AL Harris ... OVERATED?

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
on another website a guy that I know decently well that seemed to know a lot about the NFL said this:

first he said: "Al harris is really overrated. I hope he doesnt get a new contract."

so i responded: "Al Harris overated? I though he was underated."

then he said the unthinkable "yeah id take Ahmad Caroll over him [Harris] anyday."

WHAT?!?!?!
I mean i had talked to this guy in a NFL forum and he seemed to know he was talking about... but COME ON!

another pack fan said: "Yes, because a CB who gets a foul every play deserves to be on the field" in responce to his comments

he responded but made it worse "im sure you know your corners more than I do, but im just saying I think his [Carrol] gonan turn out to be a better player than he is now, and a better player than harris ever will be."

then he said "hmm well to me he [Harris] is overrated, ill try and keep a lookout for him this year and maybe he will prove me wrong. when he was with the eagles i wasent impressed."

i bashed this guy saying "if you were not joking when you said you would take Carrol over Harris than, no offence but, you are an idiot. Al Harris is a quality starter probably top 15 CB in the league. Ahmad Carrol is a nickelback who commits penalties ALL THE TIME"

later on he said: "I just think his[harris] overrated!.......you want an underrated corner.....Terence Newman."

and: "I said he [Carrol] would be better. When harris was at the eagles he sucked, I was never impressed by him, so he goes to the packers and yeah i dont hear much about him i mean has he made a pro bowl? Im not saying his a bad corner im just saying his not as good as some of you make him seem."

and: "as in eventually he[Carroll] will be better [then Harris].

and lastly "I said id take him [Carroll], only because his younger and I think he has a better future, if you gave me one for one year then yes of course id take harris. You guys better hope im right and carroll turns into a solid corner."

I didn't edit anything he said only added []'s so sometimes when he said his he meant he's and there might be some other gramatical mistakes. Anyway isn't that just hillarious?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man those guys are crazy I'd take Al harris over Mike Mackenzie and Ahmad Carrol put together.

Reaction score
He hasn't followed the Packers, because if he had he would have known; seems to be going by Harris's early years. By no means is Harris the fastest or anything, but he is smart and crazy strong. That is something he uses to his advantage, and he has gained a ton of respect. Honestly Sherman got a stead in Harris, but I don't think anyone expected him to become the player he has. He is a top CB in the league, no questions asked. He is a shutdown corner.

With that said, I think Carroll has a bright future. At least I want him to. If he can get Harris's ethic, dedication, mentality (except the contract mentality) then he will be better, IMO. He has better physical tools at his disposal than Harris, but he has a ways to go still and NOTHING is guranteed.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take McKenzies' talent, not his attitude over Harris though he almost went down that road for the OTA's. This year Harris will be playing with a major chip trying to prove his worth over Woodman. He should have an unbelievable year IMHO.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris overrated??? Not according to Chad Johnson. When it comes to rating CBs, I would take the word of one of the best receivers in the league over an armchair QB on an internet forum anyday. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That guy isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer is he. Al Harris last year was matched up against the best WR on every team we played and he allowed only 1 TD. That is outstanding. This guy is top notch and if the Packers dont give him a contract extension and a raise after this season they are making a big mistake.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris isn't overrated. He's been underrated for most of his career. But he's, what, 31? And he really didn't look that good over the last half of 2005. It won't be long before he just won't have the speed for the job.

Woodson, OTOH, is overrated. He's got a lot to prove, IMO.

Ahmad Carroll is better than people give him credit for. He's underrated.

TT might give Harris a "thank you" raise, but he won't offer much of an extension to a 32 (in December) year old CB on a rebuilding team with younger talent available.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the contributions that he makes for this team during the course of a season I dont quite think he is overratted. I do agree with this guy (whoever said this) that Carroll could turn out to be better than Harris. But as of right now and the past couple of years...I would take Harris anyday over Carroll, or for that matter Woodson or anyone else we have on our team.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
harris overrated with interceptions for touchdowns and getting to recivers like he did with the falcons,the guy thought he had a t.d. but al new it wasnt replay showed al was right caroll may be good but i'll keep al for right now :)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Al Harris a lot, and think he is going to do good, in fact I agree since69 Woodson is overrated but to an extent. Woodson is my mind is still Hell of a cornerback, but i think he is got into the point where people are still praising him great when he wouldn't beat Al Harris, IMO. As on the discussion of Ahmad Carrol, I like him, I think he'll grow into a good cornerback one of these days, I think he deserves a little bashing for his troubles, but not as much as Trom and others are doing.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
on another website a guy that I know decently well that seemed to know a lot about the NFL said this:

first he said: "Al harris is really overrated. I hope he doesnt get a new contract."

so i responded: "Al Harris overated? I though he was underated."

then he said the unthinkable "yeah id take Ahmad Caroll over him [Harris] anyday."

WHAT?!?!?!
I mean i had talked to this guy in a NFL forum and he seemed to know he was talking about... but COME ON!

another pack fan said: "Yes, because a CB who gets a foul every play deserves to be on the field" in responce to his comments

he responded but made it worse "im sure you know your corners more than I do, but im just saying I think his [Carrol] gonan turn out to be a better player than he is now, and a better player than harris ever will be."

then he said "hmm well to me he [Harris] is overrated, ill try and keep a lookout for him this year and maybe he will prove me wrong. when he was with the eagles i wasent impressed."

i bashed this guy saying "if you were not joking when you said you would take Carrol over Harris than, no offence but, you are an idiot. Al Harris is a quality starter probably top 15 CB in the league. Ahmad Carrol is a nickelback who commits penalties ALL THE TIME"

later on he said: "I just think his[harris] overrated!.......you want an underrated corner.....Terence Newman."

and: "I said he [Carrol] would be better. When harris was at the eagles he sucked, I was never impressed by him, so he goes to the packers and yeah i dont hear much about him i mean has he made a pro bowl? Im not saying his a bad corner im just saying his not as good as some of you make him seem."

and: "as in eventually he[Carroll] will be better [then Harris].

and lastly "I said id take him [Carroll], only because his younger and I think he has a better future, if you gave me one for one year then yes of course id take harris. You guys better hope im right and carroll turns into a solid corner."

I didn't edit anything he said only added []'s so sometimes when he said his he meant he's and there might be some other gramatical mistakes. Anyway isn't that just hillarious?

Must've been Carroll's agent. :wink:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit Al's first year here I wanted him gone but now there isn't a corner I'd trade for him. He may not be the fastest but at all other aspects he's #1. Carrol I wanted gone after his rookie year.......wait, I still want him gone

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I will admit Al's first year here I wanted him gone but now there isn't a corner I'd trade for him. He may not be the fastest but at all other aspects he's #1. Carrol I wanted gone after his rookie year.......wait, I still want him gone

Al Harris is tough but I wouldn't go this far. If Shanahan called the Packers and said, "Champ Bailey for Al Harris, straight up." Would you pull the trigger? I know I would.

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
NDPackerFan said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Al Harris is tough but I wouldn't go this far. If Shanahan called the Packers and said, "Champ Bailey for Al Harris, straight up." Would you pull the trigger? I know I would.

I would to but Ahmad Carrol isn't close to as good as Al

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Good obseravation ND when I wrote that Champ was exactly the one guy I was thinking of. Al's not overated but I could agree if someone says he plays above his talent

Members online

Latest posts