1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Al Micheals and Chris Collinsworth

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Feb 6, 2018.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,784
    I just watched the replay of the Superbowl again after Sunday and have to say they are the most BIASED commentators I`ve ever heard in my life. I`m sure they were wearing Patriots shirts in the booth. You could almost hear the disappointment in thier voices. They seriously questioned TWO of the Eagles TD`s which even to me an almost virgin football fan (30 years) were so obvious it was unreal. Thank God I don`t have to listen to them every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +7,846
    I actually like Al and Chris, but then again, I like Joe and Troy. :D

I still think they were play acting the 2 reviews of "was it a catch or not" and it wouldn't have mattered if it had been the Patriots TD's being questioned. I believe this for 2 reasons. First, the obvious, drama and controversy makes for great TV. What better place to be up on a stage, over dramatizing the review process. Which brings me to the second reason, the recent controversy around the catch rule. Al and Chris obviously are in tune with the fact that the rule has been questioned quite a bit this year, they were just using their position to throw some gas on the fire of change and entertain their audience in the process.

But I will take Al/Chris, Joe/Troy and Jim Nantz/Tony Romo over most of the other broadcast duo's out there.

3. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,127
    as far as announcers go, Chris and Al, Joe and Troy are about as good as they get. I've watched plenty of other announcing teams and though they may have things that annoy us, at least they are usually calling the game correctly. Half these other guys can't even get the names on the jersey's correct or they're going off about something they read in pregame programming and you wonder if they're even actually watching the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +7,846
    and remember......where ever Joe and Troy go, Erin Andrews goes. :inlove:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +329
    They may well have been biased, but it wasn't just them questioning those touchdowns. I saw commentators questioning both those touchdowns for about a week after the Super Bowl. One article I read said that if those touchdowns had occurred in the regular season they would not have been touchdowns.

Now I may not agree with that, but if you play Zach Ertz' touchdown next to Dez Bryant's famous non-catch, they don't look that different. As long as you don't look too closely, anyway. IMO they were both touchdowns, but Michaels and Collinsworth weren't the only ones who questioned them.

6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,784
    I appreciate your information. It just infuriated me.

7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,127
    I think Ertz and Bryant's were pretty different. Ertz caught the ball cleanly, was not contacted at all, on his 3rd step a defender took out his knee as he lunged for the endzone. Clearly a catch with control, clear established runner and a clear crossing of the goalline with control. TD. Bryant and Shields were in contact pretty much from the moment of the ball touching his hands, he was falling from the start, never looked like a runner to me at all. he looked like a guy falling to the ground and moving his legs as much as he could to prolong that from happening. Ball did NOT cross the goal line prior to him losing control.

From the moment the ball touched his hand, it was tipped by Shields and moved, Dez was falling to the ground from the moment he started to secure the ball and that didn't get put away until he was in the air and stretching for the goal line and then the ball clearly hits the ground and is clearly knocked loose and all of this happened before he crossed the goal line. Had he not secured it in the endzone, but instead it rolled out the back Dallas would be agreeing that it was Packers ball on the 20 i'm sure :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Ratings:
    +1,094
    I get a kick out of it when a commentator like Aikman sits there and talks up a team and how special they are when they are winning by s couple of scores at half time.
    Then when other team comes back from behind he switches to his story to accomadate the score. It’s a bit common