1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

all about da packers

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by arrowgargantuan, Mar 25, 2008.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Packerforum name: all about da packers
    Real name (first only): Moe
    Current City: Toronto
    Hometown: NY, NY

1) How did you choose your screen name?

- It was actually a word play on “all about the money / all about the Benjamins”. I saw the phrase on a TV commercial, and when it came time to sign up that phrase stuck with me and I modified it slightly, to more appropriately reflect the reason I was signing up in the first place.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

- Mom is of Indian origin (not native, Indian as in from India) and my father is from European (British) origin. I have only one other sibling, a smaller sister. My sister and I were born in Queens, New York. The whole family moved to Canada because of my father’s bad knees (arthritis), in general health care was cheaper in Canada. For the past 7-8 years my family has moved around a bit, and currently live just outside downtown Toronto.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

- As a junior in highschool I was into sports, joined basketball and football. Played PF/C in basketball, and as a DE / short-yardage RB in football. I gave up both eventually, in basketball we made it to the playoffs in junior year, and being up by 9 with five minutes to go we ended up losing by 7. That was a devastating game, and after that I just seemed more interested in pick-up street ball where the games weren’t as meaningful, the game itself became more fun without the added pressure. As for football, my cousin who was in his senior year at highschool blew out his ACL in a football game, and ever since then my mother and father weren’t as keen to let me play. Actually my mother more so than my father, so gave that up too.

- So after that I started to get more into the clubs scene. Didn’t formally join my highschool student council, but my friend was president during my junior and senior years so I helped out the student council. Also joined model UN and debate team, simply because I needed to build my transcript for college.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

- Getting my license. That meant so much freedom, but more importantly I’ll never forget the day I came home from passing the test. My dad threw me the keys and made me drive about an hour West to one of his friend’s house. The thrill of driving on the highway for the first time, yet the anxiety of driving on the highway for the first time was something I’ll always remember.
    - Plus, being the first one amongst my friends with free usage of a car any time I wanted meant lots of fun times.

5) What was your first job?

- Working at a mail room at a phone company office.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

- Fate. I don’t really remember how or why I started following the Packers. I just remember following the team closely starting a few years ago, and have done so since.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

- I have two that really stick out. 1) Brett’s MNF game after his father passed away. That wasn’t long after my own grandfather (dad’s father) had passed away, and I just remember seeing my dad being a shell of himself for a few days. I had never seen him cry before that point, and he just seemed so drained the few days after. So seeing Brett do what he did really stood out to me, someone who no doubt was going through hell but still went out and played better than he ever has.

2) Seeing the reaction of Packer fans and players after the Cardinals beat the Vikings. I was watching the game on fox and was so nervous after the Packers beat the Broncos just hoping that somehow, someway, the Cardinals would pull out the win. I actually remember Fox coming back from the commercial break, and showing the fans cheering, and I immediately got my hopes up that the (almost) impossible had happened. When I saw the ticker showing the Cardinals had beat the Vikes a couple of seconds later, I jumped around and yelled like no tomorrow. That was just such an unforgettable feeling of “I can’t believe that just happened, someone slap me, am I dreaming?”

Cool How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

- Ryan posted a link on the old NC forums to the site, and I joined up then. I stay active because I need a place to stay up to date on the Packers, get different perspectives on what the Packers were doing, and in general a place to chill out and learn more about football. This place allows that, and has a relaxed atmosphere where you have a ton of jokers and funny stuff being posted. Not to mention the occasional pics of hot babes (no cheesey, I don’t mean you).

Oh yeah, I also keep posting for a chance to finally talk to Ryan’s wife. :p

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

- I follow the Toronto Raptors in basketball, and New York Yankees in baseball (although not really the last couple of years). I’m also interested in picking out a soccer team to follow over in England Premiership, still haven’t decided on one yet.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

- Reading. News articles, or opinion pieces on an issue, or academic publications on topics/issues that interest me. Also watching TV (mostly comedy shows). I’m also trying to get myself to start sticking to a better workout regimen.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

- As someone else said, I’d love to be in the draft war room during the draft. I’d just love to see how things get done, how the staff responds to changing the developments on draft day.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

- Unfortunately zero. I definitely intend on making it up there one day.

13) What is your worst fear?

- Rats. I swear those things work for the devil. They torment me, are smarter than you’d think, and come out of the smallest spaces to scare the daylights out of you.

- Besides rats, failure. I’ve always expected the big things from myself, dreamt big. I fear failing in those dreams, letting those that expect a lot out of me (my family especially) down.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

- Giving exotic dances. I kid, I kid. :lol:

Video games. I play Madden 08 at least once a week, for a good 5-6 hour stretch straight. I can’t get enough of Madden, especially franchise mode. I also love playing basketball, but haven’t done that in what seems like ages due to many other commitments. Reading, as I stated above.

15) What’s your favorite food?

- Pizza. I will eat any type of pizza, love it a lot.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

- Haven’t been a ton of places, been to Florida, Niagara Falls, and go back to New York every so often. Florida was definitely my favourite, stayed for a couple of weeks with cousins, went to Universal studios and Disney Land during the day, and ended up partying during the nights in Kissimmee townhouse we rented out. We had a pool out back that doubled the fun. The club scene rocked too.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

- Besides going to Lambeau, I want to learn to drive a motorcycle. I’ve tried it before (let’s ignore the fact that I shouldn’t have since I wasn’t old enough to have a license) and I loved it. Definitely want to learn to drive a motorcycle and own one too some day.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

- I’d like to move out to Pickering, a suburb East of Toronto where I lived a couple of years before. It was a nice area, I lived in a house that was close to everything. Literally within the distance of a 10 minute walk you could get to: the mall, the recreation center for the city, the basketball courts, the pool, the library, the bus stop connecting you to Toronto and neighbouring cities. People knew each other, very little crime, each house in Pickering had a space out back that was perfect for having a BBQ. Just a peaceful and relaxing place to be, for me anyways.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

Ahmad Carroll – Living proof that good things do happen to bad people

Marquand Manuel – Living proof that you can get a boatload of money for being absolutely useless

Cetidus Hunt – Showed us that stupidity is no obstacle between a man and his money

- BJ Sander – Showed us to get by in the “real world” you just need to make an old and powerful man fall in love with you.

I’ll be serious now (in no specific order):
    1) Brett Favre – Has touched the little kid in all of us … figuratively of course. Really, a once in a lifetime player that has given me (and countless others) endless memories.

2) Bart Starr – A great leader, underestimated player IMO. He played the game the way it was meant to be played, made others around him better and just faded into the background not really caring to be “the man”.

3) Ray Nitschke – Seeing footage of him, and based on what I’ve read, how can you not love the man? Played ferociously, a strong desire to win, tough as nails, physical, a leader, but off the field he was completely different, a soft and caring man. The first time I saw a photo of Ray with the black rimmed glasses I was in disbelief, he didn’t look anything like the player that he was on the field.

4) Reggie White – I’ve been able to see footage of him, and one word to describe what I’ve seen: dominance. He simply dominated other players, he had what seems to me like the perfect blend of power, speed, size, burst. What I’d give to have seen White play for six seasons as a Packer…

5) Greg Jennings – See the “We Love Greg Jennings” thread for reasons, too many to list here.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

- Sorry RP, but it has got to be your thread about accidently ignoring yourself. I read that and I laughed for such a long time. I’m still chuckling as I think about it now. I’ve never laughed so much reading something on a forum. I can imagine RP actually struggling with the idea to posting that thread, and that just adds to the humour. Sorry RP, but that thread was something else.

- Also, the creation of the Official We Love Greg Jennings Thread. That thread has so many facts that should be taught in each and every education curriculum in the world.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

- I am woman, hear me roar. :D

- I'd like to nominate fellow Greg Jennings lover pack_in_black for the next interview.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I now realize you can't have emoticons show up in the interview.

Looks pretty stupid, "Razz"... :doh:

3. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah they don't translate when you copy and paste. it's fixed now though.

4. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    oh yeah...nice interview A-DAP!

5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Cool read there Moe, it took awhile but it was worth it. Someday I would like to visit Toronto, is it worth the trip?

Thanks for sharing..

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say definitely, but come for a few days. That way you can head out to the cities West of Toronto, like an hour outside the city you have some attractions that'd be worthwhile.

City itself is clean, traffic problem isn't so bad most of the time, and we allow same-sex marriage. :lol:

7. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can i sergest Sunderland as your premier leauge team

8. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Great read. You're quite a writer for a mere twenty-one years of age. When I read your memory of the Cardinals/Vikes game, it brought back a ton of great memories. Thanks.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I wish I would have went about 15 years ago.. heard the nightlife there is pretty fun.. Canada for hunting and fishing is excellent, but one of these years I just want to visit and take in some its culture.

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Quote the response, then copy it.
    Paste it and remove the quotes.

It will keep all the BBCode data

11. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    i love it when you talk code data.

12. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good aadp, great to know a little more behind the name.

You are truly a unique person....that's why I keep bumping your "I is aadp" post.
    Classic aadp!! :)

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Brett Favre touches little kids? uh! My memory of the Vikings Cardinals game was awesome. I think I've shared this before, but, It was right after Christmas, meaning I was at my grandma's house. My mom and dad were having their annual party with all my dad's brothers and sisters, and it was just my brother, grandma, and I watching the Vikes and Cards. It was intense. In retrospect, having grandma sitting between my brother and I was the biggest mistake.

Announcer goes, "McCown drops back... He's all alone... Fires into the back of the endzone...! CAUGHT!!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!! NO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

My brother and are going, "YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I swear, it was by the grace of God alone that my brother and I didn't snap my fragile, frail, 84 year old, 90 pound grandmother in half. hahahaha. good stuff.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Another great read!
    This was one of the BEST ideas. Getting a chance to know a little more about the actual PEOPLE behind the posts! :D

15. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well moe...nice ta meet ya, u lil freak!! ;) :D

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That makes two freaks in this thread then, ahem ^^^

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    At least 4packgirl's breasts are real. :D

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 05:22 PM

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You got that right!

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    wo, things are getting a little nuts in the atrium.

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Mine are real too!!! :lol:

21. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
  22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Where is our next interview "victim"? Come on PIB! Fill us in on the info!!!
    (These are FUN to read!) :D

23. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm...this is REAL interesting! ;)

24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AADP - Just wanted to let you know, you're one of my favorite posters. You've always been civil, even when things get ugly and out of hand.

It's nice to have some background info on you now. Hard to believe you're only 21. You've always come across as extremely mature. Heh, I guess maturity and age don't always match up. ;)

We had rats at the old house. Took three or four months to get rid of them. We just hired professionals. We also found out where they were living and destroyed those bushes, so they'd have no place to live. Yes, rats are smarter than folks give them credit for.

As for Toronto, never been there but I got one Toronto joke. It's obscene though, so I won't post it here. Actually, never mind. It's one that has to be told in person. Just won't get the same effect reading it.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    bouncie bouncie bouncie... mmm yes!!