Alex Green to be traded?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Green has been hearing his name in a lot of trade talks. I curious to know who we've been talking to and for what. I'm guessing if anything it will be more draft picks and no players.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT isn't goint to trade for a kicker. No team is keep 2 so they will be available anyways when they make their cuts. It could be for some depth at virtually any position that has value or a pick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports that Packers’ RB Alex Green continues to hear his name discussed in trade talks.
“I’m just trying to take it day by day while I’m here,” said Green regarding the trade talk. “I’m trying not to look too far into the future.”

Mike McCarthy said earlier this week that he still sees DuJuan Harris as their starting running back.

This means the Packers could actually begin to shop both Green and James Starks in the coming weeks.

“Green has a little more value because he’s younger and has development potential,” one scout said. “Starks is a big back, but he is what he is.”

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Apparently Green has been hearing his name in a lot of trade talks. I curious to know who we've been talking to and for what. I'm guessing if anything it will be more draft picks and no players.
probably the Vikings ;)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I will believe it when I see it.

I don't believe anyone would give us anything of value for any of our disappointing RBs.
Why would they?
RB's are a dime a dozen.

Alex Green is nothing special, plus he's already had the ACL tear. Damaged goods.
He was a projected 5th-6th Rd draft pick we reached on. And he's done nothing.

If Teddy can get anyone to give anything for him, he should become a congressman.

H

HardRightEdge

Who the hell would give us anything for him?

Maybe one of the two teams who have 2 good kickers?

I share your immediate reaction, however Cleveland did sign Brandon Jackson for 2 years / $4.5 million after 2010 and all he was good for was pass blocking and the occasional middle screen. No accounting for taste.

If Green is hearing his name mentioned it's likely because the Packers are shopping him and word is getting back to his agent. That doesn't mean they'll get many takers. Maybe a low pick. The guy is not much of a blocker and he goes down on contact. I still think he might be useful to somebody out of the slot...he's an in-space player.

H

HardRightEdge

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports that Packers’ RB Alex Green continues to hear his name discussed in trade talks.
“I’m just trying to take it day by day while I’m here,” said Green regarding the trade talk. “I’m trying not to look too far into the future.”

Mike McCarthy said earlier this week that he still sees DuJuan Harris as their starting running back.

This means the Packers could actually begin to shop both Green and James Starks in the coming weeks.

“Green has a little more value because he’s younger and has development potential,” one scout said. “Starks is a big back, but he is what he is.”

I suspect they'd like to dump Starks, but might find the need to keep him. After Lacy, we don't have a guy who can get us a tough yard or two. Kuhn kind of lost it last season. I'll recant this opinion if Franklin shows he can do some tough running and is not just a scat back, though I have a hard time seeing him getting the job done in sell-out run situations behind a 7 or 8 man line.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I share your immediate reaction, however Cleveland did sign Brandon Jackson for 2 years / $4.5 million after 2010 and all he was good for was pass blocking and the occasional middle screen. No accounting for taste.

If Green is hearing his name mentioned it's likely because the Packers are shopping him and word is getting back to his agent. That doesn't mean they'll get many takers. Maybe a low pick. The guy is not much of a blocker and he goes down on contact. I still think he might be useful to somebody out of the slot...he's an in-space player.
He is still there. Couldn't believe it when I saw him the other night playing.

H

HardRightEdge

He is still there. Couldn't believe it when I saw him the other night playing.
Jackson signed for 1 year / $750,000...I think that's the vet minimum for his time in the league. That's about right for his skill set as a third down back.

But again...guys like Jackson, Vince Young, Muir, et. al. who sign for league minimums with no guarantees...they don't get paid unless they make the opening day roster. Those kinds of contracts are just extended tryout deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If Teddy can get anyone to give anything for him, he should become a congressman.
Why would he volunteer for a demotion and ruin his reputation? :D

If they can trade Green I'm guessing it'll be for a conditional late round pick.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Honestly wouldn't bother me to see him traded, anything we can get from his low value has to be better than nothing. Just one less standing in the way of the proper RB order anyway. D. Harris, E. Lacy, J. Franklin, that's all we need.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ideally, I'd like to see Green or Starks swapped to another team that might be thin at RB, but can trade us a decent backup on the O-line that might not make their final roster anyway. I believe the Eagles and Texans just made this type of deal. (except WR for O-line).

Short of that, any late round pick will do if you can get it. We obviously aren't keeping more than 3 or 4 from Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Green, Starks, and Pease, and the first two are probably locks and Harris should get the benefit of the doubt based on last season.

Members online

Latest posts