1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Al Harris Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DeusNova, Oct 12, 2005.

1. DeusNova

DeusNova Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, he deserves it.

3. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very well deserved I guess I didn't realize just how good of a year he is having, I got this off Fox Sports website.

No one is noticing this because, before this week, the rest of the secondary was awful. But Al Harris is very quietly having a great season. We track how each team does against different types of receivers, and Green Bay is 27th against second receivers, 31st against third receivers and 22nd against tight ends. However, the Packers are the best defense in the league so far against No. 1 receivers. With Harris usually covering the other team's top receiver, Green Bay limited Steve Smith to 12 yards, Roy Williams to 13 yards, Donte' Stallworth to six, Antonio Bryant to 32 and Joey Galloway to 53 . (Or, if you consider Michael Clayton to be Tampa Bay's No. 1 receiver, he had just 44 yards.)

Granted besides Steve Smith those WR's aren't superstars but still pretty impressive.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I love al harris, he is such a pro.