Al Harris had the game in his hands...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and he dropped it. That was a huge play. He might've even gone all the way if he had intercepted that pass, which hit him right square in the hands. That's the kind of day it was for the Packers. They did not lose the game at the line of scrimmage. They lost it because they did not do nearly as good a job as the Rams of securing the football today.

The Packers dropped at least a few passes on offense, fumbled three times (one was recovered by the fumbler), and dropped two easy interceptions (one by Harris, one by Hawk). There's your ballgame.

Oh, and they also missed a field goal--and lost by three points.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dropped two easy interceptions (one by Harris, one by Hawk).

It was 3 Woodson dropped one as well

Well it matter the Harris dropped the ball but really it doesnt because at the end we should have won anyway or atleast had it go into OT.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew somebody would mention the Woodson "drop." It was not a drop. He would've had to catch that ball one-handed, against his shoulder, in mid-air. The announcers made much of the fact that Woodson was mad at himself after that play, but Woodson was mad at himself only because he has high standards.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
You can't balme it all on Al Harris. The blame can be spread thru many different people. Al Harrris' drop could have won us the game, but he dropped it. Bottom line imo: Al Harris didn't loose us the game, he just didn't win us the game when he had an opprotunity to.

Read my post again. I did not blame the loss on Harris. He just made the worst of many blunders.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Greg C. said:
thetombradyhater said:
You can't balme it all on Al Harris. The blame can be spread thru many different people. Al Harrris' drop could have won us the game, but he dropped it. Bottom line imo: Al Harris didn't loose us the game, he just didn't win us the game when he had an opprotunity to.

Read my post again. I did not blame the loss on Harris. He just made the worst of many blunders.

my bad

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:

Well put. However, as a team, we need more takeaways. Turnovers are killing us and three interceptions in five games is not acceptable.

These are fundamentals. When a defender has the ball in his hands, he needs to hang on to it. Even the Rams announcer said Harris and Hawk had easy interceptions. The Rams announcer also said Harris would have had a TD had he picked it off. (I listened to the game on the radio and only the Rams radio channels were working).

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Well put. However, as a team, we need more takeaways. Turnovers are killing us and three interceptions in five games is not acceptable.

These are fundamentals. When a defender has the ball in his hands, he needs to hang on to it. Even the Rams announcer said Harris and Hawk had easy interceptions. The Rams announcer also said Harris would have had a TD had he picked it off. (I listened to the game on the radio and only the Rams radio channels were working).

Bulger said he would've scored too. It was wide open spaces.

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I knew somebody would mention the Woodson "drop." It was not a drop. He would've had to catch that ball one-handed, against his shoulder, in mid-air. The announcers made much of the fact that Woodson was mad at himself after that play, but Woodson was mad at himself only because he has high standards.

Greg, I would make the point that for a person who got the contract Woodson got, you expect him to make big plays, and that would have been a big play.

However that isn't important, indeed it was a very had catch and I'm glad Woodson was able to make sure it wasn't a complete pass.

As for Hawk, I think it can be understood that he is a rookie, so such "lapses" are expected. Should the oppertunity arrise again however, I would be upset if he didn't come down with the INT.

I agree with your original post on Hariss, and TBH you made a great point in bold.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
For those of you who think Woodson couldn't have made that play.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Sj9PQXC6rs

Ah, my favorite highlight. Keep in mind that was pre-broken legs, shoulder, and turf toe...with a team making a title run.

And it's really hard for me to admit this, but he is well overdue to start making Woodson-esque plays again. I know he has it in him...the question is will he ever get that killer instinct again...

*footnote--it'd be remarkable what a capable safety would do for Wood and Harris.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Ah, my favorite highlight. Keep in mind that was pre-broken legs, shoulder, and turf toe...with a team making a title run.

And it's really hard for me to admit this, but he is well overdue to start making Woodson-esque plays again. I know he has it in him...the question is will he ever get that killer instinct again...

*footnote--it'd be remarkable what a capable safety would do for Wood and Harris.

What's a capable safety?

I liked watching Manuel whiff on Holt. Collins would have at least touched him..

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did not lose the game, however great players make those interceptions 9 out of 10 times. Harris, Woodson and Hawk are not great players so they make the interception much less frequently.

Harris is good, but will never be great. Woodson was great at one point in time, but no longer(although still good). We have to hope that Hawk becomes great.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:
He did not lose the game, however great players make those interceptions 9 out of 10 times. Harris, Woodson and Hawk are not great players so they make the interception much less frequently.

Harris is good, but will never be great. Woodson was great at one point in time, but no longer(although still good). We have to hope that Hawk becomes great.

Spardo, I won't agree or disagree with your assesment of these players talents but I could have made those damn catches. Especially Harris'.

You can't say that it would have taken a great player to make that catch. That was a gimme for crying out loud. He just took his eye off the dang ball and dropped it.

Woodson's was a little tougher off his back shoulder but it looked like Hawk was the receiver on the one he missed. Threw it right to him.

As far as talent goes. They are good enough to certainly make these plays and would bet we will see them make much harder INT'S before the season is over. All three of 'em. That's why seeing them missing these is hard to take.
They ARE better than that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
spardo62 said:

Spardo, I won't agree or disagree with your assesment of these players talents but I could have made those damn catches. Especially Harris'.

You can't say that it would have taken a great player to make that catch. That was a gimme for crying out loud. He just took his eye off the dang ball and dropped it.

Woodson's was a little tougher off his back shoulder but it looked like Hawk was the receiver on the one he missed. Threw it right to him.

As far as talent goes. They are good enough to certainly make these plays and would bet we will see them make much harder INT'S before the season is over. All three of 'em. That's why seeing them missing these is hard to take.
They ARE better than that.

Being at the game, I saw the Woodson dropped INT first hand and let tell everyone here: if you say that would have been an extremely tough catch or whatever, you're misleading yourself and that's fine, go right ahead. That play, along with Harris' and Hawk's, should have been made. Bulger doesn't throw 3 picks yesterday because the Packers defenders had the "dropsies". The dropsies is a medical condition that is contagious and the Packers receivers must have forgotten to label their water bottles or something.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
these people better make those plays. they didnt get payed for nothing. harris is not going to get more money by dropping ints like that.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Yared-Yam said:
For those of you who think Woodson couldn't have made that play.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Sj9PQXC6rs

just because Woodson has made an amazing play in the past doesn't mean he'll make it everytime. Its like saying because I hit a hole in one on Hole 3, I'll get a hole in one every time I play hole 3.

Members online