ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched an interview with Aaron Rodgers and he mentioned that the Lions are playing for the #5 seed. He said jt was important because they would play the NFC East leader instead kf the Saints or Niners. What iis the formula to determine who plays who? Obvoiusly we wont know who plays us till after round one...but still would be nice to know.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
#1 and #2 seed sit at home, eat popcorn and watch wildcard weekend.

#6 seed travels to #3 seed. #5 seed travels to #4 seed.

The lowest seeded winner travels to Lambeau, the highest seeded winner travels to #2 seed.

The winners play the NFC Championship game the next week at Lambeau.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically, if the Lions win or the Falcons lose, then the Lions will travel to either the cowboys or the giants, if they win in the wildcard game, chances are we will see them in the divisional round.

On the flipside if they lose and the Falcons win, then they would go face the saints in the wildcard and if they won that game they would face the niners.

Personally Id like to have them get the 6th seed and go into NO.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, I am less concerned with who the Packers are gonna play in the 2nd round than us being healthy and ready for it. Pack has some major things they need to improve on and some people to get back from injuries and ready before the playoffs start.

Getting Clifton and Bulaga back and improving the OL, Starks getting over the nagging ankle injuries giving us more of a running game, getting Jennings back and creating more one on one opportunities for our other receivers, getting Pickett back and stopping the run better....those are the things that are going to determine whether we win or lose.

If those things happen we'll be in good shape against either the Giants, Cowboys, Falcons or Lions in the 2nd round.

If we get that far then we can worry about the Saints who if you want to believe their fans, have already beaten GB and might as well be crowned NFC champs even as we speak.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lowest seed always plays the highest seed in each round. its a little different than a traditional bracket because the winner of the wildcard games can flip flop bracket spots depending on the outcome of the games.

For instance, last year, if we (#6) would have lost the wildcard game last year against the eagles (#3) the eagles would have played the bears (#2). But since we won we had to play the Falcons (#1) while the Seahawks (#4) got to play the Bears. If the saints (#5) would have won we still would have played the Falcons since we were the lower seed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched an interview with Aaron Rodgers and he mentioned that the Lions are playing for the #5 seed. He said jt was important because they would play the NFC East leader instead kf the Saints or Niners. What iis the formula to determine who plays who? Obvoiusly we wont know who plays us till after round one...but still would be nice to know.
We pull the qualifiers and opponents out of a hat.;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_playoffs

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This has probably been answered already, but it's fairly simple: the highest remaining seed will host the lowest remaining seed. Also, seeding doesn't change as the tournament progresses. If you come in as the #5 seed, you remain the #5 seed throughout the tournament. This makes it easy to figure out who goes where.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically, if the Lions win or the Falcons lose, then the Lions will travel to either the cowboys or the giants, if they win in the wildcard game, chances are we will see them in the divisional round.

Yes and maybe. Yes, if the Lions win and/or the Falcons lose, the Lions will clinch the #5 seed and a trip to the NFC East winner.

Right now the seeding is as follows:

1) Packers
2) 49ers*
3) Saints*
4) NFC East Champion
5) Lions*
6) Falcons*

As unlikely as it is, it's possible that after tomorrow the Saints and Niners flip spots as do the Lions and Falcons. For this purpose, let's assume the playoff seeding remains as they currently are.

The Falcons/Saints game is the game that decides who our opponent will be in the divisional round. With a Falcons win, they will travel to Lambeau as the lowest remaining seed in the playoffs taking on the highest remaining seed. A Falcons loss means the winner between the Lions/NFC East Champion will travel to Lambeau as they would be the lowest remaining seed in the playoffs.

Personally Id like to have them get the 6th seed and go into NO.

I'd actually like to see NO clinch the #2 seed and see a Niners/Lions re-match. With the fireworks displayed after the last game, that would make for some pretty epic theater.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I just don't want to happen to the Packers what happened to the Bears last year. To go to a division rival's home stadium and put them out of the playoffs.

I can already hear what the Bears fans will be saying if the Lions could do that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't want to happen to the Packers what happened to the Bears last year. To go to a division rival's home stadium and put them out of the playoffs.

I can already hear what the Bears fans will be saying if the Lions could do that.

I don't fear the Lions and don't think tomorrows game will be any indication of what we can expect, should we face them in the divisional round. They may win tomorrow, but they won't be playing most of our best players for most of the game.

Also remember, we were without Clifton when we faced both the Giants and the Lions. We'll have him back should we have to play either of them again, which will only help our offensive production.

Maybe someone can untie Suh's shoes again.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think the Niners will probably end up playing the Saints and the Packers will play the Falcons. Can't see the Lions beating Brees in the Dome and can't see either the Giants or Cowboys getting past the dirty birds.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this will be moved or merged.....

Packers will open by hosting the Lions or Falcons or Giants.

Thoughts?

Most would probably prefer the Falcons. Then a toss up with the Lions/Giants.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate playing any team 3 times in one season, and the giants are playing some decent football right now, they can rush the passer, and run the ball. IMO the formula to beat GB. Not to mention Eli chucks it up 50 yards and somehow someone always comes down with it. So I would have to go with ATL as well. Matt Ryan cant seem to out duel Rodgers as of late and I like our chances in a cold January Game in Lambeau. BRING IT ON!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends who is left standing by the time they get to us. Many of these teams have to get past the wildcard and 1st round before they even begin to think of the Packers. I'm thinking it's going to be the Falcons. The Saints are going to knock somebody off... This playoff scenario is actually harder to predict than I originally thought. I am going to call the NFC Championship game here and now with the Packers Vs Saints. I feel strongly about this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will be moved or merged.....

Packers will open by hosting the Lions or Falcons or Giants.

Thoughts?

Most would probably prefer the Falcons. Then a toss up with the Lions/Giants.

Merged with a thread about determine schedule

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It depends who is left standing by the time they get to us. Many of these teams have to get past the wildcard and 1st round before they even begin to think of the Packers. I'm thinking it's going to be the Falcons. The Saints are going to knock somebody off... This playoff scenario is actually harder to predict than I originally thought. I am going to call the NFC Championship game here and now with the Packers Vs Saints. I feel strongly about this.

Tough one. Depends on how well the Falcons can establish the run IMO vs. the Giants and control the tempo and I said the same before the Giants went to SF this year.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it before, and i will say it again. The giants are one team that the packers DO NOT want to see in the playoffs.

Falcons please!

Reaction score
We are either going to play the Giants, Falcons, or the Lions. Personally I want to play the falcons over the giants or the lions. Giants are good on the road and they have been there before. Lions are a division rival and have a very nice offense. Falcons personally I feel are the weakest team. I feel their defense is not very good and their offense is a **** and dunk offense. I feel they would be the easiest simply because we have had their number in the playoffs and their team is built to have the lead and to run the ball. They don't have the type of offense to comeback and air it out to score points. The Lions and the Giants would both possess this.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this order, Falcons, Lions, Giants. Would have flip flopped the lions and giants before last night, but I thought the Giants looked good last night against the cowboys.

Members online

Latest posts