Al Harris and Bigby

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heres the bottom line al harris is 33 years old, i mean the guys plays pretty damn well for 33, obviously is career is winding down like it or not, and within 2 years a change will need to be made

dont get me wrong id still put him top 5 corner in the league today

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
heres the bottom line al harris is 33 years old, i mean the guys plays pretty damn well for 33, obviously is career is winding down like it or not, and within 2 years a change will need to be made

dont get me wrong id still put him top 5 corner in the league today

There is a progression to Free safety for Al in a year or two.. I agree that his days are corner are probably within the next year or two.. but he could make the switch to FS and have a huge impact on a team..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wiffs on MANY of his tackles. He's been playing really loose and has been giving up a lot of first downs. I like him, but I think he isn't as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

Deion Sanders was one of the absolute worse tacklers you'll ever see but as long as he shut down the opposition's receiver it was a flaw that you can live with. Harris is by no means Sanders but he is a heck of a corner. To play bump and run coverage as good as he does consistently is unheard of in the NFL. Most receivers hate getting bumped at the line of scrimmage like that.

I really don't think we're playing in an era of great corners right now. Champ is great but Ty Law in his prime was better in my opinion as was Darrell Green and Deion Sanders.

Harris is one of the best in this current era of corners.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:
He wiffs on MANY of his tackles. He's been playing really loose and has been giving up a lot of first downs. I like him, but I think he isn't as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

Deion Sanders was one of the absolute worse tacklers you'll ever see but as long as he shut down the opposition's receiver it was a flaw that you can live with. Harris is by no means Sanders but he is a heck of a corner. To play bump and run coverage as good as he does consistently is unheard of in the NFL. Most receivers hate getting bumped at the line of scrimmage like that.

I really don't think we're playing in an era of great corners right now. Champ is great but Ty Law in his prime was better in my opinion as was Darrell Green and Deion Sanders.

Harris is one of the best in this current era of corners.

On NFL Network, Jaime Dukes just said Al Harris is the best in the business. he said Deion Sanders regards Harris as the best cover corner in the NFL. Thats good enough for me when the best cornerback to ever live says that about you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Deion Sanders was one of the absolute worse tacklers you'll ever see but as long as he shut down the opposition's receiver it was a flaw that you can live with.

Except that's supposed to be Al's strength...

Reaction score

Let's not forget that Al suffered an injury to his right hand, and is probably playing nicked up.... it's not like Al to miss as many tackles as he has so far this season.

I'm guessing that injury he suffered is effecting him more than anyone within the Packers has let on.

And his back problems aren't really helping matters either.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
then he should be *****ing and moaning about it so people expect less out of him!

That Viking air is polluting your mind.. only Viking players whine non-stop.. not real ones. ;)

Lexstein

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny that Harris and Bigby have bad games and people find it necessary to complain about it. How many HORRIBLE games has Brett Favre had over the years and only a handful of people complain at any given time complain about it? I mean, Favre, as much as I love having him as the Packers QB, makes some of the absolute worst decisions I have ever seen a QB make at any level.

The bottom line is that Harris and Bigby had bad games, since every player has bad games (and we still won), so what?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny that Harris and Bigby have bad games and people find it necessary to complain about it. How many HORRIBLE games has Brett Favre had over the years and only a handful of people complain at any given time complain about it? I mean, Favre, as much as I love having him as the Packers QB, makes some of the absolute worst decisions I have ever seen a QB make at any level.

You're gonna be a popular one.

Lexstein

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy, really?

Don't get me wrong, all those helmets you have lined up there are intimidating but I didn't know I sign up for a popularity contest. I just thought this was a place for Packer fans to state their opinions on topics regarding the Packers.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lexstein said:

You're gonna be a popular one.

:) ez tro

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Deion Sanders was one of the absolute worse tacklers you'll ever see but as long as he shut down the opposition's receiver it was a flaw that you can live with.

I'm not sure where this idea came from that he's a bad tackler. Because he missed a tackle in the Denver game? I've always thought he was a pretty good tackler.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I'm not sure where this idea came from that he's a bad tackler. Because he missed a tackle in the Denver game? I've always thought he was a pretty good tackler.

I've been critical of Harris\Woodson for a while now, as my posts will say. They arent playing up to their level. Bigby is a kid who had a horrid game. THAT happens, but half a season of AVERAGE play from 2 'pro bowlers' is disappointing to me.

With that said, I hope they get 3 picks each in every game here on out! Go packers D!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
tromadz said:
porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I've been critical of Harris\Woodson for a while now, as my posts will say. They arent playing up to their level. Bigby is a kid who had a horrid game. THAT happens, but half a season of AVERAGE play from 2 'pro bowlers' is disappointing to me.

With that said, I hope they get 3 picks each in every game here on out! Go packers D!

ive actually been looking at their numbers and they arnt anything special to say the least, again i think giving up the big plays is just as important as turnovers, they really havnt given that many big plays up that i can recall

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Harris has always been a poor tackler. Woodson is actually a good tackler. He could play safety pretty good I think Harris is just physical at the line of scrimmage. He's kind of soft when it comes to tackling.

I don't think Harris is the best CB in the NFL but I have problems finding a better Corner in the game after Bailey.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Wow

Pretty cloudy about Al Harris and his talent in this thread. I'll come back an read it when I have my boots on to step through all the BS.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do. Easily. Harris played bad. Very bad, and Some no name WR stepping out of bounds made his day not seem as bad as it truly was.

Woodson had 2 awesome monster plays sprinkled in a bad game. I'm glad it worked out the way it did though, but your all caps "OMG WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT WOODSON AND HARRIS NOW" post might be a little silly.

I hope woodon and harris have 2 ints each the rest of the season though!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had caps lock on....lol, but yah, chuck came through in the clutch today but al had a knock down on a deep ball that was big as well.....neither gave up a score

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had caps lock on....lol, but yah, chuck came through in the clutch today but al had a knock down on a deep ball that was big as well.....neither gave up a score

I'm not gonna keep going with this and poop on the party, but they gave up penalties and such, that led to others being exploited.

The play where Bigby got owned happened BECAUSE of 2 bad plays by woodson and harris, then bigby got put in that position to get owned. Had they played at the level people seem to think they are, that wouldn't have happened.

My silly drunken diary will be up soon and I mention on the spot harris and woodsons errors.

and once again, im glad C-Wood came through in the clutch. I like that. I hope they both do great from here on out.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did woodson & harris play bad. Other than tony gonzalez, the cheifs had like 100 othery yards of offense. You can not expect perfection from guys who are on an island all game long. Nobody ever said they were Deion Sanders. So critical of a completed pass you guys are. All the big plays and interference calls were to Gonzalez and vs Bigby who was up against the greatest tight end the NFL has ever seen. Come on guys.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wont ***** about either Harris or Bigby.

Harris is a top shelf corner and Bigby is a HUGE upgrade over Manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts