ALL Ndamukong Suh FA discussion

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/05/nfl-offseason-jameis-winston-ndamukong-suh-deflategate/

His reasoning is interesting. He says he sees a team without many superstars to pay already going after him, which does not fit the Packers.

He also says he knows we will have other guys to pay in the next few years years like Rodgers and Jordy, but those two are already under contract for years. Basically, he thinks we could find a good spot for him and hurt the Lions at the same time.

Interesting reasoning aside, in no way should we go after Suh. Yes, he would be an upgrade, but for probably around $20 million a year, we'd be better off without him and being able to keep more of our own guys like Cobb, Buluga, and other free agents coming up.

Plus, giant free agents contracts are nowhere near guaranteed to work out and it would make us say goodbye to any compensatory picks next offseason.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/05/nfl-offseason-jameis-winston-ndamukong-suh-deflategate/

His reasoning is interesting. He says he sees a team without many superstars to pay already going after him, which does not fit the Packers.

He also says he knows we will have other guys to pay in the next few years years like Rodgers and Jordy, but those two are already under contract for years. Basically, he thinks we could find a good spot for him and hurt the Lions at the same time.

Interesting reasoning aside, in no way should we go after Suh. Yes, he would be an upgrade, but for probably around $20 million a year, we'd be better off without him and being able to keep more of our own guys like Cobb, Buluga, and other free agents coming up.

Plus, giant free agents contracts are nowhere near guaranteed to work out and it would make us say goodbye to any compensatory picks next offseason.

He would bring some nasty to this D that is needed but there's no way we do it. Wonder how Lang would take this news lol

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Suh couldn't pay the Packers to sign him. TT would never sign a guy that plays that dirty against his own team. He also would not adapt well into a 3-4 at NT. He would have to play DE. We don't need a DE, and if we did for some reason decide to sign an expensive DE it would be Jason Pierre-Paul without a doubt.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Snowballs chance in hell that TT even thinks about signing Suh while taking his morning dump. Doesn't fit the system, too big of a salary AND a thug. Even if he was the second coming of Reggie White......I doubt he would be welcome in GB by players or fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

There´s no way Thompson will sign Suh, don´t feel the need to discuss that any further.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Snowballs chance in hell that TT even thinks about signing Suh while taking his morning dump. Doesn't fit the system, to big of a salary AND a thug. Even if he was the second coming of Reggie White......I doubt he would be welcome in GB by players or fans.

I have actually read that he couldn't be a nicer guy and very shy but he must just flip a switch on the field and become a maniac, either way don't want him. I may be way off on this but personally I don't think the guy is worth $20M per just my opinion I know he's very good but your talking about JJ Watt money there and given the choice assuming the $ was the same I'm taking Watt every time to be a cornerstone of my D. Granted they play different positions but Watt moves around so much IMO he's a much more valuable player.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'd love Sue for his playing ability, but not his contract. Like whats already been said I think its more vital we re-sign cobb bulaga etc. I'd rather draft a young DT/NT and give Raji or Guion a small 1 year contract

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely positively no. Not even if he played for free. Blatantly cheap players don't belong in storied franchises.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely positively no. Not even if he played for free. Blatantly cheap players don't belong in storied franchises.

I'm just kind of curious when yourself and other people on this board make comments like this, do you say this because you don't want these type of players on your team or because you foolishly and arrogantly believe that the Packers have not had people that are 5 times worse human beings than Suh on their team?

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just kind of curious when yourself and other people on this board make comments like this, do you say this because you don't want these type of players on your team or because you foolishly and arrogantly believe that the Packers have not had people that are 5 times worse human beings than Suh on their team?

thats a very good question. I would also like to know.

D

Deleted member 6794

I can only speak for myself but the reasons I don't want him on the Packers is first and foremost the huge contract he's going to demand making it very difficult to re-sign our own key free agents and in addition that big name free agents often don't work out as expected.

While Suh had some on field incidents which would drive me crazy if he was playing for the Packers it's his aggressive stil that makes him succesful. I'm not aware of any off the field issues so he seems to be a good guy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he fits perfectly, I'm sure they could make it work and he'd be pretty good, but not at his price point. His position won't make the plays he'd need to make to command that type of cash. He is just going to make too much. I'd like to see a guy with even 70% of his talent on this line, but I also don't want to have us paying that much money for one Dline guy when that means we won't have a secondary or linebackers behind him.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't want to put words in his mouth, but since he had the modifier 'cheap' in there, I (have to) assume that he meant Suh as a cheap-shot artist. Sort of along the lines of Sapp with his hit on Clifton. Seriously doubt that anyone here would have lobbied for Sapp to be a Packer. That being said, there have certainly been Packers who have been egregious in their actions (Martin on McMahon comes to mind), but I don't immediately recall any that were kept after displaying those kind of actions nor signed after doing it elsewhere. Now, the 'human beings' rating, since that apparently is your arena, might turn up something else, but (perhaps with a Green-and-Gold selective memory - and a rapidly devolving memory of any kind :)) I don't recall many such Packers. As far as the Suh to the Pack possibility, I'd be against it from the standpoint of having a ton of cash tied up in a guy who's historically demonstrated a tendency to be disciplined by the league.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of fans say the right thing when it comes to having guys like Suh on their team but if for some reason Suh really wanted to come to Green Bay and told TT that he would come in and play for say 12 million TT would jump at it and 99% of Packers fans would be thrilled.

Now we all know that is not going to happen so its easy to get all morally superior with the character issues when there is essentially zero chance that you will be forced to backtrack. The fact is the vast majority of Packer fans would welcome guys like that with open arms if the price was right.

On a side note the number 1 reason TT should sign Suh is that for 2 weeks out of the season we won't have to worry that our QB will be intentionally injured by the dirtiest player in the league.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I've always viewed the first few days of FA as a sucker's bet as typically a team overpays for a player that rarely delivers for the price paid. Suh is going to be an early FA pickup by someone willing to overpay.

Members online

Latest posts