Al Harris holding out?!?! Skipping camp?!!?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our boy Bruce found this one:

Packers | Harris skipping minicamp because of contract Published Sat May 20 12:58:00 a.m. CT 2006
(KFFL) Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is skipping the team's three-day minicamp because he would like the team to upgrade his contract, according to a team source.
---------------------------

I hope this is an error by the Wisconsin State Journal...

:gulp:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many Veteran Packers skipping this three day minicamp because it is not manditory. Brett Favre, KBG and others are not there. Al Harris deosn't have to be at this minicamp and he risk no fines etc. for using this occasion to voice his dis satisfaction with his contract if this report is accurate.. So far this is no holdout!!

Al Harris and Donald Driver were one of the few players to have good '05 season. Donald Driver's unhappiness with his contract came out in the the middle of Javon Walker controversy a few weeks ago, Javon Walker said Donald Driver was very un happy with his contract. Presto!! All of sudden Donald Driver got a contract extension and almost $4m more for '06 season.

Now is it any wonder, that all of sudden, this time there is a report, only it is not Javon Walker saying something, but this time it is a sports reporter Jason Wilde. only it is CB Al Harris who is unhappy about his contract.

Should be no surprise this is happening. Will Al Harris succeed like Donald Driver has and recieve hefty raise? Will it work for Al Harris, a CB ,as for WR Driver who had a great '05 season? The next couple of weeks will tell.

But this happens all the time in NFL. the Packers are not the only team, it happens to all NFL teams. That is why are those free agents are out there, looking for the big money contracts because they are not happy with what they are being paid. It is Free agency era in pro football.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Harris get a fat new contract when the whole Mckenzie debacle went down?

Yes he did. I wouldn't over-react, but it is from the WSJ and is it is likely very real that he is grumbling. It was kind of inevitable with the BIG deal thrown at Woodson.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, what a world we have created when there are people unhappy with receiving millions of dollars for something they love to do. Greedy idiots.

These people make more in one week than most people do in one year and that's still not good enough. I'm so sick of hearing about these baby pro athletes that don't make enough money. Self-serving ******** is what they are. :x :x :x

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Wow, what a world we have created when there are people unhappy with receiving millions of dollars for something they love to do. Greedy idiots.

These people make more in one week than most people do in one year and that's still not good enough. I'm so sick of hearing about these baby pro athletes that don't make enough money. Self-serving ******** is what they are. :x :x :x

Me too Rabid! Some of these guys make more in one game then most working people make in 5 years! It makes me sick! They never will have to worry about their future, or their kids futures (if they don't just blow the money).
Back in the "old days", players played because they loved it. Most had to get SUMMER jobs to make a living. These brats are spoiled!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Let's see. Go in the direction of the lame hi-jack or the thread's initial post? Decisions...

tromadz said:
our boy Bruce found this one:

Packers | Harris skipping minicamp because of contract Published Sat May 20 12:58:00 a.m. CT 2006
(KFFL) Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is skipping the team's three-day minicamp because he would like the team to upgrade his contract, according to a team source.
---------------------------

I hope this is an error by the Wisconsin State Journal...

:gulp:
We'll go with the thread's initial post.

Al Harris was the Donald Driver of the Mike McKenzie saga. Driver got ka-ching after Walker left, just like Al go Ka-ching after McKenzie left.

I'm thinking this is false.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the league do something about these contract re-negotiations? Say worst case, Harris does hold out and not play. It is bs that the packers have had to continually deal with this issue.

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
GP_1_Again said:
4packgirl said:
tromadz said:
(sleep is for the weak)

and the sane!!! :wink:

as far as the harris thing goes - it better be a rumor!!! :twisted:

4PackGirl you dropped this...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OMG - i LOVE it, GP!!! you are THE BEST DUDE!!!!!! :D

I got tired of these guys picking on you about the other one. No problem... :lol:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, they kept saying she had on too many clothes - guess that's NOT a problem anymore, huh??

now we better get back on the topic before we get into trouble!! :)

how the heck is that al harris guy doing anyway???

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like everyone on the board will have a fancy siggy except me. I guess that will make me stand out in the crowd! :wink:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeusNova said:
I will reserve judgment until either Harris or his agent confirm it.

yeah thats what im doin, like i said..i hope it was an error on the wisconsin journal.

Reaction score
4packgirl said:
now we better get back on the topic before we get into trouble!!

TOO LATE! 4 packgirl, please report to AADP's mod office for appropriate punishment. :twisted: :wink: Ahem....

:p :lol:

I think perhaps Harris wants more money, specially after the Woodson deal. Unfortunatly, agents don't tend to look at the ACTUAL deal, knowing that Woodson's deal is no more than a 3 year deal worth roughly 5-6 million per year.

If Harris wants more money, I believe he will follow the same path Driver did, and keep it private. Unfortunatly, I am a little concerned now with what is going on with Packer's players thinking they deserve a pay raise. :-?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts