All Injuries Thread

D

Deleted member 6794

JC Tretter had surgery on his injured knee on Tuesday and won´t be available for Sunday´s game at Atlanta. According to McCarthy it´s possible that Nelson, Adams, Allison and Burnett will be game time decisions.

H

HardRightEdge

Thomas moved past Martinez on the depth chart after the latter was injured at Washington. It was surprising to see him only play one snap on defense though.
It takes considerable time to internalize the various roles of the ILB position to Capers' specifications. In short, Martinez has been too confused too often to handle a variety calls and match ups and to react appropriately in the split seconds post snap.

That's not to say he won't be a good ILB eventually. Nor is it to say he won't see meaningful snaps against Atlanta if the game plan calls for a tightly defined role, though I kind of doubt that given Atlanta (like Dallas) presents considerable threats in both the run and pass games.

Martinez is probably going through the adjustment process Ryan went through last season, where Ryan played a couple of games to open the season, sat for a bunch of games, then came back around week 10 as Ryan 2.0 after weeks of mental adjustments in practice.

It cannot be repeated enough...this position is very hard to master from a mental standpoint in a Capers defense. It also cannot be emphasized enough that no matter what a guy does in camp, practice and preseason, you really don't know what you have until you face opponents in money games.

Last edited by a moderator:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. That probably puts Tretter on IR and does allow someone to come up. If these wr's were all really expected to be out then its a damn shame Abby signed some contract with Detroit last week. He could have come back. I believe his injury settlement was long enough ago for him to have returned. Doesn't matter now though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JC Tretter had surgery on his injured knee on Tuesday and won´t be available for Sunday´s game at Atlanta. According to McCarthy it´s possible that Nelson, Adams, Allison and Burnett will be game time decisions.
Wow - that's surprising. It seemed they were merely holding him back but apparently that knee wasn't getting better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It cannot be repeated enough...this position is very hard to master from a mental standpoint in a Capers defense. It also cannot be emphasized enough that no matter what a guy does in camp, practice and preseason, you really don't know what you have until you face opponents in money games.

I think that this is what frustrates me the most about the position over the years and trying to fit rookies into it. Yes, a FA Vet is still going to need to learn Capers system, but at least he has the abilities and working knowledge that come with a seasoned NFL vet.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That probably puts Tretter on IR and does allow someone to come up...
If there is a PS call-up would be interesting which position gets bolstered? Lucas (OG), Flores (OC), Price (DT), Whitehead (S)? Doubt would be Benwikere (CB) or either of the young WR's.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Here we go. Hail Mary to Jeff Janis. Early and Often!

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis is the butt of alot of jokes but honestly he proved his worth last year in playoffs vs Arizona! With all the injuries we have at WR it wouldn't surprise me if Janis logs alot of snaps. I'm hoping we see another deep dagger catch or use that speed for one of those Janis sweeps we haven't seen for awhile. Davis had a good game vs Atlanta week 8 and he may be the one to see more snaps but I'd prefer to see Janis out there mostly due to size difference with their speed about the same! If we bring anyone up from PS I say Cajuste gets the nod. Big redzone receiver with big soft mittens!!!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Jordy playing this week; too risky and he'd probably be inneffective.
The key will be how well can Adams and Allison play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just Janis on Special teams last year and 2nd half of this year proves his worth. He is beating 2 guys lately and just getting people down

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Jordy playing this week; too risky and he'd probably be inneffective.
The key will be how well can Adams and Allison play.
The Bummer is that all 3 are dealing with serious injuries. The way TyMo has been getting hit lately he may be banged up also even though we don't hear about it. Even more reasons we need Janis and Davis to bring their A game!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If there is a PS call-up would be interesting which position gets bolstered? Lucas (OG), Flores (OC), Price (DT), Whitehead (S)? Doubt would be Benwikere (CB) or either of the young WR's.
Of this list, Whitehead is about only one logically helpful. Already have DLs and OL on the inactive list. Adding another trench warrior to the 53 puts another lineman on the gameday inactive list. Healthy DB bodies are at a premium at the moment.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones was just on the NFLN and he said Davante is his boy and would be out there on 1 leg. I somehow feel better after hearing that. He also said he had broken ribs and that Jordy would benefit from more time off.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a story I saw linked on twitter form Cohen and Silverstein that supposedly said everyone will play tomorrow....even Jordy. The link didn't work so I didn't actually get to see the story.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Apparently Nelson is playing tomorrow. My guess is he will be a decoy more than anything else.

There was a story I saw linked on twitter form Cohen and McGinn that supposedly said everyone will play tomorrow....even Jordy. The link didn't work so I didn't actually get to see the story.

I saw the same link, that the walking wounded will be suiting up as well.

Jordy lights up the Falcons for 150 yards and 2 TD's......Falcon players seen leaving the field throwing up......is it a case of the "Jordy Flu" or did they just realize they aren't going to the Super Bowl?

Staff online

Members online