All Pro team

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King put out his list of all pros with the NFLs list I am sure to follow. What do you guys think? Only 1 packer made the list. Fair? What would your list look like?

WR: Calvin Johnson, Detroit; Roddy White, Atlanta. Sorry, Brandon Lloyd and Reggie Wayne. You're both deserving. I just loved the year Johnson had in scraping together 77 catches and 12 touchdowns with subpar quarterbacks throwing to him.

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Jax. Over Antonio Gates because Gates missed so much time.

T: Jake Long, Miami; Marshal Yanda, Baltimore. I went tough at tackle. Two warriors here, particularly Long, who played so much of the year with a torn labrum.

G: Ryan Lilja, K.C.; Rich Seubert, Giants. Seubert's here, edging Brandon Moore of the Jets, because I thought he had a superb year of versatility. Seubert started 7 games at center, so it is difficult for me to exclude someone who played 16 games at the guard position, but he was such a versatile fireman for the Giants, he definitely deserved a place on this team.

C: Alex Mack, Cleveland. Doubt this? Watch the job Mack did on Vince Wilfork in the Browns' beatdown of the Patriots.

QB: Tom Brady, New England.

RB: Arian Foster, Houston. Won the rushing title and caught the ball well out of the backfield. Even so, I thought long and hard about Jamaal Charles here.

FB: Ovie Mughelli, Atlanta. Blocks as well as any fullback in the game. Huge edge for Michael Turner.
All-Pro Defense

DE: Vince Wilfork, NE; Julius Peppers, Chicago. Wilfork played everywhere on the Pats' line, and played everywhere well.

NT: Kyle Williams, Buffalo. No other nose man is the combo pile-pusher and backfield invader that Williams is.

DT: Jonathan Babineaux, Atlanta. Love how he moves so powerfully through guard-tackle and guard-center holes. He's one of the long-overdue guys to get credit for the Falcons' defense.

OLB: Clay Matthews, Green Bay; Cameron Wake, Miami. Two tremendous pass rushers who don't take plays off. Pretty hard to not put Terrell Suggs somewhere on this team, but these guys, I thought, were two of the most dangerous rush 'backers in the league this year.

ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh. Represents James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley here. Could have picked any of the three. Love the way Timmons moves sideline to sideline and covers as well as any other inside 'backer.

MLB: Ray Lewis, Baltimore. Don't believe the hype that this is it for Lewis. He played great this year.

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland; Devin McCourty, NE. McCourty makes it because Darrelle Revis was just OK for much of the middle part of the year because of his bad hammy, and because I thought Brandon Flowers had a so-so end of the year. Tramon Williams also very close here.

FS: Chris Harris, Chicago. Edged Nick Collins of the Packers. The Bear-turned-Panther-turned-Bear-again is a strong open-field tackler and had big picks against the Eagles and Vikes.

SS: Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh. Missed two games and had a couple in which he had little impact because of his ankle/Achilles issues. Still the most instinctive safety in football.

2010 NFL All-Pros, awards ballot with Julius Peppers, Tom Brady - Peter King - SI.com

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, there's not another Packer I'd put on the list really. Tramon was great and deserved a pro bowl but I wouldn't put him in the top two at his position in the league. Although I am a bit surprised that he'd take McCourty over guys like Williams, Cromartie, Samuel, or Flowers.

Rodgers wouldn't make it because Brady was far and away the MVP of the league this year. That QB spot really isn't up for debate at all.

Packers have a lot of great players, but yeah I'd say only Matthews was really a surefire All Pro this year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon over the rookie mccourty in my opinion. But devin put up better stats.

I would put J Charles over Foster and maybe Bowe over White at WR

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? McCourty over Tramon? Kyle Williams over Raji? Seubert over Sitton?

East Cost bias right there for you.

He was accused of taking money from the packers this week by a few people on twitter this week. lol

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Really? McCourty over Tramon? Kyle Williams over Raji? Seubert over Sitton?

East Cost bias right there for you.

Kyle Williams is an absolute monster. I've watched the guy throw some of the best offensive linemen in the league around like ragdolls. Poor guy just has 0 supporting cast. He's the only good thing the Bills have going for them.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have I been sleeping on Lewis the TE out of Jax? There are so many good TEs is he really the best? I know most got hurt this year but wow

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a link to an article on nationalfootballpost.com. The author writes for the Chicago Tribune and put 4 Packers on his All Pro ballot (and not Aaron Rodgers, though he hinted he would have if the ballots didn't have to be turned in before the playoffs started).

His picks:
Clay Matthews
Tramon Williams
Josh Sitton
AJ Hawk (where did that one come from?)

One man's all-pro vote | National Football Post

AJ HAWK?!?! I cant imagine even hard core packer fans would pick him.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that might have been the worst all pro team ive seen ever put together... woodley at ilb? wilfork at de?.. guy almost sounds idiotic

Latest posts