All Injuries Thread

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Adams, Bahk, Nelson, Burnett, or really anyone else to practice much this week . This team is beat up man. But I know those four ain't doing much. Need them ALL for the Falcons.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it's a case of hindsight. People love to play Captain Hindsight on PackerForum. Obviously now after by far his best season, everyone's happy.

And on every other forum.

I think what the Capt said keyed on the 'hate' for Bak. The most I remember (and, of course, I'm sure you can find a post that is more dramatic) is folks (myself included) figuring he was JAG, a really good player for his draft status, that sort of thing.

Sky King

Reaction score
I can't remember any poster considering Bakhtiari a bad left tackle or hating on him. There were several fans questioning the contract he received at the start of this season though. As it turns out those guys (including me) were wrong about it.
I vaguely remember one guy who was highly critical of Bakhtiari's performances last season. That's how many posters versus the total number of them who are registered to post on this site?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very critical, he seemed weak, and when he wasn't in perfect position he had to hold. Thought he showed no improvement from year 1 to 2. Then I found out he needed surgery in the offseason so I left open that he could in fact earn a contract and play up to it. I wasn't confident he'd be any more than an adequate LT. I think he's well on his way to earning his money and it would appear that playing injured all year last year affected him.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're calling out Gunther? Did you watch this team at all this season before the playoffs?He came out of camp as the #4 CB. Now in the playoffs you are asking him to cover THE Dez Bryant, arguably a top 5 WR in the league, man to man. That Dez only got 132 yards is a win in my book. You think Jordy would be happy with 130 yds vs the Cowboys #4 CB? Or Davante, who I'm sure would drool at the chance. As to Brice, there is a reason he plays defense and not WR.
I hear what you are saying Poppa, but he is god awful. Most of the time a couple of steps behind the play, and not looking back for the ball. Hey, he's all we have, but I'm not going to make excuses for his poor play. It's not just against Dez, it's several receivers. Let's hope he continues to get lucky on some plays and make it through he playoff's without too many trips to the burn center.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett is crucial to this defense. Randall omg could he have had a worse game? Micha hyde played his butt off. Dude with randall I dont know if its confidence I dont know if its injury but dude is playing like crap.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall is just as bad as Gunter and that's the dilemma for Capers. He can't blitz and play man to man ...nor can shadow with either corner. You have to pray Randall can hold up against Sanu because they have to double Julio Jones for sure. Expect to see the same type of defense Capers used against Dallas against ATL. Using 6 DBS and hope they don't gash us with the run.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett got hurt at the end of Dallas' first drive, but came out and played quite well on Dallas' second drive. Once we were up 14-3, Brice entered the game in Burnett's place. It seems unusual the Burnett could play well (running down Elliott along the sideline) after sustaining a thigh bruise, and then exit the game later.

D

Deleted member 6794

Randall is just as bad as Gunter and that's the dilemma for Capers. He can't blitz and play man to man ...nor can shadow with either corner.

True, Randall and Gunter combined to allow 12 receptions on 16 targets for 144 yards and three touchdowns vs. the Cowboys yesterday.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall is just as bad as Gunter and that's the dilemma for Capers. He can't blitz and play man to man ...nor can shadow with either corner. You have to pray Randall can hold up against Sanu because they have to double Julio Jones for sure. Expect to see the same type of defense Capers used against Dallas against ATL. Using 6 DBS and hope they don't gash us with the run.
Completely disagree. Gunter is a strong, physical corner who does well when he jams receivers at the line. He's certainly not a #1 CB and was never billed as such. He doesn't have the speed but generally sticks with his guy. Randall's got the tools but his fundamentals and brain have been questionable this season.

Gunter failed several times yesterday when you watched the replays, either because he didn't jam the WR at the line at all, or merely put his arms out as he was already starting to back pedal. He needs to disrupt the route at the line to be effective.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely disagree. Gunter is a strong, physical corner who does well when he jams receivers at the line. He's certainly not a #1 CB and was never billed as such. He doesn't have the speed but generally sticks with his guy. Randall's got the tools but his fundamentals and brain have been questionable this season.

Gunter failed several times yesterday when you watched the replays, either because he didn't jam the WR at the line at all, or merely put his arms out as he was already starting to back pedal. He needs to disrupt the route at the line to be effective.

I literally just rewatched the game.. and there are three plays including the two touchdowns to Dez Bryant were he did try to jam, and still just got outright beat off the line. The one Dak Tossed to Terrence Brooks that went through his arms for another touchdown same exact thing. Fortunately he dropped it.. but unfortunately Dez cuaght his second pass for a touchdown over Gunter a few plays later. The film don't lie...I'm just not making this stuff up man. I rewatch every game so that I have FACTS. He just has bad feet and awareness on the ball at times. The one PI he got flagged for was an easy int if he did just turned around and found the ball! Being a strong and physical corner ain't gonna cut it unless you can find the ball and get out your break!! He's struggling in both area. Where he does excel is in short areas...but teams are testing him deep because they see he can't get out his back pedal and turn and run with people!!

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said during his press conference that the team is positive about Burnett's chances to play on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy can't tell if Jordy's going to practice Wednesday but according to the head coach he did all the work in the workout today which is a good sign.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, Randall and Gunter combined to allow 12 receptions on 16 targets for 144 yards and three touchdowns vs. the Cowboys yesterday.

Yet ppl scream fire Capers the entire game! Am I ready to see Capers gone? Uhh like 4 years ago!! I'm not defending him at all...he should dang well know that it's stupid to leave Gunter ALONE on an elite wr at any point on the game. That's on Capers. But What isn't on Capers, is if he doesnt blitz as much because he can't take the chance of our corners getting beat. We scream fire Capers if the defense gives up a first down when he plays zone...but what the heck else is he supposed to do? We all know none of the corners are really man to man corners. We see Randal and Gunter get beat like drums enough to know that. If you watch the game And know football you will see that zone is something Capers prefers to play ...but the pass rush takes forever to hit home. Mike Daniels is a run stuffer...he's below average when it comes to rushing the passer...same thing for Guion and Clark who's still a 20 yr old.

On passing downs you have to take those guys off the field and put Perry as a DE, Peppers as a NT and Matthews as a Rush DE. That's a faster more athletic bunch. Then you can use Thomas , and Burnett as your pass covering backers. With Hyde, Randall, HaHa, Brice, Gunter, and Rollins in coverage I know this package would help if I could just get it to Dom and show him the scheme lol. Call it the Indy 500 pkg!!

D

Deleted member 6794

Yet ppl scream fire Capers the entire game! Am I ready to see Capers gone? Uhh like 4 years ago!! I'm not defending him at all...he should dang well know that it's stupid to leave Gunter ALONE on an elite wr at any point on the game. That's on Capers.

Mike Daniels is a run stuffer...he's below average when it comes to rushing the passer...same thing for Guion and Clark who's still a 20 yr old.

Capers had to leave Gunter alone on Bryant for most of the game to load the box to contain Elliott.

Daniels is an above average pass rusher and Clark has significantly improved in that area over the course of the season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers had to leave Gunter alone on Bryant for most of the game to load the box to contain Elliott.

Daniels is an above average pass rusher and Clark has significantly improved in that area over the course of the season.

You think Daniels is an above average pass rusher? Cullen Jenkins? Now he was an above average pass rusher. Daniels is just ok imo.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a mod can merge in the Burnett thread, if it's still about his injury...

I saw Adams go down twice in that game, the last time with an ankle injury on Green Bay's second-to-last drive. He was out there for the final drive, so hopefully he is ready for Atlanta.

Burnett obviously needs to heal up, and should be able to recover in a week.

Bahktiari left the game early with an ankle/knee, never heard which it was when he got run into on Montgomery's second rushing TD.

Bulaga was also slow to get up on the same drive that Adams got hurt.

Blake Martinez was active but I don't remember seeing him on the field. His name doesn't show up in the box score on defense.

Quinten Rollins hopefully should be good to go.

Jordy needs to borrow Terrell Owen's hyperbaric chamber.

D

Deleted member 6794

Blake Martinez was active but I don't remember seeing him on the field. His name doesn't show up in the box score on defense.

Martinez only played a single snap on defense but received 18 pn special teams. Therefore I don't believe injury being a factor in his lack of playing time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were times, such as Dallas' last drive, when there were four wideouts to cover. Thomas was spying Elliott solo, which is scary. Dix was over the top with Gunter one-on-one with Bryant down below. Hyde, Randall, and Hawkins were in coverage on the top. Dix shaded towards Gunter/Bryant to give help and Dak hit Williams for 24 yards.

There is only so much that you can do as a DC. We don't want Hawkins in there but Capers' only other option was Brice in coverage. He's a thumper. You couldn't even put Dix in Hawkins spot as Brice shouldn't be the lone safety on a passing down.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would opt to sit Jordy. Fractures take time and a full two weeks before the super bowl would do the trick, we have shown we have enough to get him there.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that Martinez played on special teams but only one defensive snap. I wonder if that was part of a plan to bring him back slowly from his knee injury, or simply game planning. He had been our starter.

Members online

Latest posts