Alex Van Pelt OC candidate for Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Jason LaCanfora reports that if Mike Pettine will be Browns next head coach, Van Pelt would be high on the list of possible offensive coordinator candidates.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a promotion worth turning down. The Browns are proving this off season that they are a **** show of a front office and their owner should stick to European Futbol.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

That is a promotion worth turning down. The Browns are proving this off season that they are a **** show of a front office and their owner should stick to European Futbol.

True, but if one were to rise above that handicap and succeed, many more doors could open up . :sneaky:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just be extremely skeptical of an organization that would fire a head coach in less than 12 months, during a rebuild and after trading away their #1 draft pick of a year ago rb and giving him Brandon Weeden as a QB.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'd have to rank even the useless Jaguars ahead of the Browns and this is sad. I was at the Packers-Browns game this past season and the Browns have some of the best, die-hards fans known around. Those poor people have not only had to watch their former team (Ravens) win two Super Bowls, but also witness the worst ineptitude in every way, from the owners on down to the players. Absolutely an awful, sad travesty.

H

HardRightEdge

True, but if one were to rise above that handicap and succeed, many more doors could open up . :sneaky:
Without passing judgement on the Browns or Van Pelt, that's a poor wager in any walk of life if you're not the guy in control.

H

HardRightEdge

I would just be extremely skeptical of an organization that would fire a head coach in less than 12 months, during a rebuild and after trading away their #1 draft pick of a year ago rb and giving him Brandon Weeden as a QB.
Richardson and Weeden were inherited from the Holmgren regime. Dumping Richardson for a 1st. round pick looks like a decent move; he's looking like a bust. Weeden was benched for Hoyer who was playing well until he went out for the year. I can't speak for the coaching situation or what was going on in the clubhouse, but these guys did make some right moves.

Members online

No members online now.