"All In" Type Guys

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the "Big Swing" thread and discussions on how Gute could swing given his short track record to do so for a WR....or as this thread will expand upon another position. The likelihood of us getting a Top 10/20 or so type talent will purely be if positions fall. I don't see a trade up scenario Gute is comfortable enough with until after or at the #15th pick held by New England.

At this point for this "All In" trade up scenario is to work in GB's favor we need a run on QBs to have occurred, seeing Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Fields all gone...with maybe even Jones as well or him being the only one left. This leaves Washington and Colts as the only clear QB needing teams till the 2nd round starts...this also means 4/5 picks in the top 15 are chewed up by one position.

Let's not talk about guys like Farley, or Sewell or others...some guys just likely won't be there but here is my list of guys that I'd 100% be burning phone lines up for after 15 that I don't believe make it to #29 that also are in our significant needs categories:

NOT in a ranked order.

LB - Micah Parsons - Penn State - His skillset and abilities are arguably unmatched presently by any other single ILB in the draft. That won't be what causes him to possibly be there...we've seen attitude/character red flags get ignored in past drafts, but we've also seen it 100% removes him from some team's boards or slides them down. Lot of discussion on Parson's role in the hazing and harrassment cases filed against PSU by ex-players. That said, if interviews with us go well should we have one...he is 100% the talent level worth using draft equity for, I'm talking even like a 2022 2nd rounder or even our first if it means we hang on to our 1st this year too. Parsons is nasty good....I just worry he may also be nasty.

LB - Zaven Collins - Tulsa - My LB1 in 2021 draft. If Parsons falls he and 'Wusu' (which is a guy we need to avoid IMO) will benefit the most. Collins IMO would serve us even better in run support, but dude can flat fly sideline to sideline at 260lbs like a guy 20 lbs lighter. I will not say he is Devin White fast, but I think his quickness is and insane versatility is a rare skillset to see.

CB - Jaycee Horn - South Carolina - I don't think Farley and Surtain make it to the point I'm discussing...however Horn may and takes a spot here. Instantly a plug and play type caliber guy opposite of Jaire. Taller than Jaire so depending on match ups one could argue we could pick and choose which guy we want where if Horn delivers as well as I feel he will.

OL - Rashawn Slater - Northwestern - Personally I have him over Sewell, and the only reason I feel like he isn't going above Sewell is him not playing 2020 season. What I love about Slater is the dude could play ANYWHERE and I mean that. He instantly is one of our top 5 OL on roster, and will start somewhere amongst the line day 1.

WR - Rashad Bateman - Minnesota - I've discussed him plenty elsewhere. I believe he is the #1 WR capable of falling to 15th or later and could be the best WR drafted this year in 10 years.

*Of course there could be an unexpected drop by a guy I don't envision like a Weddle perhaps falling...or Pitts...but I think those 5 are the guys I've red circled that if they are still on the board after or on 15 - I'm trying to make a trade up.

These two are guys that if a run on CBs happen I could see Gute making a smaller move up for if none of the other options fall together.
CBs - Asante Samuel Jr - FSU OR Tyson Campbell - Georgia - I included him because technically if we see Farley, Surtain, Horn, Stokes all gone, I could see a situation where Gute may only like Campbell or Samuel and want to make certain he gets the one he likes or if he likes both he could see one go at like 25 or so and make a small two or three slot trade up to guarantee we get one.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Parsons appears to be a POS, and I don’t want to cheer for those types. I wouldn’t take Tyreek Hill either.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Parsons appears to be a POS, and I don’t want to cheer for those types. I wouldn’t take Tyreek Hill either.

The flag of his personality is massive and glaring. I had to include him based on his abilities but I'm hoping Murphy and Gute follow what Green Bay typically has done with folks like that and cross them off completely or basically say "they need to drop a full round or more before we revisit.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The flag of his personality is massive and glaring. I had to include him based on his abilities but I'm hoping Murphy and Gute follow what Green Bay typically has done with folks like that and cross them off completely or basically say "they need to drop a full round or more before we revisit.

I would prefer that the Packers stay away from guys who have been flagged with major character flaws. I don't really care if they are viewed as a "bargain" because they seemingly dropped a few rounds. I'm fine with getting a perceived steal on a player with a questionable injury history or just someone who needs to be coached up. I also don't hold much stock in "he has changed and matured a lot". Fine, let him prove it elsewhere.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, personally I need to have that sit down conversation with him one on one. Every sign and flag indicates he should be removed from consideration...I also though have been unable to find anything more than claims, I'm not gonna label him guilty, but I also won't draft him unless I'm 100% positive he isn't.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup, personally I need to have that sit down conversation with him one on one. Every sign and flag indicates he should be removed from consideration...I also though have been unable to find anything more than claims, I'm not gonna label him guilty, but I also won't draft him unless I'm 100% positive he isn't.

Fair enough. I don't even know who you are talking about, I just saw the post and was talking in generalities. I remember the controversy over Joe Mixon and a TE (name escapes me-Tyler Higbee?). While Mixon has had a decent career in Cincy, I still would have been pissed had the Packers drafted him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't even know who you are talking about, I just saw the post and was talking in generalities. I remember the controversy over Joe Mixon and a TE (name escapes me-Tyler Higbee?). While Mixon has had a decent career in Cincy, I still would have been pissed had the Packers drafted him.

My goodness we agree on something!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps my greatest accomplishment on this forum is having you two in step on something. I couldn't be prouder LOL

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a scenario illustrating what I'd be willing to do:

#15 - Zaven Collins LB
New England calls and wants a lot...but we struggle to squeek this deal: Their #15 and #158 (5th) for our #61 + #252 + our 2022 first round pick. Yup, this is how special I believe Zaven can and will be. I know it isn't what some people think is showing Rodgers you're all in, but this is of grossly more value than any WR. We give up next year's 1st instead of our #29 this year...

Rest of draft rolls out...

#29 - Asante Samuel Jr. CB FSU
#92 - Osa Odighizuwa iDL UCLA
#133 - Daelin Hayes EDGE NOTRE DAME
#140 - Whop Philyor WR IU
#158 - Robert Hainsey OT NOTRE DAME
#172 - Garret Wallow LB TCU
#178 - Jermar Jefferson RB OREGON STATE
#209 - Bryan Mills CB NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL
#217 - Drew Dalman iOL/C STANFORD

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a scenario illustrating what I'd be willing to do:

#15 - Zaven Collins LB
New England calls and wants a lot...but we struggle to squeek this deal: Their #15 and #158 (5th) for our #61 + #252 + our 2022 first round pick. Yup, this is how special I believe Zaven can and will be. I know it isn't what some people think is showing Rodgers you're all in, but this is of grossly more value than any WR. We give up next year's 1st instead of our #29 this year...

Rest of draft rolls out...

#29 - Asante Samuel Jr. CB FSU
#92 - Osa Odighizuwa iDL UCLA
#133 - Daelin Hayes EDGE NOTRE DAME
#140 - Whop Philyor WR IU
#158 - Robert Hainsey OT NOTRE DAME
#172 - Garret Wallow LB TCU
#178 - Jermar Jefferson RB OREGON STATE
#209 - Bryan Mills CB NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL
#217 - Drew Dalman iOL/C STANFORD

This, I would be happy with. I just wish gutey would also make a trade for a proven veteran..like a Fletcher Cox..or heck even sign a guy like suh for a year..or. Patrick Peterson or Carlton Davis..1 or 2 of those moves plus the draft and this team would be stocked.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elijah Moore - WR

Very reminiscent of DJ Moore and Steve Smith. I have no doubts he will be good.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he’s a 1st round talent.

Nice, I always appreciate guys that are willing to admit and believe in their personal boards over pundits. I have him currently graded as a 2nd rounder, however in my Sub 6 foot guys I only have Weddle ahead of him, and Toney beside him ranked same.

However, as you know Moore is a much more put together WR, where as Toney is that deadly manufactured touch type guy that still needs more growth in the pure receiving aspect of his game.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, I always appreciate guys that are willing to admit and believe in their personal boards over pundits. I have him currently graded as a 2nd rounder, however in my Sub 6 foot guys I only have Weddle ahead of him, and Toney beside him ranked same.

However, as you know Moore is a much more put together WR, where as Toney is that deadly manufactured touch type guy that still needs more growth in the pure receiving aspect of his game.

Yeah, I don’t do big boards. I typically don’t even do rounds. I just watched Moore and thought he played like a first round guy. He’s small, but he’s good. I like him more than Toney. Toney has suspect hands, but he’s flashier.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t do big boards. I typically don’t even do rounds. I just watched Moore and thought he played like a first round guy. He’s small, but he’s good. I like him more than Toney. Toney has suspect hands, but he’s flashier.

For sure, Toney is not a WR purely, nor a RB purely....Moore is a true blue capable WR with YAC chops.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Hard to determine what ALL IN qualifies as, but these are players I am thrilled with. I am really only ALL IN on a few of these guys that may not be an option for the Packers.

First Round/Second Round- Will not pretend I understand the Packers blocking schemes and the offensive line players that would best fit. I know they need a RT and a C next year. I am all in if they take any of the following:
Teven Jenkins (6’6, 310lbs)- Developmental T/G.
Jalen Mayfield (6’5, 219lbs)- Potential starting T/G
Creed Humphrey (6’4, 312lbs)- Starting C
Rashan Slater (6’4, 315lbs)- Starting C/G
Sam Cosmi (6’7, 300lbs)-Starting RT
Liam Eichenberg (6’6, 305lbs)- Starting LT
Wyatt Davis (6’4, 310 lbs)- Starting RG
Dillion Randunz (6’6, 304 lbs)- Starting T
Alex Leatherwood (6’5, 312 lbs)- Utility player

First/Second Round CB- I will be the first to say, I DO NOT like the CBs in this draft. Especially the ones that will likely be available at pick #29. I will list the CBs I like in order, but after the top 3, that player will be a Day 1 downgrade to Kevin King. Potential ceiling should be higher after a few years in the system though.

1. Patrick Surtain II- Day 1 starter, that I am ALL IN if the Packers move up for. Immediate upgrade to Kevin King and paired with Jaire would be a thing of absolute beauty. Basically impossible for this to happen though.
2. Caleb Farley- Another great player. See above.
3. Jaycee Horn- While he is would not be an immediate upgrade to King, he certainly has a much higher ceiling.
4. NO ASANTE SAMUEL, AARON ROBINSON. Can you imagine Jaire on one side and Asante Samuel or Aaron Robinson on the other, going up against any of the big WR would be brutal. We need a CB2 with some length.
5. Eric Stokes, Greg Newsome, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Tyson Campbell, Shaun Wade or Paulson Adebo are fine options. None get me particular excited, but a CB2 is mandatory. Do not see how they improve here though :/.

Only other player I would move up for is Kwity Paye. An absolute monster.

Jabril Cox
, LB (2nd round or later)- His tape reminds me of Devin White. I remember being on my honeymoon and showing my husband Devin White's film when he was expected to be a 2nd round type of player. I do not expect Cox to soar up the draft boards like White, but their play styles are similar. I would not be upset if he walks out of the draft a Packer.

Ar'Darius Washington, S (3rd-4th round)- 2021 Antione Winfield Jr. Small dude, that hits hard and does not miss a tackle.

Any one of the following WR in the 4th-7th rounds, not going to predict where they go.
Elijah Moore, WR (5'9, 185lbs)- Super fluid route runner that likes to get downfield and isn’t afraid to lower his shoulder to initiate contact. Adds value to the screen game as well.
Marquez Stevenson, WR (6’0, 190lbs)- He’s the fastest kid alive. Not the most fluid or polished route runner, but he wins on pure speed. Throw him a screen, toss him a jets sweep or let him score off of a punt return or kick off, the kid has jets.
Tutu Atwell, WR (5’9, 165lbs)- Shifty and twitchy gadget player. He seems to be all over the field on tape. Jets sweeps, deep routes, short outs, the kid gets separation then is a YAC machine. Obviously his size could be a bit of a concern.
Whop Philyor, WR (5’11, 181 lbs)- He is a guy you want to get the ball to quickly, and watch what he does with it. Another YAC machine kind of player, that plays like he’s AJ Dillion’s size. He carries DBs on his back and makes the others miss. He’s an effort player no doubt.

4th-7th Round Edge prospects I am ALL IN for:
Shaka Toney, Patrick Johnson, Daelin Hayes, Chris Rumph, Patrick Jones

4th-7th iDl prospects I am ALL IN for:
Osa Odighizuwa, Jaylen Twyman, Bobby Brown and Khyiris Tonga

Kenny Yeboah, TE (6'4, 250 lbs): Pass catching TE that is not terrible blocking. Could be a steal in a later round.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
219 lbs? A WR at T/G???

You were honeymooning with the wrong guy if that is what you were doing. Unless he made some *** film I haven't seen.
319 lbs...

And LOL to the second part. I was the one fueling the football prospect watching, as he is someone that sleeps in and I am someone that wakes up at 6am. I remember watching Devin White's tape and woke him up to show him who I wanted to the Packers to take in the 2019 draft. Then the Bucs took him with like the 5th-6th overall pick :( 4 months later.

Members online

Latest posts