All Capers Threads merged

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Capers is so bad, he only stopped Tom Brady's O on their last gasp, lol yes he's such a washed up DC. Lol @ complainers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course ppl love Capers again..some of you are so wishy-washy haha smh. Me personally still would like to see a new DC next yr but the offense would've been the blame had we lost not the defense. I would've given it to MM and Rodgers just like I give it to Capers when he deserves it. Some of you need to stop flip flipping

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Capers is so bad, he only stopped Tom Brady's O on their last gasp, lol yes he's such a washed up DC. Lol @ complainers.

Good defense today!

Peppers, Perry, Haha, and Neal have made a huge impact on this defense. Capers just needed some more talent.

Matthews' move to the inside doesn't even happen without Perry and Neal on the outside.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course ppl love Capers again..some of you are so wishy-washy haha smh. Me personally still would like to see a new DC next yr but the offense would've been the blame had we lost not the defense. I would've given it to MM and Rodgers just like I give it to Capers when he deserves it. Some of you need to stop flip flipping

Never turned on him in the first place.

H

HardRightEdge

Great football game; great win for the Packers.

That said, fire Capers.

After NE's first 2 possessions, Brady had little problem moving the ball. 3-3 in the red zone up until the last possession.

Had Neal not gotten to Brady in that last possession, we might be singing a different tune. Neal's sack (I guess they're giving Daniels an assist) was the defensive play of the year.

This was a case of a good offense being a good defense. GB: 70 plays / 37 min TOP; NE: 54 plays / 23 min TOP.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's going to be very difficult to fire Capers after winning the Super Bowl. Just sayin.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not been a supporter of Capers the past couple of years but I am happy to declare that I was completely wrong about the defense this game. I said I thought Brady would tear them apart and put up over 35 points. Instead, we got pressure almost the entire game, throwing his timing off and hitting him throughout the game. Pass rush was definitely better than the one sack indicates. Run defense was solid. Tackling wasn't great, but not terrible either. This is the first time we have slowed down an elite QB since the 2010 season, so hopefully we can do it again should we face another one. The only team that scares me at this point(In the NFC) are the Seahawks. Need to finish with a better record than them so we don't have to go there. Or hopefully Arizona holds onto the division. Or maybe Seattle tanks it with their tough schedule and misses the playoffs entirely

H

HardRightEdge

It's going to be very difficult to fire Capers after winning the Super Bowl. Just sayin.
It will indeed, if it comes to pass. Like I said earlier, Capers' mentor **** LeBeau is 77 years old. Capers is 64. We'll probably need to wait until at least 2027. Until then the Packers must continue to draft smart players to the detriment of some other football skills.

I predicted both teams would score in the 20's. This win changes nothing.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That said, fire Capers.

After NE's first 2 possessions, Brady had little problem moving the ball.

Patriots have averaged over 40 points in their last 4 games. They only scored 21 today. Brady had problems.

H

HardRightEdge

Patriots have averaged over 40 points in their last 4 games. They only scored 21 today. Brady had problems.
Capers should slip Neal a few bucks for preventing 0-4 in the red zone. ;) Like I said, I predicted both teams would score in the 20's while also saying "fire Capers". This changes nothing.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ppl hAve to remember we held the ball for a looong time. The time of possession helped the defense big time . Granted we stunk in the red zone their defense was in the field a long time.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers should slip Neal a few bucks for preventing 0-4 in the red zone. ;) Like I said, I predicted both teams would score in the 20's while also saying "fire Capers". This changes nothing.
Who cares what you said about what they would score? They put up 42 on the Colts, who are reputed to have a pretty good defense. They also put up 37 on the Lions. Holding them to 21 proves our defense isn't as bad as the haters want everyone to think.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ppl hAve to remember we held the ball for a looong time. The time of possession helped the defense big time . Granted we stunk in the red zone their defense was in the field a long time.
Yes. We all must remember than no matter who we beat and no matter how well our defense plays, our defense sucks. Until this defense holds a HOF QB to under 100 yards in a shutout, they have proven NOTHING.

H

HardRightEdge

Who cares what you said about what they would score? They put up 42 on the Colts, who are reputed to have a pretty good defense. They also put up 37 on the Lions. Holding them to 21 proves our defense isn't as bad as the haters want everyone to think.
That was rude. :cool:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers possession time 36 minutes counts as good defense also lol

H

HardRightEdge

Yes. We all must remember than no matter who we beat and no matter how well our defense plays, our defense sucks. Until this defense holds a HOF QB to under 100 yards in a shutout, they have proven NOTHING.
It doesn't suck. It's just not going carry a game when the offense is missing on a cylinder or two.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy thought - from now on teams will use the Capers blueprint when they play the Patriots.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok then I hope you don't hear from me until after the SB ...and secondly I hope you mean until the Packers are done. It would be foolish to ban me until the playoffs are over if my team isn't playing don't cha think? This isn't that big of a deal so I don't know what you're trying to prove sir.

Packers are done

I was hoping this bet would stop your way of thinking that after 1 quarter a game is over

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That said, fire Capers.

After NE's first 2 possessions, Brady had little problem moving the ball. 3-3 in the red zone up until the last possession.

Had Neal not gotten to Brady in that last possession, we might be singing a different tune. Neal's sack (I guess they're giving Daniels an assist) was the defensive play of the year.

This was a case of a good offense being a good defense. GB: 70 plays / 37 min TOP; NE: 54 plays / 23 min TOP.

I can understand not supporting Capers still because of the well known defensive troubles recently, but give credit tonight when it is due. This sounds like a common case of only blaming when things go wrong. This game was a good defensive performance and Capers, being the coordinator, was obviously a part of it.

By saying "After NE's first 2 possessions, Brady had little problem moving the ball. 3-3 in the red zone up until the last possession" you make it sound like they were terrible.

Twenty one points against Brady is a win and only seven in the second half - that is not little problem moving the ball by any means. In fact, only seven in the 2nd half was great defense.

H

HardRightEdge

Can you be more specific than "missing on a cylinder or two?" That's a pretty ambiguous criteria there.
There are so many way an offense can miss on a cylinder or two I couldn't possibly name them all or predict which would most likely occur first. That should be self-evident.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many way an offense can miss on a cylinder or two I couldn't possibly name them all or predict which would most likely occur first. That should be self-evident.
Kinda like how Brady was missing some open receivers at times and it took a while to get their ground game going?

Should they fire Matt Patricia?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts