Al Harris will leave as a Packer

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the news!

Who will ever forget his interception during the Seahawks game...at least in my eyes he is one of the best trades we've ever done in recent memory!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting this but Im not surprised after GB I don't know if I ever remember him aside from getting torched by us vs St Louis.

That INT of his is one of those plays I'll never forget. Im glad to call him a Packer again. Bit of a stretch to make the Packers HoF i'd imagine. His numbers over 7 years weren't very gaudy but he made 2 pro bowls and picked off 14 passes including 1 every packer fan loves and Matt Hasselback has nightmares of lol

H

HardRightEdge

Wasn't expecting this but Im not surprised after GB I don't know if I ever remember him aside from getting torched by us vs St Louis.

That INT of his is one of those plays I'll never forget. Im glad to call him a Packer again. Bit of a stretch to make the Packers HoF i'd imagine. His numbers over 7 years weren't very gaudy but he made 2 pro bowls and picked off 14 passes including 1 every packer fan loves and Matt Hasselback has nightmares of lol

There are over 250 guys in the Packer Hall of Fame. It's not a particularly high bar. That's right...I said it. And this is coming from someone who did not like him that much as a player...a gambler who was burned a bit too often for my tastes. There are not that many Packers with 2 Pro Bowls to begin with.

So, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Alshinard.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
When you make an interception on the first play of OT in a playoff game and run it back for a touchdown to win the game, you are a packer for life.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great man he was!
And that PLAYOFF game-winning Int was one of the greatest moments in Packer history, at least since the black & white days of Lombardi.

Reaction score
Who didn't love Al? Yeah, he (but Mckenzie most of the time) would have his occasional risky gamble that led to a big play for the offense, but he was a solid lock down corner for us for many years.

Also his cousin was my football coach so coaching is clearly in his blood plus hopefully I can meet Al someday :cool:

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see him retire as a Packer, a man with toughness and nastiness we still are missing.

Btw. that comment from Hasselbeck still gotta be the best Jinx ever, "We want the ball, and we're gonna score" Oh yea.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason I remember more of his bumps in his career than his highlights. The injury. TO giving him fit. Ect.

I hope he is successful in coaching

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris was never a #1 CB, but was a great #2 guy. He wasn't much of a highlight reel beyond that Seahawks game. What he did was play bump & run coverage quite well and pissed off the other team's receivers, not with dirty play but physical play. He and Woodson were legit for a few years as the top tandem. Of course, when you play that close to the line you're more apt to get burned. He didn't have the lights out speed to recover but mostly held his own.

I've got buddies that hated him, but for the position and style of play, I thought he did a good job for many years

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I sit here watching the 2007 playoff game versus the Giants, I'm reminded of how badly Plaxico Shoot Myself In The Leg Burress abused poor Al during that game. It doesn't change my opinion, but does highlight Al's decline.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts