Al harris NOT holding out!! YAY!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Wahle could have been retained - end of story

For sure, if he'd agreed to a itty bitty first year and ballooned second year or years. Apparently there just was no effort to retain him creativitly. Ted was wrong when he said guards were easily replaced or so he proved himself wrong last year lol

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no guarantee Wahle would have gone along with less the first year than the offer he already had on the table. Why would he?

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today works in Popeye comics but not NFL economics.

The fact that he got to free agency(that we didn't or couldn't extend his contract the previous year) and that we held such a weak position to negotiate goes further back than TT.

Shermans ability to manage the cap left a lot to be desired. When you see contracts like KGB's renegotiated and not enough forsight to see Wahle and Rivera's situation coming you have to wonder what they were thinking.

Yeah TT could have unloaded more talent to make room. Just what the team didn't need. Less talent and less depth and more base salary guys. Hell of an option.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Yeah TT could have unloaded more talent to make room. Just what the team didn't need.

Since when did David Martin become talent? Boy sure glad TT signed him or this team would have been in a world of hurt.

Room could have been made. You can make up all the excuses you want, but it was possible. Would TT have had to do some hard work to get it done, of course. Last time I checked that was his job. He has to get that done or at least have a secondary plan in place, HE HAD and DID NEITHER!

Unexcusable mistake. With a O-line of any worth this year we could have a solid team. We would probably not have enough for a Super Bowl run but we could easily make the Playoffs and maybe give ourselves a chance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
With a O-line of any worth this year we could have a solid team. We would probably not have enough for a Super Bowl run but we could easily make the Playoffs and maybe give ourselves a chance.

So you're saying our offensive line this year is worthless before even knowing the starters or seeing them play a few games?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
Yeah TT could have unloaded more talent to make room. Just what the team didn't need.

Since when did David Martin become talent? Boy sure glad TT signed him or this team would have been in a world of hurt.

Room could have been made. You can make up all the excuses you want, but it was possible. Would TT have had to do some hard work to get it done, of course. Last time I checked that was his job. He has to get that done or at least have a secondary plan in place, HE HAD and DID NEITHER!

I didn't mention Martin. You did. It would have taken more than getting rid of Martin to resign Wahle.

And I'm not making any excuses for anyone. TT walked into a situation. He didn't CREATE it.
You say "he had to get this done", I say Sherman "had" to leave him with more to get it done with.
You think Wahle would have opted for less signing bonus for a later pay day? Yeah right.
Money talks. Wahle took it.
We would have had a better shot getting him to agree to to an extension BEFORE he became a FA.
FA's tend to take advantage of having been given the opportunity to become one.
That's why teams try not to let them get there in the first place.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge and Spitz are going to make everyone forget completely about Wahle and Rivera. There I said it....I can't believe I said it, but I said it.

Who knows if I'm right or not at this point? It's all speculative. Let the guys have a chance and let's judge them after the fact. Colledge may be a Pro Bowler from the get-go...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I feel like this could we have 'retained Wahle or not' is like finding out who kill JFK. Everyone knows who it was and who it wasn't, but there is no agreement.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats not too crazy, ND.

On par as Pyle saying our o-line sucks without it playing one down.

those young men are impressing coaches, and yeah it was no-pads, and we will find out a lot more in a couple weeks. Should be exciting.

But it is already better than last year. Klemm is like 3rd string now instead of a starter. lol...where he belonged last year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
thats not too crazy, ND.

those young men are impressing coaches, and yeah it was no-pads, and we will find out a lot more in a couple weeks. Should be exciting.

But it is already better than last year. Klemm is like 3rd string now instead of a starter. lol...where he belonged last year.

So it's crazy to say they will suck without seeing them play, but NOT crazy to say they will be good without seeing them play.......hmmmmm, interesting

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just said its AS crazy (my 'on par' statement.)

Please read entire posts next time. :)

they can go either way, crappy or good. The only thing I(myself) can go by is reports...which are positive so far. So I am on the 'they will be fine' side of the fence. But what do those people know who write those reports.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
just a fast reply...

Some people have said this already but I need to re-say it..

TT could have kept him of course..but at what cost..who would have re-did their contract to help..who would they have cut to save some cap..

I am not saying TT COULDNT have done it, but rather it would have been pretty darn hard to IMO..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
thats not too crazy, ND.

So it's crazy to say they will suck without seeing them play, but NOT crazy to say they will be good without seeing them play.......hmmmmm, interesting

So with that said.
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
With a O-line of any worth this year we could have a solid team. We would probably not have enough for a Super Bowl run but we could easily make the Playoffs and maybe give ourselves a chance.

So you're saying our offensive line this year is worthless before even knowing the starters or seeing them play a few games?

That would be an accurate assumption then.

WOW

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lol@stupid
lol@arrogant

You made me laugh with those!

I do question this, why would Wahle, his agent and Andrew Brandt say(on the fan with Chris Havel) the Packers did not have the cap room for Wahle, but yet you think you know more than they do? Was their a conspiracy that you found and are now ready to exploit publicly? Do tell, do tell!!

Boy I didn't mean to open this flood gate. You just said it had been discussed adnaseum here and that "GB couldn't have kept Wahle." As proven, that was a myth.

Additionally, you say that Wahle, his agent, the guy in section 204, row k, seat 12 and whoever else suggested that the cap didn't have room for him. That's the polite way of saying "they didn't want my cap number in their final figures." i.e. Carolina didn't have the cap space to keep Muhsin Muhammad, a long time Panther. They released him and used that very same money to bring in Wahle and Ken Lucas. It was what was most economically feasible for the team though the figures were the same (two for one is always good!). Carolina did make offers to Muhammad and he left over a minute difference in figures.

It happened again this season with Will Witherspoon who left over $3,000,000. Peanuts to him, but a ton of money to us (or atleast me) and his right to take. That opened up room for Ma'ake Kemoeatu (DT Baltimore), Justin Hartwig (C Tennessee), and of course WeShaun (WR Dallas).

As for Wahle, check this out (They had the money and made him a sub par offer?)

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 7932.shtml

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
panther poster said:
the guy in section 204, row k, seat 12

Do you even know who Andrew Brandt is? Regardless, you just proved nothing further in your post is worth 3 seconds to read.

From valid sources it's been PROVEN we couldn't match Carolina's offer.

Wanna keep arguing, find someone else to argue with. Because all I really give a damn about is HE'S GONE so no matter if someone says we had the space or not, its not going to bring him back to the Packers.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but jesus this debate/argument is so freaking old and worn out its nearly as stupid as debating politics with equally uneducated people.

Members online

Latest posts