All hail the mighty Atari...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is our defense better so far this year? There are several reasons, but I think the #1 reason is Atari Bigby. How many major screwups has he made so far? How many would Manuel have made by now?

Atari is a good old-fashioned hard-nosed football player. He's tough, he's fast, he's quick, and he's not afraid to fight for the ball. And wait till Sanders starts turning him loose on some blitzes! The best is yet to come for this guy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i say manual was a marquee free agent, i mean that he was highly touted, much was expected of him, and he signed for quite a bit of money. this doesn't change the fact that he sucked before we signed him, and he sucked after we signed him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so glad Manuel is gone.

Carroll and Manuel gone, and people wonder why I support ted thompson.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaches were dead on when they said he has great range. So far that's what I've noticed. He's always around the ball.

I still think he tackles to high. One of these days he's going to get ran over because of that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaches were dead on when they said he has great range. So far that's what I've noticed. He's always around the ball.

I still think he tackles to high. One of these days he's going to get ran over because of that.

better once or twice over the season than multiple screwups a game like manuel.

god its good to be a packers fan right now.

Reaction score
I think the defining moment (for me) about Bigby was his TD pass that he "gave up" to Shockey last week.

Bigby was right there, and was about an inch away from having the ball batted down. Manning made a heck of a throw to fit the ball into a very tight window, and I don't think many other QBs could have done the same (heck I don't think Eli could repeat it).

If that was Manuel, he'd have been 5 yards away from Shockey, and then made the tackle 5 seconds after Shockey had caught the ball.

Porky is right on, he is always around the ball but his pad level is a bit high. Considering this is only his 3rd strat in the NFL, the only thing to pick at is his pad level, that's very encouraging.

He will continue to grow, and I believe in time him and Collins will develop awesome chemistry and become a very dangerous duo.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think the defining moment (for me) about Bigby was his TD pass that he "gave up" to Shockey last week.

Bigby was right there, and was about an inch away from having the ball batted down. Manning made a heck of a throw to fit the ball into a very tight window, and I don't think many other QBs could have done the same (heck I don't think Eli could repeat it).

If that was Manuel, he'd have been 5 yards away from Shockey, and then made the tackle 5 seconds after Shockey had caught the ball.

Porky is right on, he is always around the ball but his pad level is a bit high. Considering this is only his 3rd strat in the NFL, the only thing to pick at is his pad level, that's very encouraging.

He will continue to grow, and I believe in time him and Collins will develop awesome chemistry and become a very dangerous duo.

Bigby, Collins. HUGE improvement over Manuel, Collins. I love our D.

Yes, Eli got a good throw in there. He was trying to do his Favre impersonation. He couldn't impersonate Favre all day though. Only Favre can do that. So I'm giving credit to Eli for that one lucky throw more than chastising Bigby. He had him covered.

Bigby will get even better.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That picture is classic, trom! Atari in action, throwing his body all over the place.

Think of how much Bob Sanders adds to that Indianapolis defense. I would love for our safeties to have that kind of impact. If they keep improving, maybe they'll reach that level.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am also glad that Manuel is gone. Atari always is near the ball, isn't afraid to nail people everytime, and has been pretty solid in coverage so far. I like

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts