Al Harris injury news..

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we were out played and out coached last night but having bigby out really hurt because rouse did not play well. also Nick Collins was having a good game before he got hurt and as you might recall peprah got ran around on that long td. And the worst one of all Al Harris was injured and that was huge for our defense.

But the worse just got worser just got news that Al Harris might be out for the season with a ruptured spleen. This is terrible news and our defense will be in trouble with out him
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archi ... eason.aspx

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Possibly bad injury news..

Rouse didn't do that bad. He had 9 tackles and 3 assists. Your right about being out coached though. Might be a little premature, but MM just might be the second comming of Marty Schottenheimer(sp?).

James

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Indeed, this is terrible news. From what I hear, due to Harris' age, a ruptured spleen could not only end his season, but his career. I sure hope that's not the case.

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

just because you get a lot of tackles doesn't mean you had a good game. he didn't play terrible but in 2 games he has taken some terrible angles. If your alignment and coverage is bad then people will get open which means more catches which means more tackles in the secondary.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Why not just remove Harris's spleen and be done with it? I had my spleen removed in July back in high school and I was on the football field by mid-September. If they do it now, he could be back by December for sure.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

angryguy77 said:
Rouse didn't do that bad. He had 9 tackles and 3 assists. Your right about being out coached though. Might be a little premature, but MM just might be the second comming of Marty Schottenheimer(sp?).

Like said before, Rouse took some bad angles and paid for it. I think it is his inexperience in the NFL. Bigby would of made a big difference in this game. Rouse likes to throw the big hit, like he did in college. His scouting report said he could end up playing linebacker because of the power he can hit with, as showed at VT. He either has to choose to play positionally and learn the angles and when to take them or play situationally, IMO. Better if he can incorporate (sp?) the two. Just my 2 cents, I could be very wrong.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We could be screwed hard if haris is gone.. Tramon has been playin like shizz and got deep by miles austin?? I wouldn't have even known who that was unless I played madden

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GreenBlood said:
Why not just remove Harris's spleen and be done with it? I had my spleen removed in July back in high school and I was on the football field by mid-September. If they do it now, he could be back by December for sure.

Someone with an M.D. Correct me if I'm wrong, but rupture means its not intact anymore, meaning rather than some simple laproscopic type surgery to remove it, they probably have to do something much more invasive. That means more healing time I think. Now don't quote me on that, I'm not a doctor, but I seem to remember my younger brother having to have his removed, and they did so because they were afraid it was going to rupture.

Note didn't Chris Sims have the same thing happen?

fromphilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GreenBlood said:

But you have to remember that you were back on the HIGH SCHOOL football field. Al has to return to the NFL football field. A big difference! I wish him the best. The Eagles had Al as a NICKEL back before he arrived in GB. What a luxury that was! I knew yall had a great corner the minute the news broke that he'd signed.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
We could be screwed hard if haris is gone.. Tramon has been playin like shizz and got deep by miles austin?? I wouldn't have even known who that was unless I played madden

He didn't play that bad. Tramon made a great play deflecting a ball on a mid range pass during the game.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But still.. That can't happen. If Bush got beat deep like that everyone would be pessssed!!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's pretty much official now. Even his agent has confirmed it. Taken out in a freak play by his own guy. This one hurts.

The Play

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Harris is lost for the year, it's going to be time for our young reserves to grow up in a hurry. Tramon Williams has been the most consistent of them so far, so he's obviously going to start next to Woodson. Blackmon will play the majority of nickel with Lee in for the occasional Dime package. Bush needs to cocentrate on helping out at Safety for now considering how nicked up we are there.

It will be a tougher year with no Al Harris, but our starters aren't getting any younger and we need to see if these younger guys behind them are really the long term answer to eventually replace Woodson and Harris.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aa-rodg_is_cool said:

Williams had a decent game. The TD he allowed he got burned, but the other 50 some odd yard play to Austin was not his fault it was a blown coverage by Woodson.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dansz15 said:
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:

Williams had a decent game. The TD he allowed he got burned, but the other 50 some odd yard play to Austin was not his fault it was a blown coverage by Woodson.

With a little safety help over the top, things like that wouldn't happen.

Members online

Latest posts