Alarming possibility straight from the lockeroom

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my place of employment a fellow worker came up to me and said his son was a ball boy/ equipment boy at Sunday's Bear game. I will add, this kid is a huge Favre fan. He said after the game in the lockeroom there were only three people left; Brett, Deanna and Mike Sherman (they were in a closed door meeting) when the meeting ended this boy said the three of them were teary eyed and hugging as Brett was in type of soft cast!

What does this mean? Was this the end of the streak(factured wrist), or does it mark the end of Brett's career ?

I sure hope it is none of the above! :cry:

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't read too much into it. The Media finds things out quick. I think we would have heard any bad news by now.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a "wrap" on Brett's arm. He said he had a knot in the arm which was worse than cut on his hand.

I think Sherman had to tell him that the INT's are hurting the team and he has to consider just letting a punt happen. Favre always meets with Sherman to give his perspective of what happened.

I think Deana is concerned about the shot he took in the back and how blitzes were not picked up. It's dangerous going no backfield against the Bears. It was working well except for a couple of INT's.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman is more of an 'observer' than a 'do-er'...that is not a criticism of any sort, it's just the kind of coach he is--

and what that means is he has the ability to empathize with more veteran players, let them go about their business through practice and such, even in game time i think the players have a lot of freedom on playcalls, discipline...this is why he had such strong successes in playoff years past, when we had a more skilled, experienced roster...however sherman is not the type who can mold players--you notice this with the struggles of carroll, roman, and others--and if you notice the increased penalty levels on both sides of the ball, it kinda makes you think...with all of the young players that Thompson is bringing in, is Sherman really the right coach for the direction this team is going in

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I'm buying it. What the hell would Deanna be doing in the lockerroom or anywhere near the coaches room immediately after the game. And if it was so long after the game that only Brett,Deanna and Sherm were there, what the hell was the ballboy still doing there?

Somebody is trying to start rumors (not saying it is you Packman4Favre) without really thinking their story through.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when the meeting ended this boy said the three of them were teary eyed and hugging as Brett was in type of soft cast!

I don't know why the other two were teary eyed but i were Brett you would see me crying from the beating i took on the field. The first thing Brett should do at pratice is throw about five balls at mach six to Lee hoping to break a bunch of his fingers.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to find stuff like this very interesting when I lived near Green Bay. I'm really amazed at how few rumors of this type ever surface in these Internet forums. The bar scene in Green Bay was always abuzz with rumors, of which 85% had some truth in them.

Quite frankly, I can't help but think some decisions have been made and this is a reflection of it(if true). If you recall, Brett wanted to leave last year after the Vikings game, but Sherman talked him out of it. It would not surprise me at all to see Brett hang it, especially if he's injured.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
net said:
I used to find stuff like this very interesting when I lived near Green Bay. I'm really amazed at how few rumors of this type ever surface in these Internet forums. The bar scene in Green Bay was always abuzz with rumors, of which 85% had some truth in them.

Quite frankly, I can't help but think some decisions have been made and this is a reflection of it(if true). If you recall, Brett wanted to leave last year after the Vikings game, but Sherman talked him out of it. It would not surprise me at all to see Brett hang it, especially if he's injured.

Brett made his decision based on many things NONE of which were related to Sherman an his talk. The talk was based on Sherman asking Brett what he was gonna do, retire or come back. It wasn't at all Sherman talking Brett into coming back.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People love to latch on to a snippet of truth and then embelish it with added details to support their own perspective or opinion. When I lived in GB, I knew a guy who used to love to spout his speculations on the Packers as "inside information" He would add credibility to his stories by stating that his information came from someone within the Packers organization who spoke with the coaches almost everyday. I had known him most of his life and knew his "inside source" was his mother, who worked as a cleaning lady in the Packer offices. She did talk to the coaches everyday - about the weather, or how their families or doing, or other small talk - because she knew or cared nothing about football. Any time I read something from somebody who calims to be an "insider" I think of this guy and know that 99% of the "inside information" passed around is pure bull.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they were crying out of joy, because Favre just had decided to come back next year and win the SB with Reggie Bush behind him under center!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Sherman said he's gone but didn't want that to effect Brett's decision to come back next year. Look at the source....a ball boy.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see, zero, Sherman just sat there and Brett told him what he was going to do.

Not what McGinn(and the P-G reporters also) reported that several players had told him. Favre walked in after the Vikings loss and said he was done. McGinn reported Sherman told him to think about it, that he wanted him back, and to give it some time.

Without that meeting, Brett would have hung it.

Sorry.

Big_Dog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
however sherman is not the type who can mold players--you notice this with the struggles of carroll, roman, and others

It seems to me that Roman and Carroll are both playin much better this year than last year. Carroll said in an interview that it was after his talk with Sherman after the Atlanta game that he determined that he had to improve himself.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I heard it, Brett's mom was there too bringing him chunky soup like Donovan McNabb's mom does, and Deanna decided it needed some onions added to it. They all became teary eyed while she was peeling the onion to add to the soup. :p

Members online

Latest posts