ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is also a big test for Joe Flacco. If the Ravens lost this game the Ravens fans would explode. The Texans have a very underrated D though.

Yates may have issues too. Andre can bail him out but there will be pressure on him.

Both the Texans/Ravens can stop the run. Both the Texans/Ravens need to run the ball.:D Excited about this one. Ray Rice and Arian Foster are bad boys.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I hear your reasoning but I just can't see it. In fact, I will drink something shocking if New England loses. Something with real sugar in it...like a milkshake or a real (not diet) Coke. BOOM baby. Urine is for pikers...bring on the sugar.

I SWEAR I will do this. Do not doubt me.

I will hold you to it!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they're favored by 3. I'm not really surprised. They're a hot offense. I hope the Niner D is up to the task of stopping them.

Gonna be tough for the Niners to beat the red-hot Saints. I can see the Niner defense keeping the Saints from scoring their normal 40 points, but will they be able to hold them to 30 points? If they can't, it's gonna be hard for the Niner offense to keep pace with them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As much as I want to see Jim Harbaugh's team victorious I am expecting a Saints win. I hope I am wrong too. Win or lose though the Niners have had a great season and should continue improving.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Gonna be tough for the Niners to beat the red-hot Saints. I can see the Niner defense keeping the Saints from scoring their normal 40 points, but will they be able to hold them to 30 points? If they can't, it's gonna be hard for the Niner offense to keep pace with them.
Saints only score an average of 27 points on the road. 25 with without the 42 they put up against the Vikings. And if you take the Vikings and Packers game out, only 23 points a game. Not that impressive. That's 23 points a game against the following teams. Atlanta, Jacksonville, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Tennessee. Still think it will be tough for the Niners to keep up with them?

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just checking, Patriots are only 1-1 vs playoff teams and the sole win was vs denver. Denver was up 16-7 in that game as well, I am not sold on this game yet, I really believe Denver can win this game. Going to be a great game, and a inspirational story if Denver can keep going on this magical run.

D

Dan115

I was just checking, Patriots are only 1-1 vs playoff teams and the sole win was vs denver. Denver was up 16-7 in that game as well, I am not sold on this game yet, I really believe Denver can win this game. Going to be a great game, and a inspirational story if Denver can keep going on this magical run.

Looks like snow for this game.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints only score an average of 27 points on the road. 25 with without the 42 they put up against the Vikings. And if you take the Vikings and Packers game out, only 23 points a game. Not that impressive. That's 23 points a game against the following teams. Atlanta, Jacksonville, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Tennessee. Still think it will be tough for the Niners to keep up with them?
COOL! Can I double-like this?? :D

The Niners are capable of pulling off the win. But I'm trying not to get too excited. The disappointment is a b****! They are totally flying under the radar though. The only time they get mentioned in the media is when you see or hear "The Saints are headed to San Francisco. Drew Brees is setting records... "
I'm over that annoyance. The Niners can win some hearts and minds if they can send 'em marching HOME!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And for the heck of it. Based on Yards per game at NFL.com, those teams defensive rank. Atlanta. 12th, Jacksonville 8th, Carolina, 28th, Tampa Bay, 30th, St. Louis, 22nd, Tennessee, 18th. They do well at home but not so well on the road.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Denver also turned the ball over 3 times after a hot start. They ran all over the Pats at times too. Not sure what to predict or say anymore lol.

But, some interesting stuff from the WC game for people who might care:

Tebow's favorite verse in the bible is John 3:16

- "John" Fox called the play in overtime that won the game
-Tebow won over "John" Elway
- Tebow threw for 316 yards
- Tebow had 31.6 yards per attempt
- Ben Roethlisberger threw an interception on 3rd and 16.
-Steelers time of possession was 31:06
-Demaryius Thomas was born on Christmas Day
-The Final quarter hour of the television ratings for the game was 31.6
-If Steelers went for FG at end of regulation it would have been 66 yards by #6

Fun twist you don't have to care about:
-Tebow had three horrible games prior to this one, miraculously coming back from the dead to beat the Steelers, Christ was dead for 3 days before the resurrection.

What happens vs. Patriots? Well not much to notice yet but it's the perfect good vs. evil story. Josh McDaniels is back with NE and he drafted both Tebow and Thomas. Also this game is the 10th anniversary of the famous and controversial "Tuck Rule" game.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad the Broncos won against Pitt, though I'm not a Tebow fan (his proselytizing makes me too uncomfortable to even smile at his wins. It is the media's fault though). I hope the 9ers can challenge Brees and his stat padding. And I hope the Pack can win one for the Philbin family, even if I'm not certain the Pack can win this.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That "tuck rule" was the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen the refs get away with.
I just showed that to my 8-year old last night, in slow mo, and he said that was a fumble, as Brady had pump-faked. Then Woodson chopped the ball free.
Brady knew 100% at the moment it was a fumble. So did Wood and the rest of both teams who saw it.

I still refuse to give NE that Super Bowl. I have them at 2.
And I also have asterick's by the other 2 because it took the kicker to be the hero at the ends.
If they had Scott Norwood, Brady would just be Jim Kely, but less.

I root against the Patriots every single game because of that tuck rule.
And don't get be started on the Spygate, or about the arrogance, snide of Belichick. He's the same coach that was fired in Cleveland before he A) figured out how to cheat and B) got lucky with Tom Brady being there in the end of round 6.

What I do LOVE about Belichick though is his ego allowed Teddy Thompson to drybang him on draft day in both 2005 and 2009. Thompson fleeced him in 2005 and they took WR Chad Jackson with our pick (bust from Florida), and Teddy took Greg Jennings from Western Michigan with the Patriots later pick.... and then in 2009 Teddy took Clay Matthews with the Patriots late 2nd round pick.

Without Belichick's mega-ego, thus that help, we would not be where we are today with the Lombardi Trophy and a 15-1 record.
So thanks Little Bill.
But he's still a BeliPrick if you ask me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like Decker is out for the Broncos game. That cuts down their offense a good bit. I don't see them pulling this one out.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFC matchups kind of boring compared to the NFC ones imo....first time in a long while the NFC is better than the AFC.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COOL! Can I double-like this?? :D

The Niners are capable of pulling off the win. But I'm trying not to get too excited. The disappointment is a b****! They are totally flying under the radar though. The only time they get mentioned in the media is when you see or hear "The Saints are headed to San Francisco. Drew Brees is setting records... "
I'm over that annoyance. The Niners can win some hearts and minds if they can send 'em marching HOME!
I think the niners are going to win tomorrow...saints are a much different team on the road...If the niners matchup with the packers in the NFC championship game they have a better chance in GB than in SF imo..the packers are not meant for these elements...the niners are built much better for the cold imo.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think the niners are going to win tomorrow...saints are a much different team on the road...If the niners matchup with the packers in the NFC championship game they have a better chance in GB than in SF imo..the packers are not meant for these elements...the niners are built much better for the cold imo.
Cold is not a problem. Only thing that would be a problem would be a really, Really Strong wind. A-Rod has already proven he can throw in the cold (see Philly and Chicago last year). 10 day forecast for Championship game is 28 with snow showers and 8 mph winds, absolutely balmy GB weather. Best chance any team has to beat Green Bay is Keep them off the field (see Giants V Bills).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFC matchups kind of boring compared to the NFC ones imo....first time in a long while the NFC is better than the AFC.
True, but that was the case for a LOOOOOONG time thru 1996 when we won the Super Bowl, and then in the 97 season when we were about a 12-point favorite again over the AFC's Broncos.

Then Holmgren, Shurmur, and Farve eff'd it all up for us and the NFC.
And then Ron Wolf messed it up by drafting Von Holliday 3 months later instead of Randy Moss, which was a gift on a silver platter for us.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
True, but that was the case for a LOOOOOONG time thru 1996 when we won the Super Bowl, and then in the 97 season when we were about a 12-point favorite again over the AFC's Broncos.

Then Holmgren, Shurmur, and Farve eff'd it all up for us and the NFC.
And then Ron Wolf messed it up by drafting Von Holliday 3 months later instead of Randy Moss, which was a gift on a silver platter for us.

I was at that Draft (long story there) and everyone in the press area was talking about Moss and his bad attitude. It was well known even then. One story was that he flipped out and blew up at a clerk in a sports store at the combine because they didn't have a Marshall hat in stock.

I'm sure that's part of why a lot of teams decided he wasn't worth the trouble, in spite of his talent.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't go so far as denying the SB for them that season, but yeah, that was a clear fumble. Even under the tuck rule, that should be considered a fumble.

Brady knew it was a fumble after the game when he was smirking a bit and saying stuff like "Yeah I was throwing the ball."

Regardless, tomorrow night is 10 years since the Tuck Rule game happened. Not the same date but the same weekend/divisional round and time slot.

10 years ago the favored Raiders headed into NE to take on the underdog Patriots. To me the real hero after the Tuck Rule was Adam Vinatieri. His kick to send it to OT was nothing short of amazing.

It also has ironically been snowing the last few days off and on in MA. It had not really snowed since around Halloween.

The stage is set. Let's wait and see if the drama can unfold or not.

Members online

Latest posts