All-Pros

Reaction score
Let's hear it for De'vondre Campbell! First team All pro! Also, Rogers and Adams made it.
Wow. He’s such a fantastic signing. I also noticed this..
the Packers best touted ILB in 55 years

Campbell is the Packers’ first linebacker to be voted to the first-team All-Pro team since Ray Nitschke in 1966.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hear it for De'vondre Campbell! First team All pro! Also, Rogers and Adams made it.
Did anybody have an inkling that Campbell was playing at an all pro level? I mean pretty good yeah, but all pro?

Not to pee in the kool-aid, but with the cap situation, and him being an all pro, he might have just played his way out of GB.

No way packers will be able to afford to keep him.. now.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm excited about Campbell being named an All-Pro but agree with coulomb that it will most likely make it even tougher to re-sign him in the offseason.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody have an inkling that Campbell was playing at an all pro level? I mean pretty good yeah, but all pro?

Not to pee in the kool-aid, but with the cap situation, and him being an all pro, he might have just played his way out of GB.

No way packers will be able to afford to keep him.. now.
Always think back to the pre-free agency days, when we could smile after finding a gem, knowing they'd be playing for the Pack next year, too.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always think back to the pre-free agency days, when we could smile after finding a gem, knowing they'd be playing for the Pack next year, too.

Yeah, those days are gone.. The more i think about it, they did a real dis-service to the pack by making him an all pro. Would have liked to see him stick around.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, those days are gone.. The more i think about it, they did a real dis-service to the pack by making him an all pro. Would have liked to see him stick around.
I'm not sure it would have mattered much but maybe.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Campbell, but I feel Barry deserves a LOT of credit here too! As does Gute for finding the "right guy" at the "right time"

Barry is/was known to be a LBer coach as his "special area"

Can it be coincidence that we finally get a competent, albeit All Pro ILBer, when Barry takes over as Defensive Coordinator after many, many years of subpar play at ILBer?

I think not

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was nice for the NFL to announce all pro for Campbell but not pro bowl for the nfc. Still think something doesnt stink there? Hmm. Keep Campbell at all costs - he's extremely valuable and the finest ILB this team has had in over 20 years.

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Campbell, but I feel Barry deserves a LOT of credit here too! As does Gute for finding the "right guy" at the "right time"

Barry is/was known to be a LBer coach as his "special area"

Can it be coincidence that we finally get a competent, albeit All Pro ILBer, when Barry takes over as Defensive Coordinator after many, many years of subpar play at ILBer?

I think not
Also OLB’s Gary and Preston Smith elevated their game from last season. Gary doesn’t have double digit sacks, but he’s well rounded and very disruptive (as seen in his QB hits and hurries). With just a few exceptions he’s a good Edge setter

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we can awesome the same for Rodger and Adams.

It was pretty obvious to everyone around the league that Rodgers and Adams were elite players long before either of them being named All-Pro. With Campbell that might have changed the opinion of a lot of people on him.

That was nice for the NFL to announce all pro for Campbell but not pro bowl for the nfc. Still think something doesnt stink there? Hmm.

There are different people voting on All-Pro and the Pro Bowl.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was nice for the NFL to announce all pro for Campbell but not pro bowl for the nfc. Still think something doesnt stink there? Hmm. Keep Campbell at all costs - he's extremely valuable and the finest ILB this team has had in over 20 years.
Free agency and salary cap make this nearly impossible

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What stinks is the pro bowl. Fans vote multiple times and for their favorite players not the best ones. Players vote, if they do, for their friends or have other people fill out their ballots. The coaches vote is probably the most accurate but even they vote for the players they have seen if they do vote. I'm sure that there are players and coaches who actually put thought into it but unless a team played the Packers who would have heard of Campbell. He wasn't in the Pro Bowl before so he can't be any good unless he's setting all kinds of records.

All pro is voted on by a select group of sports writers who have access to all the players bios and are, in theory, unbiased. Of course we all know that they are not completely unbiased but I don't think too many players are voted to the all pro team that are not at least deserving. There may be another player who might arguably be more deserving but most likely you are not going to get a Jeff Saturday making all pro in 2012 like he made the pro bowl. These voters may have their favorites and they may even vote for them over another player but a more deserving player usually gets more votes.

As far as keeping Campbell at all costs, that may not be possible, well it would be possible but it might be pretty foolish since another team with a lot more cap space may offer him a lot more money than it would be wise for the Packers to match.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the at all costs crowd.
1. Extend Rodgers
2. Sign Adams
3. Extend Jaire
4. Sign Campbell
5. Sign Douglas
did I miss anyone?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And also resign Rodgers, and Davante, and, and, at all costs… wait… unfortunately, this is all contradictory…. but yeah … I’d love to keep Campbell too.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts