Al Harris and Bigby

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
My brother in law has been telling me for years that Al harris isn't nearly as good as people say he is. I've starting paying closer attention to it this year and I have to agree.

Well, your brother in law is an idiot.

I beg to differ wise ***. An opinion doesn't make up a person.

Well, an opinion ought to be based on some facts, or, reason, or something other than just because . What numbers or facts does this brother in law of yours have to support his position?

Do receiver make tons of catches against him? No. Do they gain a ton of receiving yards going his way? No. Do they score bunches of TD's on him? NO.

If you look at what Harris has done to opposing #1 WR's in this league for years now it is rediculous to say that.

So, O.K. he's not an idiot he's rediculous.

Back your crap up!

Wise ***.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I had a friend (a Pack fan) call me from Arizona, he doesn't get to see many Pack games there. But he said if the Pack lost Monday it was "that Bigby" who lost the game. He doesn't have any prior feelings about Bigby one way or the other, but he pointed to that weakness.

We can't afford another game like that one. He better get his act together.

Watch those to PI penalties again on Bigby.. they were ticky tack calls.. the late hit was an act of aggression, not acceptable but it did send a message.

The kicking the ball penalty was just plain silly.. and he got yanked for it. MM will not let him forget this game either way... remember this kid has only played a handful of games in the NFL. Like Jones against the Bears... learning experience.. young players will make silly mistakes. Part of the whole deal of going young.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:
warhawk said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
My brother in law has been telling me for years that Al harris isn't nearly as good as people say he is. I've starting paying closer attention to it this year and I have to agree.

Well, an opinion ought to be based on some facts, or, reason, or something other than just because . What numbers or facts does this brother in law of yours have to support his position?

Do receiver make tons of catches against him? No. Do they gain a ton of receiving yards going his way? No. Do they score bunches of TD's on him? NO.

If you look at what Harris has done to opposing #1 WR's in this league for years now it is rediculous to say that.

Back your crap up!

Wise ***.

I would like to add here that Al Harris is the main reason our defense is what it is today. His ability to go man up, joined by Woodson now, dictates the defensive schemes we can run.
We have the luxury of NOT having to go zone much because we have Al Harris who is going to shut down the #1 pass receiving threat on the opposing team.
This also frees up the LB's to get involved in the pressure schemes more and the safeties have more defined roles with less coverage responsibilities.
The NUMBER ONE HARDEST PLAYER to replace whose loss would have the most damaging affect on this team is Al Harris.
That would mean Woodson moves to the #1 CB slot and Bush more than likely goes to #2 and it affects the nickle greatly as well. You best HOPE the one guy that does not go down for this team is that guy.

Now. You tell me why he's not that good.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Agreed.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wiffs on MANY of his tackles. He's been playing really loose and has been giving up a lot of first downs. I like him, but I think he isn't as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
I had a friend (a Pack fan) call me from Arizona, he doesn't get to see many Pack games there. But he said if the Pack lost Monday it was "that Bigby" who lost the game. He doesn't have any prior feelings about Bigby one way or the other, but he pointed to that weakness.

We can't afford another game like that one. He better get his act together.

Watch those to PI penalties again on Bigby.. they were ticky tack calls.. the late hit was an act of aggression, not acceptable but it did send a message.

The kicking the ball penalty was just plain silly.. and he got yanked for it. MM will not let him forget this game either way... remember this kid has only played a handful of games in the NFL. Like Jones against the Bears... learning experience.. young players will make silly mistakes. Part of the whole deal of going young.

I could not agree more with this assesment. Bigby has been a major upgrade from the likes of Roman and Manuel. Did he have a bad game? Yes. So what? Favre had a bad game against the Redskins. It happens. The Packers found a way to win. That is the bottom line, the rest is just window dressing.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wiffs on MANY of his tackles. He's been playing really loose and has been giving up a lot of first downs.

Name me a corner that doesn't? Champ Bailey, the supposed "Greatest Corner in the NFL" got burned for a 79 yard TD by a rookie WR. Does this mean Bailey is overrated as well? Hardly.

Al Harris is one of the best in the game today.

Pack93z

Reaction score
He wiffs on MANY of his tackles. He's been playing really loose and has been giving up a lot of first downs. I like him, but I think he isn't as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

Lets see here, bum shoulder and stiff sore back.. is he being real aggressive in tackling this season, no, but injuries might be playing more a part of that than anything else.

Dial up some film from the last couple of years.. the guy is as physical as they come at corner...

Ask Chad Johnson whom he thinks is the best cover guy he faced in the last couple of years.. one of the better recievers in the game. He might disagree with your brother in law.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Playing loose? Now I understand. Your confused about who we're talking about here.

Sorry. My bad. I was talking about Al Harris.

You know, the guy that lines up one foot beyond the line of scrimmage and beats on the receiver for five yards(and sometimes beyond).

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loose after the bump when he drops into coverage.

A.K.A. every corner in the league only we're talking about one guy that has this happen less than anybody else. Champ Bailey is the only guy I see who is closer to his guy more often than Harris and even he get's his butt whipped.

I go to places on Sunday where they have ALL the games. I watch a lot of different teams and players and can tell you that Al Harris plays tighter defense than 99% of the corners out there.

For one thing most teams do NOT put their best corner man for man, all game long. Most play some man coverage and some zone and some play mostly zone.

There's not many corners given the opportunity to fail as much as he is and no corner IMO comes thru more. For that, I hold a lot of respect for him and to not recognize how well he plays that position is as silly as saying Brett can't sling it long anymore.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Check this out..

A little piece on Harris...

about half way through...

NFL starting recievers said:
Here's some for Harris. Lions wide receiver Roy Williams calls him the best cornerback in the game. Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson has called him "ridiculously good." Bears wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad says he does a "great job."

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check this out..

A little piece on Harris...

about half way through...

NFL starting recievers said:
Here's some for Harris. Lions wide receiver Roy Williams calls him the best cornerback in the game. Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson has called him "ridiculously good." Bears wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad says he does a "great job."

I will say that there times on Sunday when we did not do a good job of getting to Cutler and you can count on somebody getting open when that happens. Denver had a patchwork "0" line but we didn't do much until Kampy started getting in there some in the second half.

I would say that was less than a stellar performance pressure-wise by our front four on Cutler but's it's always the corners and safeties that get nailed and accused of playing bad.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Uh Warhawk....I don't think anyone got to Cutler on Sunday except maybe his wife/girfriend.

Utoh... Shanny will have him on the lie dector very soon... poor bugger will be under lock and key from now on. :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:
Uh Warhawk....I don't think anyone got to Cutler on Sunday except maybe his wife/girfriend.

Utoh... Shanny will have him on the lie dector very soon... poor bugger will be under lock and key from now on. :lol:

Nah, he'll just be forced to take a class on proper ****** use from anyone on the team but Travis Henry... :shock:

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Nah, he'll just be forced to take a class on proper ****** use from anyone on the team but Travis Henry... :shock:

LOL... you would think the Travis might think a little about a snip or two.. gotta be cheaper..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
Loose after the bump when he drops into coverage.

I go to places on Sunday where they have ALL the games.

So do I. My living room...

:)

O.K., so there are 64 starting CB's out there and if Harris is not so great where does that put the other 63?

Your watching them all so name them. If he isn't that good MANY names should be listed.

Just be a little careful here because there are some very savy people on this forum so think carefully before you put names of players better than Harris out there.

You might want to call your Bro in law. He seems to know a lot about cornerbacks.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Corners in this league... 2 from each conference..

Elite..
Champ Bailey

All Pro
Al Harris
Chris McAllister
Ronde Barber Or maybe Nate Clements

Next...
Bodden, Leigh

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Elite..
Champ Bailey

All Pro
Al Harris
Chris McAllister

Next...
Bodden, Leigh

Good list. I can go with that.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
warhawk said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Back your crap up!

Wise ***.

I would like to add here that Al Harris is the main reason our defense is what it is today. His ability to go man up, joined by Woodson now, dictates the defensive schemes we can run.
We have the luxury of NOT having to go zone much because we have Al Harris who is going to shut down the #1 pass receiving threat on the opposing team.
This also frees up the LB's to get involved in the pressure schemes more and the safeties have more defined roles with less coverage responsibilities.
The NUMBER ONE HARDEST PLAYER to replace whose loss would have the most damaging affect on this team is Al Harris.
That would mean Woodson moves to the #1 CB slot and Bush more than likely goes to #2 and it affects the nickle greatly as well. You best HOPE the one guy that does not go down for this team is that guy.

Now. You tell me why he's not that good.

I agree completely. I think most people underate both Harris and Woodson because they man up every single play. That is a rare thing in today's NFL and at times it can make them look bad. They are fantastic at what they do.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Elite..
Champ Bailey

All Pro
Al Harris
Chris McAllister

Next...
Bodden, Leigh

I think with the way he's coming along, Woodson has climbed back into the all Pro status. Early in his career he was great and then injuries slowed him down but he's really found himself in Green Bay. He's as equally as important to this team as Harris in my opinion.

I like this list. Champ to me is the best in the game. I also like Antoine Winfield a lot as well. Doesn't get enough due in Minnesota in my opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I won't disagree there, but how many of those 'wiffs' lead to points?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts