, and just plain rude insulting behavior. You represent the latter plain and simple. Have a great day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I am encouraged you seem open to trying to identify rude and insulting behavior.

anyway, Shrinks cost too much, but my mother's broadband is free and everyone is already here.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nice to see that some got their shots of testosterone right on time this week :coffee::rolleyes:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yikes! Had to have a couple of big benign fluid capsules removed from behind my knee a few years ago. Had pushed my ligament way around my knee, and the bones out almost an inch. Anyhow, the brace I got after was all nylon and some kind of carbon fiber/plastic composite. Couldn’t bust it with a sledge hammer. Weighed about a pound or so at most. My ortho doc at the va was an old ex pro hockey player and a pro team doc. He said it was the same brace pro athletes get. Just thinkin.

Not sure if you are trying to imply that once Rodgers was "patched up and braced" he should have just been able to move forward and play at his same level? If you are thinking that is the case, then you aren't thinking too clear. No pun intended, but it was painfully obvious that the knee was limiting AR and his movements, along with the way he was planting his feet to throw.

I just don't get why there are people who don't understand that the knee injury had a big impact on him and just because the brace is now off, it probably isn't magically at 100% nor has the fear of aggravating it gone away.

I'm not going to sit here and blame the 3-4-1 season solely on the injury, I think there has been enough done wrong by other players, coaches, refs, bad luck, etc. but those thinking this is the same AR as the one playing a few years ago, it isn't.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if you are trying to imply that once Rodgers was "patched up and braced" he should have just been able to move forward and play at his same level? If you are thinking that is the case, then you aren't thinking too clear. No pun intended, but it was painfully obvious that the knee was limiting AR and his movements, along with the way he was planting his feet to throw.

I just don't get why there are people who don't understand that the knee injury had a big impact on him and just because the brace is now off, it probably isn't magically at 100% nor has the fear of aggravating it gone away.

I'm not going to sit here and blame the 3-4-1 season solely on the injury, I think there has been enough done wrong by other players, coaches, refs, bad luck, etc. but those thinking this is the same AR as the one playing a few years ago, it isn't.
Nope, wasn’t implying he lost some mobility. But he was mobile enough. Posted before that a lot of other great QB’s have adjusted for age and injury and kept right on winning. Packers haven’t adjusted their game at all and seems all still cross their fingers AR will go on the run and pull great plays out of thin air. Crazy thing is, he still does at times. But I do agree, his mobility is down.... problem is he’s still stuck with a team and plan that depends on it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nope, wasn’t implying he lost some mobility. But he was mobile enough. Posted before that a lot of other great QB’s have adjusted for age and injury and kept right on winning. Packers haven’t adjusted their game at all and seems all still cross their fingers AR will go on the run and pull great plays out of thin air. Crazy thing is, he still does at times. But I do agree, his mobility is down.... problem is he’s still stuck with a team and plan that depends on it.

Fair enough. I have more issues with things that the Packers should be controlling. Play calling, clock management, silly penalties, costly fumbles. Can't change Rodgers health, it is what it is. But this team looks flat and lifeless at times and the mental mistakes are just making me think McCarthy and the other coaches aren't getting through to their players.

If I am Gute my next message is to have Zook gone. First shot fired at coaches who don't seem to have their players playing smart or well. Way too many special teams errors so far this season and nothing special in return. During this long stretch run of decent teams, one thing that has been an Achilles heel for the most part has been special teams. I would say if you put their accomplishments on a scale, it would strongly lean way over to the "bad side". Slocum was pathetic and Zook hasn't done anything that great and just strengthens my conviction of how important the special teams units are.....if not making a positive impact on a game, at least not having multiple negative ones.

Last edited:

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. I have more issues with things that the Packers should be controlling. Play calling, clock management, silly penalties, costly fumbles. Can't change Rodgers health, it is what it is. But this team looks flat and lifeless at times and the mental mistakes are just making me think McCarthy and the other coaches aren't getting through to their players.

If I am Gute my next message is to have Zook gone. First shot fired at coaches who don't seem to have their players playing smart or well. Way too many special teams errors so far this season and nothing special in return. During this long stretch run of decent teams, one thing that has been an Achilles heel for the most part has been special teams. I would say if you put their accomplishments on a scale, it would strongly lean way over to the "bad side". Slocum was pathetic and Zook hasn't done anything that great and just strengthens my conviction of how important the special teams units are.....if not making a positive impact on a game, at least not having multiple negative ones.
Pokerbrats always has great insight. I agree 100%. The packers do look like kids who just lost their favorite toy on the field. And that’s a coaching thing. If firing the weakest link is what’s needed to wake them up, then fine.
I’d also like to see just a little stunting on defense. Clay Mathews is like Carmen San Diego. His main function used to be getting to the qb. Only time he’s getting there these days is running up from behind five seconds into a play. That hurried/pressured stat is a lot more meaningful than sacks. Check the packers and it’s about 0. Brady wasn’t very mobile... stood there all day. I think the only time he went down, an odd packer broke through and Brady didn’t even bother trying to get away, he just curled into a ball, laid down and waited to be touched. AR has defense all over him before he even gets the ball.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m just going to stick my nose in here... since you did challenge others to comment on our interpretation.... If they haven’t already ... I’m expecting the mods to step in here ... and the results aren’t going to be in your favor considering the insults and threats.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m just going to stick my nose in here... since you did challenge others to comment on our interpretation.... If they haven’t already ... I’m expecting the mods to step in here ... and the results aren’t going to be in your favor considering the insults and threats.
Threats? Never any threats. Also almost sure that after letting two of your, I mean his insults pass, I was somehow entitled to toss back one of my own after his third. And then he kept going, and I responded. Took you a while to get that new log in name.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Threats? Never any threats. Also almost sure that after letting two of your, I mean his insults pass, I was somehow entitled to toss back one of my own after his third. And then he kept going, and I responded. Took you a while to get that new log in name.
lmao... even the tiniest amount of research on this board would show you that Mondio and I are not the same person. But frankly I’m doubting you will be here much longer with this attitude.

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao... even the tiniest amount of research on this board would show you that Mondio and I are not the same person. But frankly I’m doubting you will be here much longer with this attitude.
Don’t flatter yourself. I clicked your profile prior. It was a sarcastic jab. Obviously you and Buffy are twins in thought and attitude. Btw... I’m straight up only answering the two of you gals insults. Haven’t started anything, but I’m certainly not running away from anything. You two stop... I stop. Simple as that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers has been slightly limited for sure, but it is pretty naive to simply blame his knee for where we're at this season. If one players knee is the difference between looking mediocre or looking like a contender then that team is obviously quite flawed to being with.
What team have you been watching for the past several years? This is what the Packers have been known for. If Rodgers is ordinary, the Packers do nothing. If he's great, we're contenders.

Like it or not, this has been the Green Bay Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts