ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Aw come on, Bill. It's the off-season. Let it descend ... Let it descend ... Let it descend ... come on everyone, join in with me ... :sneaky: ... get off that butt ... put those hands together ...

I'm not big into speculation and/or the usual stuff that fills the forum this time of year ... until August for GAWD'S sake ... :eek: . So, can we have like an entire week where there is nothing BUT name calling and stuff? Just to juice 'er up a weeee bit?? ;)

Pitchers and catchers report soon ... yawwwwn .... :sleep:

Behave yourself Weeds.....lol ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Feed the ego.

Btw, my intent was totally to spam this already overflowing forum with more filler... you know, because it's so overflowing.

Go making threats about spamming and I'd say your membership will be a very short one. Please don't do it.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks singing him would be a great move, because this defence needs an attitude, and he could bring it.
The defense showed an attitude for the most part during the second half of the season. That "attitide" also moved the ball from the 4 to the 19 when Mike Daniels ran 30 yards down field to jaw a Hawk up after HaHa's pick. Mike D doesn't get too many of those but he is the mouthpiece for the D. Barrington brings the wood and there are plenty of young guys that can step up as leaders in the years to come. Suh is a walking flag and I for one want no part of him. I do think he would help the D as he would probably do that for just about every team in the league. With that said I am proud of the fact that we make a concerted effort to bring in quality people that will represent both the team and community in a positive way. I am not touting us as some holier than thou organization as there are plenty of examples where guys who have made mistakes were given a second chance to turn things around. I am in the camp that believes this guy is a monster but just can't keep his head straight when the whistle blows...and after for that matter. He has rightfully earned his reputation and I don't want that stench anywhere near Lambeau. As I have said in an earlier post Suh is a great guy off the field by all accounts but the problem is he enjoys stomping on people and taking cheap shots by the dozen. I have disliked this guy for some time now and just can't imagine myself rooting for him. Moreover, I can't for the life of me see TT dropping the kind of chili on him that is going to be required to earn his services. Bring Raji back, keep coaching the young guys up, possibly bring in a FA guy or even look at a big boy in the draft like Jordan Phillips. We have a really good team that is on the verge of being great IMO. Stick with the draft and develop strategy and don't lose site of the fact that the character of the man is part of the equation as well. Just my 2 cents...

G P G!!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree TT isn't going to drop the coin on a FA that will come with a ridiculous price tag.

We do this every year with the top FA available. Did it with Mario Williams, did it with Revis, now doing it with Suh.

Very possible we sign a couple FAs this year but Suh won't be one of them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What amazes me about signing a player like Suh at that price, is the fact that its enough money to pay 2 players like Jordy and Randall with enough left over to bring in a serviceable FA. Is Suh an impact player? Most definitely, but is he worth that kind of money at that position? IMO no.

The beauty of the salary cap and the NFL.....spend wisely!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/05/nfl-offseason-jameis-winston-ndamukong-suh-deflategate/

His reasoning is interesting. He says he sees a team without many superstars to pay already going after him, which does not fit the Packers.

He also says he knows we will have other guys to pay in the next few years years like Rodgers and Jordy, but those two are already under contract for years. Basically, he thinks we could find a good spot for him and hurt the Lions at the same time.

Interesting reasoning aside, in no way should we go after Suh. Yes, he would be an upgrade, but for probably around $20 million a year, we'd be better off without him and being able to keep more of our own guys like Cobb, Buluga, and other free agents coming up.

Plus, giant free agents contracts are nowhere near guaranteed to work out and it would make us say goodbye to any compensatory picks next offseason.

In addition to seeking talent, Ted has been careful to bring in only those players he thinks fits the Packer lockeroom. I don't think Suh is one of those guys.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Tim Twentyman (Lions senior writer and Insider) the Lions won´t put the franchise tag on Suh after all.

It makes no sense for them to do so considering the price, but I never understood the tactic if they thought they were going to hold the threat of the franchise tag over Suh to get him to sign. Take our offer and don't go to FA, or we'll pay you $27M for just this one year and then you'll get to hit free agency in a year instead? Bummer.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rotoworld says the Redskins are interested in Suh. That's a perfect Daniel Snyder signing, blow the farm on one guy when you're 10 guys away from being a contender. Would work out great for the rest of the NFC as we'd just see Suh go somewhere to be wasted away on a team that won't win anyway.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's crazy season. I read somewhere that one of the teams going after Suh is...the Saints. With what? Aren't they still about a gazillion dollars over the cap?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the Saints would be interested in Forsett as well. No idea how they would pull that off though as they're still $16 million above the cap.

Well, if so, then they've learned nothing. They'll just be extending and worsening their current situation.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's crazy season. I read somewhere that one of the teams going after Suh is...the Saints. With what? Aren't they still about a gazillion dollars over the cap?

And I read somewhere that the moon is made of green cheese. I put about as much stock in that story as I do most of these stories by NFL "insiders"

The thing is there is no accountability in this type of reporting. Say the most ridiculous things and if you hit 1 out of 10 that's what people will remember and the more outlandish the claims are the more it helps the reporters stock when he does get one right.

For example, following the Marshal trade I saw two reports on Harvin. One said his position would not be affected by the arrival of Marshal and the other said he would be cut. One guy is right and the other is wrong and by this time next week no one will care either way. We will still be reading the reports of both of the reporters like nothing ever happened.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is though, that while some are just throwing out speculation, others turn out to be right.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is though, that while some are just throwing out speculation, others turn out to be right.

Even those just throwing out speculation are right on occasion. I do realize some are more accurate than others. Maybe they have more inside sources or maybe they just pay more attention to what is going on around them. For the most part I take anything said regarding NFL news with a large grain of salt.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even those just throwing out speculation are right on occasion. I do realize some are more accurate than others. Maybe they have more inside sources or maybe they just pay more attention to what is going on around them. For the most part I take anything said regarding NFL news with a large grain of salt.

And that's a good way to look at it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope it happens. I like him a lot in the AFC.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope it happens. I like him a lot in the AFC.

We just played Miami last year too, so we're only going to face Suh one time in the next 6 years if he spends the entire contract there, and not until 2018.

Unless it's in the Super Bowl, which I'm sure we will be fine with, because, well, we'd be in the Super Bowl.

andeftw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm laughing so hard at Lions fans (on their forum) hoping to get a 1st round compensatory pick next season...the fools don't realize the best they can get is pick #97...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with the Pack playing Miami last year they will probably only see Suh at most 2 more times ever but probably only once.

Members online

Latest posts