Albert Haynesworth to Minnesota?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a good source within the Vikings "organization" who has been telling me since draft day #1 that the Vikings are going to end up with Big Albert.

This is the first I have seen of this in the press: Report: Haynesworth interested in joining the Vikings

Don't dismiss it. The Vikings didn't draft:
Brett Favre
Steve Hutchinson
Bernie Berrian
Visanthe Shiancoe
Jared Allen
Pat Williams
Antoine Winfield
Madiu Williams
Ryan Longwell

They also didn't draft Hall of Famer Cris Carter. This team ****** me off scooping up talent.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can have him.

Will it make them a better team? Absolutely.

Will it make them champions? No.

Will it ruin their franchise, eventually, with the kind of Money it'll take? Damn right.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
none of those players have helped them get to a SB, let alone win one.

Talent is one thing, getting talent to co-exist and work to gain the golden grail is another story. While I like them trying to put the best players on the field, you can only have so many egos/ talents on one roster and get ahead. The key is having the 2nd level players that enhance and highlight those stars just right without getting in each others way on the way there.

Its the old adage of "too many chefs and not enough cooks" or "to many chiefs and not enough indians"

The Vikings are like the Redskins; too many stars and not enough role players.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to nit pick, but Cris Carter isn't in the Hall of Fame. Maybe eventually, but last I checked he got passed over. Again.

And as others have accurately pointed out, all that talent has gotten Minnesota exactly 0 championships. Sure, Haynesworth might play well for them. Then again, he might half *** it like he did in Washington. Either way, let Minny take him and his salary. Eventually they're gonna wind up in cap hell, which will be awesome for us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I see Chris Carter I think of Reggie White throwing him. Anyone remember that?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The queens don't realize that they're biggest need right now is QB. What "IF" Favre actually does lead them to a superbowl title and they are picking 32 in next year's draft. Can you take a franchise QB with that pick?? And how far can you really move up?? We all know Favre will retire for real eventually and once that happens the queens will be stuck in the rebuilding process for the next 10 years. With guys like P. Williams, K. Williams, Antione Winfield set to retire shortly as well the queens' window of opportunity is closing fast.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I see Chris Carter I think of Reggie White throwing him. Anyone remember that?

I was at that game in the dome. Reggie tossed Corey Stringer aside like a rag doll in that game as well. Stringer was throwing up behind the Yikes bench before the game was over. Was this 1996?? I think the Yikes beat us.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a good source within the Vikings "organization" who has been telling me since draft day #1 that the Vikings are going to end up with Big Albert.

This is the first I have seen of this in the press: Report: Haynesworth interested in joining the Vikings

Don't dismiss it. The Vikings didn't draft:
Brett Favre
Steve Hutchinson
Bernie Berrian
Visanthe Shiancoe
Jared Allen
Pat Williams
Antoine Winfield
Madiu Williams
Ryan Longwell

They also didn't draft Hall of Famer Cris Carter. This team ****** me off scooping up talent.

Can you get me Favres autograph?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at that game in the dome. Reggie tossed Corey Stringer aside like a rag doll in that game as well. Stringer was throwing up behind the Yikes bench before the game was over. Was this 1996?? I think the Yikes beat us.

1994, Yeah they beat us 13-10 I think.

I have the game on DVD and I would like to upload that play on here without putting it on youtube. Anybody know how I could do that?

If I ever run into Steve Sabol I am going to ask him why he hasnt replayed that play.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, they really build their team to achieve sustained success. I wonder, what their record will be in about five years! :viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The queens don't realize that they're biggest need right now is QB. What "IF" Favre actually does lead them to a superbowl title and they are picking 32 in next year's draft. Can you take a franchise QB with that pick?? And how far can you really move up?? We all know Favre will retire for real eventually and once that happens the queens will be stuck in the rebuilding process for the next 10 years. With guys like P. Williams, K. Williams, Antione Winfield set to retire shortly as well the queens' window of opportunity is closing fast.
Pat Williams is 37 and about ready to retire. Kevin Williams is 29, one year younger than Pickett. Both Harris and Woodson are older than Winfield. Allen is younger than Jenkins. So who's D is getting older? And why is it a requirement to draft a staring QB in the first round?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat Williams is 37 and about ready to retire. Kevin Williams is 29, one year younger than Pickett. Both Harris and Woodson are older than Winfield. Allen is younger than Jenkins. So who's D is getting older? And why is it a requirement to draft a staring QB in the first round?

The Vikings are!

Team Age
26.1 Philadelphia Eagles
26.1 Miami Dolphins
26.2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.4 St. Louis Rams
26.5 Houston Texans
26.5 New York Giants
26.5 Chicago Bears
26.5 San Francisco 49ers
26.5 Baltimore Ravens
26.6 Oakland Raiders
26.6 Cleveland Browns
26.8 Carolina Panthers
26.8 Pittsburgh Steelers
26.9 Tennessee Titans
27.0 Kansas City Chiefs
27.0 Detroit Lions
27.1 Jacksonville Jaguars
27.1 Green Bay Packers
27.1 New Orleans Saints
27.3 San Diego Chargers
27.4 Denver Broncos
27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.6 Arizona Cardinals
27.7 New York Jets
27.8 Seattle Seahawks
27.9 Atlanta Falcons
28.1 Indianapolis Colts
28.1 Dallas Cowboys
28.2 Washington Redskins
28.4 Cincinnati Bengals
28.6 Minnesota Vikings
29.7 New England Patriots

Defense Age
25.3 Houston Texans
25.6 Jacksonville Jaguars
25.9 Cincinnati Bengals
26.5 Indianapolis Colts
26.6 Kansas City Chiefs
26.6 Atlanta Falcons
26.7 New York Giants
26.7 San Diego Chargers
26.8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.8 St. Louis Rams
26.9 Detroit Lions
27.0 Carolina Panthers
27.1 Seattle Seahawks
27.2 San Francisco 49ers
27.2 Dallas Cowboys
27.3 Philadelphia Eagles
27.3 Chicago Bears
27.5 Oakland Raiders
27.5 Green Bay Packers
27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.5 New England Patriots
27.6 Tennessee Titans
27.6 New York Jets
27.7 Miami Dolphins
27.9 Cleveland Browns
27.9 New Orleans Saints
27.9 Minnesota Vikings
28.1 Washington Redskins
28.4 Baltimore Ravens
28.4 Arizona Cardinals
28.9 Denver Broncos
29.2 Pittsburgh Steelers

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
none of those players have helped them get to a SB, let alone win one.

The Vikings are like the Redskins; too many stars and not enough role players.
Let's be real though for a moment.
Those f***ers have won the past 2 division titles over us, one year with Favray and one with Jackson. And this past season they outplayed the Super Bowl champion Saints in their Superdome.

Let's not make Packer fans look bad and pretend like they sucked the past 2 years with the roster that they have. They have won 3 straight games against us as well.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, that got them how many championships?

And if by outplayed you mean "Lost the NFC Championship game and a shot to go to the Super Bowl" then you're right. They "outplayed" the Saints.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Vikings are!

Team Age
26.1 Philadelphia Eagles
26.1 Miami Dolphins
26.2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.4 St. Louis Rams
26.5 Houston Texans
26.5 New York Giants
26.5 Chicago Bears
26.5 San Francisco 49ers
26.5 Baltimore Ravens
26.6 Oakland Raiders
26.6 Cleveland Browns
26.8 Carolina Panthers
26.8 Pittsburgh Steelers
26.9 Tennessee Titans
27.0 Kansas City Chiefs
27.0 Detroit Lions
27.1 Jacksonville Jaguars
27.1 Green Bay Packers
27.1 New Orleans Saints
27.3 San Diego Chargers
27.4 Denver Broncos
27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.6 Arizona Cardinals
27.7 New York Jets
27.8 Seattle Seahawks
27.9 Atlanta Falcons
28.1 Indianapolis Colts
28.1 Dallas Cowboys
28.2 Washington Redskins
28.4 Cincinnati Bengals
28.6 Minnesota Vikings
29.7 New England Patriots

Defense Age
25.3 Houston Texans
25.6 Jacksonville Jaguars
25.9 Cincinnati Bengals
26.5 Indianapolis Colts
26.6 Kansas City Chiefs
26.6 Atlanta Falcons
26.7 New York Giants
26.7 San Diego Chargers
26.8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.8 St. Louis Rams
26.9 Detroit Lions
27.0 Carolina Panthers
27.1 Seattle Seahawks
27.2 San Francisco 49ers
27.2 Dallas Cowboys
27.3 Philadelphia Eagles
27.3 Chicago Bears
27.5 Oakland Raiders
27.5 Green Bay Packers
27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.5 New England Patriots
27.6 Tennessee Titans
27.6 New York Jets
27.7 Miami Dolphins
27.9 Cleveland Browns
27.9 New Orleans Saints
27.9 Minnesota Vikings
28.1 Washington Redskins
28.4 Baltimore Ravens
28.4 Arizona Cardinals
28.9 Denver Broncos
29.2 Pittsburgh Steelers

How about a link to your source. Because for the past three years all I heard was the Packers were the youngest team in the league. You numbers don't back up that claim.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, that got them how many championships?

And if by outplayed you mean "Lost the NFC Championship game and a shot to go to the Super Bowl" then you're right. They "outplayed" the Saints.
Exactly. The Vikings simply are not allowed to win a Title, we all know that. They've been the better team many times, still can't win it, nor will they ever. Until they, like the Lakers, flee to Los Angeles.

However, you can't fault the assembly of that team. That team has won OUR division the past 2 years. They have beaten us the past 3 times.
Their risky tradee Jared Allen has battered Aaron Rodgers, while our pass rush never once sacked f*****g a*****e f******t Favre in either game last year.

I hate that team more than any of you do, but you can't fool me and pretend that they're not a good-great team.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So we are talking about real age and you come up with some approxamate value age which is based strictly on the the starters. Tell me does it take into consideration that Pat Williams only plays about 1/3 of all the defensive plays during a game? Also, since it use's last years numbers, a team like the Packers would show younger since one you your older D backs was out for so many games and replaced with a younger person as a starter. It's an interesting concept. I see several things wrong with his theory. One being he use's rushing yards to total yards ratio of the teams since 1970. Yet since the 1980's with the rule changes, teams are passing more than in the 1970's. While it may not seem like much, teams like Houston, Jacksonville and Carolina would benefit from this since they have no rushing stats from the 70's.

FWIW, the overall "real" age of the two teams as of the rosters on 4/25/2010 goes like this.

Packers 26.0
Vikings 26.7

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a couple things.

1. I thought Visante Shiancoe WAS a draft pick of the vikings

2. Say what you will but I THINK the Vikings may be better set at QB than most think, and NO I'm not talking about Tavaris Jackson. He's crap. I actually don't even see Jackson making the team this year, or if he does he's definately gone at the end of the year.

3. Them signing Haynesworth ONLY makes sense if their D-tackles get suspended. If not they don't need him. And if they don't sign him I'd be willing to bet he's brought into GB for a tryout.

4. Favre haters or not...objectively I think we'd all agree Minnesota NEEDS him this year, but maybe ONLY this year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3. Them signing Haynesworth ONLY makes sense if their D-tackles get suspended. If not they don't need him. And if they don't sign him I'd be willing to bet he's brought into GB for a tryout.

Albert isnt a FA so he wouldnt be signed he would be traded for. And no try out either. Regardless I dont think TT would bring him in, he isnt "packer material" in regards to his attitude.

Tjack is a FA after this year as he signed a 1 year tender.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I know the Packers werent the youngest last year for sure.

The NY Times is usually just a pile of liberal hippy ****. But thats where I found it

How to Measure Team Age in the N.F.L. and What It Means for 2010 - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com
They were the youngest last year. From a Sept. 16, 2009 Journal-Sentinel article. But I'm sure they must be wrong.

The Packers opened the season with the league's youngest roster for the fourth-straight season. After being tied with the Kansas City Chiefs last season, the Packers took the outright lead again by posting an average age of 25.70 years.

Packers NFL's youngest team for 4th-straight year - JSOnline

Members online

Latest posts